Watch for road work this week

Full story: The York Daily Record

Crews will not be working on the main thoroughfares of Interstate 83 or Route 30 this week but will be sealing cracks, mowing and widening other roads, according to the York County maintenance office of the state Department of Transportation.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 24, 2010
trekrider

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Why bother listing this, 99% drivers have no regards for speed limit in the work area.
It is a fact speed limit is only a suggestion!
Caution

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

No problem: What is yellow and sleeps six (6)? A PennDot truck!
Incagnito

Dallastown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Judged:

Caution wrote:
No problem: What is yellow and sleeps six (6)? A PennDot truck!
You always crack this joke, and I find it funny every time! I have never looked at a PennDot truck the same since the first time I heard this.
pastorjohnandvic ki

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Don't count on it, the work being done that is. The York County maintenance office of the state Department of Transportation has been telling me and my wife for months and years they would be working on Goram Road in Lower Chanceford Township. Early April PennDot removed two feet plus from both sides of Goram Road and replaced it with gravel. The gravel has since washed away. There are pot holes big enough to cause major damage to your vehicle. We've been told more than once they would come out and repair the sides, but that hasn't happened either. There have been no major repairs to this road in over 30 years that I have lived here. Not sure what it will take to have this road repaired, maybe an accident with a school bus trying to pass an oncoming vehicle on a road hardly wide enough for the bus alone. I've also contacted Stan Saylor who contacted Terry Sprenkle. All we have gotten are empty promises.
PA Motorist

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2010

Does York county Penndot know what a mower is ? I dont think they do because of the weeds and tall grass growing along the roads of York county especially rt 30 and I 83 which alot of visitors from out of state use it sends a message to vistors that PA IS A SLOPPY UNKEPT PIG PEN OF A STATE !! The welcome signs at the state lines should read WELCOME TO PIGSYLVANIA !! You can throw in trash ridden highways too nice to see all that litter and blown out truck tire debris lying along our state roadways makes you feel proud to know your tax dollars go to waste with Penndot .They cant even get inspection stickers to stick right on drivers windshields .
Dekey

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2010

PA Motorist wrote:
Does York county Penndot know what a mower is ? I dont think they do because of the weeds and tall grass growing along the roads of York county especially rt 30 and I 83 which alot of visitors from out of state use it sends a message to vistors that PA IS A SLOPPY UNKEPT PIG PEN OF A STATE !! The welcome signs at the state lines should read WELCOME TO PIGSYLVANIA !! You can throw in trash ridden highways too nice to see all that litter and blown out truck tire debris lying along our state roadways makes you feel proud to know your tax dollars go to waste with Penndot .They cant even get inspection stickers to stick right on drivers windshields .
You dumb a$$ Penn Dot doesn't make the stickers and wouldn't have known they were defective until thousands were put on cars.Use your brain instead of the thing you sit on. You are so right though about the grass! Due to slick Eddie and the boys in
Harrisburg there probably is no money for mowing. Could you grab your mower and lend a
hand for a state in need.Eddie needs all the help he can get.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lewisberry Discussions

Search the Lewisberry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 11 hr black panther 51,189
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 12 hr From Clarks summit 3,815
At 75, one woman's crusade to preserve historic... Jun 28 ALS 1
Police search for man involved in assault (Oct '13) Jun '14 Petal Power 10
Water main break affecting Mechanicsburg area c... May '14 Davenport 10
Michael Torz May '14 Opportunity awaits 1
Grace McGuire May '14 Gary 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lewisberry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000