East Side man found fatally shot | Th...

East Side man found fatally shot | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 30 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 26, 2010, titled East Side man found fatally shot | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A man who helped students plan and prepare for college was found shot to death in his East Side apartment yesterday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
neighborhood bologna

Blacklick, OH

#1 Aug 26, 2010
"Neighbors heard gunshots but didn't report them." Then I guess it's not a problem.
Chris

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 26, 2010
This is worse than the wars.
Garbage

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 26, 2010
RIP....
Connie

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 26, 2010
How awful that apparently you hear gunshots in your neighborhood so often that you don't even bother reporting it anymore....sad.
Come on folks - get involved - the only way to make your streets and neighborhoods safer is to get out there and take them back from the thugs.
oh surprise

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 26, 2010
sigh
Voice of Reason

New York, NY

#6 Aug 26, 2010
Look...drug dealers, thiefs, rapist, and murderers killing each other is just fine with me. But now these thugs are killing people who actually contribute to their communities and society. The shooter(s) need to be caught and swiftly executed.
A friend

Columbus, OH

#7 Aug 26, 2010
This is truly devastating news. I had the priveledge of working with Bobby. The impact he made with children and their families around Columbus was significant and meaningful. He was a great mentor to both children and adults alike, working to put the needs of disadvantaged youth ahead of his own and trying to make the world a better place. In all my memories of working with him, I recall his infectious smile and his "can do attitude". I pray for his friends and family who try to come to terms with such a loss and hope they find comfort in knowing how many people he impacted in a meaningful way.

“Fire in my Bones and”

Since: Apr 10

The sweet taste of Kerosene

#8 Aug 26, 2010
Connie wrote:
How awful that apparently you hear gunshots in your neighborhood so often that you don't even bother reporting it anymore....sad.
Come on folks - get involved - the only way to make your streets and neighborhoods safer is to get out there and take them back from the thugs.
I used to live on the south end, right off of Parsons Ave. Pretty shady neighborhood (just voted the most dangerous in Columbus). I heard Gun Shots probably at least once an hour if not more. Night time, even more. I couldn't possibly call the police 25+ times a day about it. If we didn't hear the Police helicopter at least every 3 hours, we would start to get worried. It is sad to say but that is life when your poor. You learn to completely block it out, and only notice it when it is absent. I remember my first terrifying year there, when the clock struck 12 on New Years, every person out there shot guns off. I made my husband go get my children out of there beds and bring them downstairs, for fear of a stray bullet. Did the Cops care at all? Nope. I watched an old man get pistol whipped, and stompped almost to death in front of my house, toook the Police almost 45 minutes to arrive, in which time the ambulance just circled the block, because they won't arrive first in that neighborhood. It is hard to care when it seems the Police force doesn't.
you sound like a winner

Plymouth, MN

#9 Aug 26, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to live on the south end, right off of Parsons Ave. Pretty shady neighborhood (just voted the most dangerous in Columbus). I heard Gun Shots probably at least once an hour if not more. Night time, even more. I couldn't possibly call the police 25+ times a day about it. If we didn't hear the Police helicopter at least every 3 hours, we would start to get worried. It is sad to say but that is life when your poor. You learn to completely block it out, and only notice it when it is absent. I remember my first terrifying year there, when the clock struck 12 on New Years, every person out there shot guns off. I made my husband go get my children out of there beds and bring them downstairs, for fear of a stray bullet. Did the Cops care at all? Nope. I watched an old man get pistol whipped, and stompped almost to death in front of my house, toook the Police almost 45 minutes to arrive, in which time the ambulance just circled the block, because they won't arrive first in that neighborhood. It is hard to care when it seems the Police force doesn't.
Umm, this murder happened on the EAST SIDE. Ya'll can keep all that Parsons mess on the South End. So your story, as heart-felt as you tried to make it, is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Thanks for sharing, I guess.
Jeanette Morgan

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Aug 26, 2010
I hope they catch this guy for killing my cousin. He was such sweet guy who was there to help anyone out. He was the life of any party and makes you laugh. He does nothing to people and whomever decided to kill my family I wish you will get the death penalty if you ever get caught. You took away someone dear and special to my family. I live in WV so when I heard what happpened I couldn't believe it. I used to visit Columbus so many times never knew it was bad like it is now. This is my second family member who have beeb killed in Ohio. When I read the article I see that people heard the shots, but no one called what the hell is that. You don't have give your name or anything just make the call and say I heard shot at such and such place and hang up. I can't believe this. I love you D. you are going to be truly missed.

“Fire in my Bones and”

#11 Aug 26, 2010
you sound like a winner wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, this murder happened on the EAST SIDE. Ya'll can keep all that Parsons mess on the South End. So your story, as heart-felt as you tried to make it, is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Thanks for sharing, I guess.
I moved far away from "that Parsons mess on the South End"
My post was in response to "How awful that apparently you hear gunshots in your neighborhood so often that you don't even bother reporting it anymore". Thanks for being a Total bitch though, I guess.
you sound like a winner

Plymouth, MN

#12 Aug 26, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved far away from "that Parsons mess on the South End"
My post was in response to "How awful that apparently you hear gunshots in your neighborhood so often that you don't even bother reporting it anymore". Thanks for being a Total **** though, I guess.
Amd still, irrelevant. Should this shooting have had happened on the South End - or close to it, then your 'story' would have been much more appropriate. You trying to flourish on the fact that you made it out of the hood is far from impressive.

Condolences to the family for their loss, relevant. A minuscule comment about how people in certain areas don't call the police because violence is all to common, maybe. Or even something positive to alleviate the confusion the original poster had with not understanding why the Police weren't called. But your long, drawn out, recollection of Parson's Ave hardly hit.

I'm just saying...
jay

Lima, OH

#13 Aug 26, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad people flourish when good poeple do nothing.I hate to see the world when everybody stops carring.

“Fire in my Bones and”

#14 Aug 26, 2010
you sound like a winner wrote:
<quoted text>
Amd still, irrelevant. Should this shooting have had happened on the South End - or close to it, then your 'story' would have been much more appropriate. You trying to flourish on the fact that you made it out of the hood is far from impressive.
Condolences to the family for their loss, relevant. A minuscule comment about how people in certain areas don't call the police because violence is all to common, maybe. Or even something positive to alleviate the confusion the original poster had with not understanding why the Police weren't called. But your long, drawn out, recollection of Parson's Ave hardly hit.
I'm just saying...
Look. I don't know who pissed in your coffee this morning; but I feel sorry for you that you seem to feel the need to come online and attempt to downgrade others. Me "trying to flourish on the fact that you made it out of the hood" was not the point even from the begining. I was not raised there, nor did I live there very long. Does it really matter what "side of town" it happened on? Columbus is shit hole now regardless of what side of town. There have been murders on all sides. I honestly don't feel the need to fake console someone that I have never me.
You need to find someother hobby than trying to knock people down on the internet. I'm Just saying......(For someone that is so down on other people you think you would know that you NEVER start a sentence with a conjunction, yet you do it twice.)
you sound like a winner

Plymouth, MN

#15 Aug 26, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look. I don't know who **** in your coffee this morning; but I feel sorry for you that you seem to feel the need to come online and attempt to downgrade others. Me "trying to flourish on the fact that you made it out of the hood" was not the point even from the begining. I was not raised there, nor did I live there very long. Does it really matter what "side of town" it happened on? Columbus is **** hole now regardless of what side of town. There have been murders on all sides. I honestly don't feel the need to fake console someone that I have never me.
You need to find someother hobby than trying to knock people down on the internet. I'm Just saying......(For someone that is so down on other people you think you would know that you NEVER start a sentence with a conjunction, yet you do it twice.)
Great! I can't say that I find it surprising that you "...honestly don't feel the need to fake console someone that I have never me." - coming from the same person who heard gunshots, and didn't notify the Police because "it happended evry hour...and poor people..." or something like that, right?

Yet you insisted on commenting on a post about a man who lost his life and try to "explain" why you didn't call the police while living in ****** Columbus, but you only lived there a short while. Right? Come on, now.

Oh, and I'll refrain from taking shots at your spelling and grammar, because that'd be too easy. I'd much rather report shots fired, every hour, if need be.
concerned advocate

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 26, 2010
Bobby D. Williams earned his wings a long time ago.
He will be remembered always by his family, friends, colleagues and countless students who learned to believe in themselves because of him. This story should only be about the tragety of his untimely passing.
For those of you reading this who did not know him - you should wish you had, because Bobby was the kindest, most caring person you would have ever met.
For those of you who did know him - take heart - he was surely welcomed by all the rest of the angels in heaven. RIP Bobby D.
Buckeye Fan

Frisco, TX

#17 Aug 26, 2010
This is a horrible loss. I worked with Bobby. He was a wonderful young man. My prayers are with his family.
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#18 Aug 26, 2010
Ashes82 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you say before you were married to a policeman?
He couldn't do anything?
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#19 Aug 26, 2010
Jeanette Morgan wrote:
I hope they catch this guy for killing my cousin. He was such sweet guy who was there to help anyone out. He was the life of any party and makes you laugh. He does nothing to people and whomever decided to kill my family I wish you will get the death penalty if you ever get caught. You took away someone dear and special to my family. I live in WV so when I heard what happpened I couldn't believe it. I used to visit Columbus so many times never knew it was bad like it is now. This is my second family member who have beeb killed in Ohio. When I read the article I see that people heard the shots, but no one called what the hell is that. You don't have give your name or anything just make the call and say I heard shot at such and such place and hang up. I can't believe this. I love you D. you are going to be truly missed.
Sorry for your loss Ms. Morgan.
I question also the fact why nobody called the police. If I hear shots in my neighborhood, I will call, no matter what.
bryjem78nyc

United States

#20 Aug 26, 2010
love u man ur were a excelllent person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewis Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why the British left EU 5 min Zeeba 32
Topix Closes Human Sexuality Forums 6 min Ice Man 8
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 10 min Male 103
Tiffeny Marie Brown 2 hr Posting as myself 7
News Donald Trump to visit eastern Ohio on Tuesday 2 hr Posting as myself 12
Topix- Stop Removing Threads 5 hr d pants 11
News Volkswagen to pay state $13M and compensate nea... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewis Center Mortgages