Remedy coming soon for 911 problem

Remedy coming soon for 911 problem

There are 2 comments on the Evening Sun story from May 6, 2010, titled Remedy coming soon for 911 problem. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Standing often only feet apart, battling a fire at three trailers in Newberry Township last week, firefighters from York and Cumberland counties could not communicate directly with one another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Bye bye Bistline

Harrisburg, PA

#1 May 7, 2010
This guy needs to go and have the #2 guy take over.
Big Concern

United States

#2 May 7, 2010
I hope a police officer or a firefighter in trouble doesn't have to call for back up because they will never get thru. If you sit and listen to these dispatchers sometime, most of them can't keep the calls seperate. They have sent people to the wrong area numerous times. I don't understand how getting an alpha page on a pager is safer for an emergency responder. How are they suppose to read and drive at the same time? This is the most stupid idea I have ever heard of. Old system worked much better even though it had flaws too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
------a question about height------ (Jan '17) Aug 6 Craig 9
Business Fraud! Jul 27 Code library 4
News Cumberland County considers fighting blight wit... May '17 Jrh 1
News Tempers erupt, police called to Susquehanna Twp... (Nov '13) May '17 RealFrank 2
thiefs public warning (Feb '12) Apr '17 Milton 4
News City man sentenced for stealing from employer (Apr '11) Feb '17 Getbackhonkycat 3
News Police arrest 8 for fraud following Kennedy Fri... (Feb '17) Feb '17 HA HA Man 2

Lewisberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisberry Mortgages