Leominster developer bides time for l...

Leominster developer bides time for liquor license - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 35 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 29, 2010, titled Leominster developer bides time for liquor license - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

With plans for a new restaurant and pub in mind, developer James Xarras wants to clinch one of three home-rule liquor licenses the City Council authorized last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unreal

Concord, CA

#21 Oct 30, 2010
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this comment even though it is probably written by Xarras himself. What's wrong with another business in town? So what if it's coming from someone with money? Who cares? Is the hurting anyone? If your place at Laurel Green is unsuitable... then move. If you don't think that a new pub owned by him will be clean... then don't go.If a home built by him is built poorly, then don't buy it, buy one from Jim Whitney or Peter Bovenzi... who cares? Stop complaining and get a life.
unfortunately it is tough to move when the man running the condo association doesnt properly upkeep the grounds, you CAN"T sell the units, and who is going to buy a unit with board of health violations taped on the doors when you walk in that can not be removed
Stop the Nonsense

Leominster, MA

#22 Oct 30, 2010
I agree 100%. The City needs to make sure that everyone is following the rules.
Me again

Leominster, MA

#23 Oct 30, 2010
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this comment even though it is probably written by Xarras himself. What's wrong with another business in town? So what if it's coming from someone with money? Who cares? Is the hurting anyone? If your place at Laurel Green is unsuitable... then move. If you don't think that a new pub owned by him will be clean... then don't go.If a home built by him is built poorly, then don't buy it, buy one from Jim Whitney or Peter Bovenzi... who cares? Stop complaining and get a life.
I have no problem with another eatery or small business coming in. I fully promote both. However, you say if the apartment is unsuitable...then just move. Well, it's not always that simple, to just pack up and move elsewhere. Yes it sounds easy enough, but when you don't have the extra money to come up with for first, last and a security deposit on a new place because you're paying your rent every month to the place you're trying to get out of. Not too mention the other associated moving costs of switching over utilities and the like, but more importantly, finding someone who is willing to help you move. It's not as easy as you make it sound. Sometimes your stuck. Listen, all I ever wanted AND asked for was a few things fixed in the apartment. Sorry if I think having a working stove/oven is a necessity or wanting some exposed electrical wires properly taken care of because I didn't want myself or my kids to get electricuted. I wish him well in his new venture and I am sure that it will be a success. I admit, I have never been up inside the plaza so I don't know what establishments are there. I have no ill-will against him, heck I'll probably even give the restaurant a try when it does open. Lowell, all I am asking is to just try to have a little empathy and understanding for people. You sound like you have it all together and I'm sure you're doing well for yourself in life, so you don't have the cares, worries or concerns some of us are talking about. But a little understanding goes a long way.
wow

Leominster, MA

#24 Oct 31, 2010
I hear that if you are not dealing with him on a business level hes an OK guy, i cant believe that.
I also lived in those condos for five years and when the mold was discovered to the extent that the board of health gave him days to fix it he instead could not pin who called the BOH and evicted EVERYONE.
Then to boot never properly fixed the mold or any damn other thing ever.
He took almost all 72 units to court saying they owed him money because his trusted office workers where pocketing any rent paid in cash luckily when it came to court time he looked like a major donkeys behind as we had all receipts and he had none, great business manager.
He says these ppl who work in the area need a great place to go have lunch at, true but why do they need to drink alcohol? Wont they be going BACK to work? he is such a moron.
wow

Leominster, MA

#25 Oct 31, 2010
really the censored m o r o n ????
Me again

Leominster, MA

#26 Oct 31, 2010
wow wrote:
I hear that if you are not dealing with him on a business level hes an OK guy, i cant believe that.
I also lived in those condos for five years and when the mold was discovered to the extent that the board of health gave him days to fix it he instead could not pin who called the BOH and evicted EVERYONE.
Then to boot never properly fixed the mold or any damn other thing ever.
He took almost all 72 units to court saying they owed him money because his trusted office workers where pocketing any rent paid in cash luckily when it came to court time he looked like a major donkeys behind as we had all receipts and he had none, great business manager.
He says these ppl who work in the area need a great place to go have lunch at, true but why do they need to drink alcohol? Wont they be going BACK to work? he is such a ****.
Haaah...you don't say. If I had a nickle for everytime I wrote out a check AND IT WAS NEVER CASHED, or was cashed a month late, I could've owned that place. If you only knew how many times my checking account got messed up because of that office and it's bookeeping. I don't know if anyone was pocketing the money or not - looking back it wouldn't surprise me. I chalked it up to it getting lost somewhere...the office always looked like a complete tornado when I'd go drop off my check in Sterling. It amazed me that anything even got accomplished in such a disorganized enviroment.
wow

