Doctor, two others arrested in Oxycon...

Doctor, two others arrested in Oxycontin raids

There are 121 comments on the Newsday story from May 14, 2007, titled Doctor, two others arrested in Oxycontin raids. In it, Newsday reports that:

In a crackdown on the illegal mushrooming use of the pain killer Oxycontin, federal agents staged raids on Long Island Monday, charging three people, including a Massapequa doctor with illegal distribution of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
anyway

Denver, CO

#1 May 14, 2007
quote..."The doctor, Richard Morgan, 37, who lives in Oceanside, wrote more than 1,500 prescriptions for Oxycontin and other narcotics for people who were not his patients or whom he had never met or examined, according to officials."

money is the root of all evil, even doctors are now more corrupt then ever, where are you suppose to go or see when you get sick?? these are the people who are operating on us and our loved ones. just unbelieveable.
Manny

Bronx, NY

#2 May 14, 2007
Gives new meaning to the word "Oxymoron"
Politics and Medicine

Boca Raton, FL

#3 May 14, 2007
Where is Abraham Lincoln? How about Hippocrates?
Those people don't do wonderful things anymore because this is an "everyones a celebrity" time.

People who really want to make a difference don't get paid well (Teachers, Mental Health Counselors, etc.). There are a lot more of them.
Peolpe who want glory go for it.
Meme

Union City, NJ

#4 May 14, 2007
Its about time they get to the real people responsible that they need to, to get a grip on the prescription drug abuse problem on Long Island........There are many more doctors doing the same as this one. I commend the suffolk county police department especially lately for all of their big drug arrests. Maybe we are finally going to get a grip on the drug abuse problems on long island. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 07

West Babylon, Ny

#5 May 14, 2007
Politics and Medicine wrote:
Those people don't do wonderful things anymore because this is an "everyones a celebrity" time.
People who really want to make a difference don't get paid well (Teachers, Mental Health Counselors, etc.). There are a lot more of them.
Peolpe who want glory go for it.
I couldn't agree 100% more with you on this statement.
Kevin W

Hempstead, NY

#6 May 14, 2007
Well thanks to the lawyers , being a doctor aint what it used to be.

Consider this you spend 6-8 years going to school working hard, You graduate and do an internship(wich aint easy) for little money.

Now your a DR. with over 100k in student loans and if you want to start your own little practice 100k a year in malpractive ins.

What piss's me off is Oxies were already overpriced NOW it probably cost 50$ for an 80 mg oxy........

Seriously these things are really dangerous and KIDS have no idea what they are doing . These pills are very small and an 10mg,20,40,80 they all look the same and pack a real punch
Long Islander for now

Brooklyn, NY

#7 May 14, 2007
And now maybe they will go check out what is coming out of Meadow Pharmacy in East Meadow. The Vicodin coming out of there is sold all over LI. and the pharmacist knows it.
mert

Shenandoah, IA

#8 May 14, 2007
Just this past year we have had 2 young adults die of this horrible drug and no one has looked into what is going on here in our little community of 6500, I would think this should be a wake up call for our law enforement to be looking further into the situation.
susan

Brooklyn, NY

#9 May 14, 2007
Manny: Good one as usual!
Mike from Connecticut

New York, NY

#12 May 14, 2007
Its Oxycontin-In civilized countries,i.e.
the U.K.-I believe their still using heroin(diacetylmorphine)for pain control-Theres such
a damn stigma+the M.D.s over here in the U.S. are scared stiff by the DEA+other drug-control people.The question is1)Why must we
suffer pain??2) Drug Addiction:Is it a CRIME
or a DISEASE??
Phil

New York, NY

#14 May 14, 2007
From what my youngest son (28) says this is the workings of a mafia ring and this stuff also being sold in gyms on most of the Nassau County south shore towns.
Tom

Albany, NY

#15 May 14, 2007
Long Islander for now wrote:
And now maybe they will go check out what is coming out of Meadow Pharmacy in East Meadow. The Vicodin coming out of there is sold all over LI. and the pharmacist knows it.
Anyone who has legitimate tips about prescription drug fraud should contact Nassau County Department of Social Services at:(877) 711-TIPS or contact the police department.
rush limbaugh

AOL

#16 May 14, 2007
This stuff works great!And bababooey two all!
Kevin W

Hempstead, NY

#17 May 14, 2007
Cancer is a disease

Drinking to much or doing drugs is a CHIOCE.

How many people with heart disease can go to meetings do a 12 step program and cure thier heart?
NONE because it's a disease it can not be cured by whinning how much your life sucks in some church basement.

The reason addiction is refered to as a disease is very simple MONEY!!

Rehab is big money
LI Librarian

Bay Shore, NY

#19 May 14, 2007
You should all use your spell check or consult an English book! It's "you're" not "your." "Prescriptions" is also spelled wrong.
Phil

New York, NY

#20 May 14, 2007
Kevin W wrote:
Cancer is a disease
Drinking to much or doing drugs is a CHIOCE.
How many people with heart disease can go to meetings do a 12 step program and cure thier heart?
NONE because it's a disease it can not be cured by whinning how much your life sucks in some church basement.
The reason addiction is refered to as a disease is very simple MONEY!!
Rehab is big money
Well said!
wordygurdy

Brooklyn, NY

#21 May 14, 2007
Politics and Medicine wrote:
Pretty tough to do wonderful things when you're dead. For hundreds of years, even.

Too many of the living, on the other hand, have forgotten how to live without some kind of artificial coping mechanism.
Jake Lo

Montebello, CA

#22 May 14, 2007
Legalize it, and tax it.. Let the government make money off of it.. Stop spending TAX PAYERS MONEY ON THESE STUPID FUCKING POLICE RAIDS!!!!!!!!!legALIZE ALL THE SHIT!!!!!! tax IT TAX IT.......... WAR ON DRUGS IS FUTILE AND YOU KNOW IT.. DEMAND IS BIGGER THEN EVER.. NO SINGLE DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENCY CAN BEAT DEMAND OR ADDICTION...
maryann

Mattapan, MA

#23 May 14, 2007
I am very happy that there has been all these arrests. I myself was prescribed this medication after back surgery and for 5 years after my dr. was still prescribing it. what happened to getting better after surgery. My life has been hell for all these years and it has taken prison and halfway housing to get me clean, Im finally free of this killer. Clean 10 months Thank God!!!
yea yea

Hempstead, NY

#24 May 14, 2007
anyway wrote:
quote..."The doctor, Richard Morgan, 37, who lives in Oceanside, wrote more than 1,500 prescriptions for Oxycontin and other narcotics for people who were not his patients or whom he had never met or examined, according to officials."
money is the root of all evil, even doctors are now more corrupt then ever, where are you suppose to go or see when you get sick?? these are the people who are operating on us and our loved ones. just unbelieveable.
anybody who says money is the root of all evil doesnt f!@#$%& have any

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Levittown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 12 hr Big Bruser 8,705
custom bakers (Apr '08) Sat Lucy 101
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sat THE TRUTH 2,835
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Feb 23 Jose mejia 120
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Dix Hills (Mar '17) Feb 22 JodieNoel 6
News Cops: Swastika, lewd graffiti spray-painted nea... Feb 22 Fulton Telese 1
News Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Feb 22 Your delusional 48

Levittown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Levittown Mortgages