Good People

Drinking

thumper

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2009
don't forget the good ole leopold picnic

Kansas City, KS

#2 Mar 11, 2009
well i know everybody drink on friday and saturday night then goes for forgivness on sunday mornings
hgchgc

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 15, 2009
inbreeds
crazytalk

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Apr 6, 2009
thats ignorant talk and not true. I am married to someone from Leopold and I am from Marble Hill.
I am not related to him. There are good hard working people in Leopold who would do anything to help someone else. They go to church and support their families. When tragedy happens this community pulls together like no other to help each other through the hard times. They may drink beer but drugs are few in Leopold. The school is the best for education. I would rather my kids go their because u dont have to worry so much about the drugs, or violence plus u have the small class size that helps your child. I have never had to worry about my kids when they go to school there because I know they are safe. These are GOOD moral people who I trust and I am glad they are my family even though I was not raised in Leopold. My family is the best and have always been there to help me.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#5 Jun 9, 2009
its a nice town the people are real people,some of the people may drink but they know how to handle it.
JustMe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Jun 10, 2009
First, it has to be the good people of Leopold, because they are the ones who make up the church, KCs, volleyball team, etc. But Leopold is known for many things, it just depends on who you are talking to.

1) First is the beautiful church and the fact that Leopold is mostly a catholic community and most of the people there attend regularly and have a very healthy respect for God;

2) Next is the volleyteam who consistently wins more games that any other school in the county, wins its districts, often times goes to State;

3) The school district ranks highest in the County, as well as one of the highest in state rankings;

4) KCs contribute a vast amount to many different charities, including holding many benefits for people who have had a tragedy strike, raising thousands of dollars for others;

5) Yes, there is drinking, but if you actually go to a Leopold Picnic, Dance, etc. you will see just as many people drinking there from Marble Hill and other neighboring towns, they aren't just from Leopold. Also, they don't go to church to ask for forgiveness on Sunday morning, they go to worship God because they were taught he is more important than a hangover. You can't say that about many of the others.

And last of all, anyone who calls the people from Leopold 'inbreeds' honestly doesn't know people from Leopold. Maybe he/she should do a little research before repeating old gossip.
inplant

Manchester, KY

#7 Jul 4, 2009
I wasn't from Leopold, actually I'm not even from Missouri but my family and I just bought a house there 2yrs ago and I have to say the ppl there have been nothing short of amazing when it comes to making me feel welcomed. I'm very excited that my daughter will be attending such a wonderful school so close to home.
caddy

Dayton, OH

#8 Jul 9, 2009
I get so tired of hearing that Leopold is nothing but a bunch of drunks. I have lived in Leopold my entire life and have never drank. There is no more beer drinking in this town than any other small, farming community anywhere in the world. It's amazing that the "drunks" of Leopold also represent the most intelligent, hard working, honest, and cleanest people of the entire county -- what does that say about the rest of you slack jawed idiots?
billy

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 24, 2009
leopold i think has the most beautiful ladies in that town!!! Anyone of you need a man come find me!!! But i use to visit there all the time for the ladies!
Linus

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jul 25, 2009
Greetings from St. Louis. I am 81 yrs old. I spent my first 16 yrs. in Leopold. That helped me form a solid base for life. Today is July 25th. and it is the day of the Leopold Picnic, which has been a real happening for probably 150 years. Those of you who haven't experienced the great food and the ex-
cellent service are missing out. Always on the last
Saturday of July. I'm sorry I'm not there today.
Most of the old folks my age are gone. Thanks for the memories. L.J.M.
JustMe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Aug 3, 2009
guest wrote:
well i know everybody drink on friday and saturday night then goes for forgivness on sunday mornings
Apparently you don't know as much as you think you do. EVERYBODY doesn't drink on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm from Leopold and I don't drink - not on Friday or Saturday nights, or any other day of the week. And - as I said earlier - catholics don't go to church on sunday mornings for forgiveness - they go to worship God. If a Catholic wants forgiveness, they go to confessions.

Since: Sep 09

Edgewood, MD

#12 Sep 22, 2009
I may have only been to Leopold a few times but I know for a fact its not all about drunks and church. If I could do it Id move my family there to be next to my father and his family. Its better than most places Ive lived and its alot safer too. AND NO the people are inbred..

just shows your an ass
Bert

United States

#13 Jul 30, 2011
Lisa Philpot wrote:
I may have only been to Leopold a few times but I know for a fact its not all about drunks and church. If I could do it Id move my family there to be next to my father and his family. Its better than most places Ive lived and its alot safer too. AND NO the people are inbred..
just shows your an ass
Who is your father? If it's the one in the bar who SAID he was your father he's one of the worst alcoholic violent sob there
JDJ

United States

#14 Sep 2, 2011
guest wrote:
I want to say growing up as a child in Marble Hill I had your opinion. I thought they were all a bunch of drunks who married there cousins. Now I know how immature and completely wrong I was. I had many misconceptions concerning the Catholic religion.(you do understand the word misconception?) I teased and joked about my bestfriends home & beliefs growing up on Marble Hill. I should have been ashamed of myself he never teased me about being baptist. Ha ha
I am now a college graduate with a masters degree, married to my cousin's uncle and a Catholic. I have never been happier in my whole life. God has blessed me more than I could ever deserve with an awesome family and a man that I know will never cheat on me or leave. We go to confession any time we feel we have offended our God by our actions, and ask Father to pray for us and up ask God to for give us because I need all the help I can get.(remember I said I was raised baptist. We used to hide our beer so know one would see us with it) do I drink beer? Yes I do, if I don't let it control me there is nothing wrong with a couple of beers.( do you smoke, overeat or chew? A couple of beers do nothing more to my body that overseeing or smoking) am I related to my husband? No, his sister married my cousin but we are not related.
One more thing..... I will pray for you tonight when I go to bed, that God may open your eyes to what good people really are.... He sure did mine!
Thank you Leopold!!!! You saved my life!!!
wildcat71

United States

#15 Oct 29, 2011
hgchgc wrote:
inbreeds
And who might that be?
Peppers

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jan 3, 2012
crazytalk wrote:
thats ignorant talk and not true. I am married to someone from Leopold and I am from Marble Hill.
I am not related to him. There are good hard working people in Leopold who would do anything to help someone else. They go to church and support their families. When tragedy happens this community pulls together like no other to help each other through the hard times. They may drink beer but drugs are few in Leopold. The school is the best for education. I would rather my kids go their because u dont have to worry so much about the drugs, or violence plus u have the small class size that helps your child. I have never had to worry about my kids when they go to school there because I know they are safe. These are GOOD moral people who I trust and I am glad they are my family even though I was not raised in Leopold. My family is the best and have always been there to help me.
I second this....I have friends from there and they are all good people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leopold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bianca Hernandez 5 hr Guest 17
Baptist church on 51 south of MH 6 hr confident it is c... 2
County Broke? 21 hr stinks being lie... 5
Robert Heflin Mon Guest 2
Jason Stratton- dead beat dad and husband Nov 17 offbeat 5
Chris green the low life criminal Nov 16 Worriedmom 3
sugar baby (May '14) Nov 15 devil 37
Leopold Dating
Find my Match

Leopold People Search