Leominster, MA

#27 Nov 1, 2010
Well we paid in cash every time for five years and i always got a receipt,once i had to have his buddy Quinton write one on a piece of scrap paper from my pocket book and they all held up in court.
Someone in that office was definitely pocketing money for them to have no record ever for five years of payment?
I think they counted on ppl not having receipts when he went to court i mean who keeps them that long? ME lol.
Hes the biggest slumlord i have ever seen.
And for people singing his praise about turning the building into an athletic venue? Yeah ok when it was a mess with plastic figures , broken pallets and 2 by 4s strewn everywhere, he threw a couple of nets in their and wanted the parents to all pay 5 bucks each a practice, hey we didn't ask to practice in that rat hole.
I refused to give him a penny, i would rather donate 5 bucks a week to a charity than pay him and thats what i did.
Unreal

Concord, CA

#28 Nov 1, 2010
What happened was the secretary that was there in the early 2000's got so far behind she lost track... and by the time she realized how far behind some people were she just turned the other way... I heard some people lived rent free for 5 years in some of the units...
Conned

Florence, AL

#29 Mar 9, 2011
I owned a condo there. bought in early because the other buildings were 'being renovated' and soon all units would be owned, what a sham that was. Then I had an issue and multiple times I took the issue to the Association and the 'management team' only to be totally ignored, no response what so ever. I eventually went to the city and was basically told 'good luck dealing with those people.' Our condo fees increased but when you look around the property it is a dump. Snow removal didnt happen for days not to mention the mold problem. This was my first foray into buying a new home. Next time I will definitely make sure to do my homework so not to get scammed again. I feel sick everytime I think about that place.
FU XARRAS

Lynn, MA

#30 Jul 20, 2011
This guy is total scum bag, does everything illegally and gets away with it because he pays town officials off...the so called condo associations he has for many places he owns is a scam, he takes all the money and puts it up his nose..ever see how high he is!

Someday he will get his...the people he hires are excons so he pays them minimum wage and none of them are licensed to do any repairs if they ever do any...

Lock up this piece of trash and let him rot!
mass

Haverhill, MA

#31 Feb 16, 2012
he is a slum lord who leaves tenats with no heat he does....durring the middle of the winter...karma...every dog has his day...one day it will happen to him!!
Frankie

Sandown, NH

#32 Mar 7, 2012
Can anybody comment on the Townhouses that this guy owns in Haverhill, MA? They look pretty run down and they don't do annual contracts it is a month to month deal? Has anybody had a bad experience with those townhouses? I would like to know before I decide to send in my app.
thank you.
david marsh

Overland Park, KS

#34 Nov 16, 2013
I subbed contracted from Jim and his dad Leo back in the 80s. Boy do I wish those days where back! I never had a problem with them. they where a class act that always paid unlike a few others back then.. It was a pleasure doing business with them. Great people.
Lynch

Concord, MA

#35 Nov 16, 2013
david marsh wrote:
I subbed contracted from Jim and his dad Leo back in the 80s. Boy do I wish those days where back! I never had a problem with them. they where a class act that always paid unlike a few others back then.. It was a pleasure doing business with them. Great people.
who cares what oui have yo to say
Jtn

Concord, MA

#36 Nov 18, 2013
Wat is that Guinney lisscotti,s involvement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turtleboy Sports Meeting 4 hr Helpful Hint 2
News Domino's Pizza will open on Fitchurg's Water St... 5 hr Voter in 5 8
Colorado Crapper Caper 16 hr Who Does This And... 4
Tony Clune Thu Andy 4
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Sep 21 Voter in 5 478
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) Sep 20 Jomminy Crickets 83
Another Monday Has Come And Gone Sep 18 Greg Marmalard 41

Leominster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance