Defense claims in '85 killing rejected

Defense claims in '85 killing rejected

There are 10 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Jan 16, 2007, titled Defense claims in '85 killing rejected. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

A special judge yesterday rejected allegations of jury tampering in a high-profile 22-year-old Letcher County murder and robbery case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

nikki lawless

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2007
I think that Benny Hodge is getting the shaft for something he did not do! I have researched this case and I believe with all my heart that this man is not guilty of these crimes and should be let go to be with his family!!!!!!!!!!
Sue Hodge

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2007
I was married to Benny Hodge and spend many years with him. I believe what he says. He is not a lier and the Ky courts should listen to him. I sat through a trial and could not believe they found him guilty. If anyone with any common sense would hear the facts the state put on they would soon see they were not possible. how could you hear a gun shot a mile away as his son testified and the states att. said the pillow that was brought in to court was used to muffle the sounds. now you tell me. can you hear a gun shot a mile away? can you hear one from inside a house a mile and a half away? can you hear a shot from inside a house with a pillow to muffle the sound a mile and a half away?????????? you tell us????????? some one needs to explain all this instead of all the legal mumbo jumbo.!!!!!!!!! He is not my husband any longer but I still believe him and love him. I will never believe he is guilty of these crimes.
get a life

Malone, KY

#3 Oct 22, 2008
how many people do you want him to kill, even if he get out of this he is still setting on death row for killing someone else.

Since: Dec 09

Blacksburg, VA

#4 Dec 8, 2009
did u guys know tammy acker?? she was a good friend of my moms and she gave me my name before she was brutally killed by hodge, epperson and bartley.. he needs to die and die really soon hes lived long enough.. tammy didnt get a trial or anything else just death... like doc acker said his needles were rubber they wouldn't hurt.. this bastards needle needs to hurt like tammys stab wounds and i guess florida would be nice right now...lol
not from KY

Pinedale, WY

#5 Jan 26, 2010
Too bad he hooked up with that slut/criminal, Sherry. I think he might have turned out to be a law-abiding man if it hadn't been for her. I don't know if he killed Tammy or not. He got involved with Epperson and Bartley of his own free will. He knew after the Morrises were killed that this would not turn out well. He knew then what Epperson and Bartley were capable of. Even if he wasn't the actual person who stabbed that girl to death he is just as guilty as if he had. What a little band of cowards they were to do that to an old man who'd just lost his wife. So did Sherry ever get to spend any of the loot? Or is she still pretending she's broke?
Lmao

Social Circle, GA

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Sue u have to be either stupid or down right uneducated to think Benny is innocent. How did he get the gun that came from Tammy's house..the briefcase with his finger prints that was left in house? Poor Benny someone set him up..Lmao..also Barkley told of all..what about Florida who Still has a hold on him and Roger for a murder they committed there?u don't know shit..death can't come quick enough for him Lmao
Truth

Oshawa, Canada

#7 Jun 24, 2013
Lmao wrote:
Sue u have to be either stupid or down right uneducated to think Benny is innocent. How did he get the gun that came from Tammy's house..the briefcase with his finger prints that was left in house? Poor Benny someone set him up..Lmao..also Barkley told of all..what about Florida who Still has a hold on him and Roger for a murder they committed there?u don't know shit..death can't come quick enough for him Lmao
it was Bartley finger print
garyz

Federal Way, WA

#8 Oct 31, 2013
Sue--ask yourself a question or two...did Benny Hodge know Roger Epperson? Was he arrested at the Florida condo in which he, Bartley and Epperson had been living in? Was he arrested inside a van that was purchased with money stolen from the Doctor who was there and identified Hodge as one of the thieves/murderers?

Were you taught to add when in elementary school?

Benny doesn't lie? Benny cheated on every woman he has ever been with! Benny kills innocent people! Benny is a burglar! Benny blatantly lied when he called himself an FBI agent to gain entry to then...kill people! Benny doesn't lie? Sue, get some help....
another con

Georgetown, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2013
garyz wrote:
Sue--ask yourself a question or two...did Benny Hodge know Roger Epperson? Was he arrested at the Florida condo in which he, Bartley and Epperson had been living in? Was he arrested inside a van that was purchased with money stolen from the Doctor who was there and identified Hodge as one of the thieves/murderers?
Were you taught to add when in elementary school?
Benny doesn't lie? Benny cheated on every woman he has ever been with! Benny kills innocent people! Benny is a burglar! Benny blatantly lied when he called himself an FBI agent to gain entry to then...kill people! Benny doesn't lie? Sue, get some help....
he conned this stupid woman too
Whoops84

Saint Paris, OH

#10 Oct 26, 2016
Sue Hodge wrote:
I was married to Benny Hodge and spend many years with him. I believe what he says. He is not a lier and the Ky courts should listen to him. I sat through a trial and could not believe they found him guilty. If anyone with any common sense would hear the facts the state put on they would soon see they were not possible. how could you hear a gun shot a mile away as his son testified and the states att. said the pillow that was brought in to court was used to muffle the sounds. now you tell me. can you hear a gun shot a mile away? can you hear one from inside a house a mile and a half away? can you hear a shot from inside a house with a pillow to muffle the sound a mile and a half away?????????? you tell us????????? some one needs to explain all this instead of all the legal mumbo jumbo.!!!!!!!!! He is not my husband any longer but I still believe him and love him. I will never believe he is guilty of these crimes.
Is Roger Epperson related to Betty or HARGIS Epperson?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Letcher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min North Mountain 156,562
Judd and Emily 5 hr Friends 3
Big Don R 6 hr Donald 7
McDonalds 8 hr A friendly customer 3
Letcher County Prison Talks 9 hr Butter nutter 15
New bridge at Appex between Thornton and Millstone 12 hr Bambi 41
Save a lot Tue Shopper 6

Letcher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Letcher Mortgages