Editorial - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

If the Massachusetts criminal justice system had done its job, Lauren Bowen would be alive today.
Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lkg4244

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

AngelBoy wrote:
People do not know the whole story to this on what happened. All I know is that the mother from 2007 was happy enough to take $500.00 dollars from Ha Yang without questions asked. She says that the system failed but she failed as a mother because she loved the money that came to her. As for Lauren Bowen, if she was such a good person then, why did one of her child not live with her? Why was she not at home? Besides was she a crack head cause in the paper it said she was on "drugs". No One knows the truth about this story except for Ha and Lauren. May they both rest in peace with my savior. Amen!!People need to keep comments to themselves and stop talking about all this nonsense.
Are you kidding? What Savior does not condemn killing? Oh, never mind, I know. He will not rest in peace according to my Savior. He tried to lure my sister in Westminster the day he shot himself. Thank God she reported him so he couldn't harm any other girls. How would you like it if he got a hold of a girl close to you or your family? Be real, "Angel Boy". Any person that kills another will not rest in peace. Why should he? Please stop badgering other people's parenting. We are so sorry for Lauren's friends and family.
lkg4244

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Friend of the Family wrote:
Stacey, it doesn't matter how "well" you knew this lunatic. Anyone that could take another person's life is not in ANY way a "GOOD" person. Maybe if you were such a good friend of his you should have convinced the system to keep him locked up or in a mental institution so he could get the help he needed and be kept away from the rest of the world. Then Lauren would still be ALIVE and the girl he stalked back in 2007 wouldn't have had to be afraid for her life and worry about the day he got out! What your friend did has now brought an IMMENSE amount of sorrow to many truely wonderful people who never deserved to have to go through this! LAUREN was a good person! Yang was a murderer who took away 2 young childrens' MOTHER!
Thankfully he was stopped. He would have taken away more mothers. As a matter of fact, he attempted to take away the life of a wonderful mom the day he shot himself. Thankfully, she reported him. A "good" friend of his would have stayed on top of him to ensure he was unable to harm another. The world does not need creepy people (creople) posing as good people, does it?
lkg4244

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Stacey wrote:
Thanks for the comments. May Ha and Lauren both rest in peace together. They are both in hell, where they belong...away from us all. Funny...how people only say the good things about a person, once they are gone...I'm sure Lauren wasn't an angel either. She was a drug user. It's hard to get an addict off drugs...they lose everything. They don't respect themselves. They don't care about anyone or anybody. If she was a good person...why was she with Ha??? He didn't force her to do anything that she didn't want to. Could it be that she needed money for her bad habits? Ha Yang was loaded with money and a gun. Maybe she tried stealing his money? No one knows the truth...so talk all you want. But like I said Lauren was no ANGEL.
How do you know? Were you there? It sounds like you were. How do you know he didn't drug her? Maybe she trusted him. Maybe she was trying to help him. Hiding out in some one's basement? That's just sick. Even if it is the worse case scenario you so matter-of-factly "know", it does not warrant death by any means. By the way, he tried to lure a GREAT mother, sister, wife, friend, to his motel room the day he shot himself. What's your excuse, now? She was only walking on a road when he approached her. They had no previous contact. She had never seen him before. In my eyes, Lauren was a great person who had a run in with the wrong person which does not make her in the wrong here. Thank God he can't do any more harm. How do you know he didn't try to lure Lauren the way he tried to lure the mother who reported him? Open up you eyes. Use your brain. Don't judge.
Liam bowen

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

lkg4244 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Were you there? It sounds like you were. How do you know he didn't drug her? Maybe she trusted him. Maybe she was trying to help him. Hiding out in some one's basement? That's just sick. Even if it is the worse case scenario you so matter-of-factly "know", it does not warrant death by any means. By the way, he tried to lure a GREAT mother, sister, wife, friend, to his motel room the day he shot himself. What's your excuse, now? She was only walking on a road when he approached her. They had no previous contact. She had never seen him before. In my eyes, Lauren was a great person who had a run in with the wrong person which does not make her in the wrong here. Thank God he can't do any more harm. How do you know he didn't try to lure Lauren the way he tried to lure the mother who reported him? Open up you eyes. Use your brain. Don't judge.
Thank you Thank you Thank you! Lauren was my big sister and my best friend. You are all 100% correct she was a drug addict. She fought addiction her entire life and the past few years she had started to win. Sadly her addiction over whelmed her again and about a week before she was murdered she used again.
So the first thing I will say is that the reason her oldest son didn't live with her is because Lauren suffered from severe postpartum depression and when he was 6 months I convinced Lauren to give my parents custody and check herself into the hospital. SHE JUST DID WHAT WAS BEST FOR HER SON!
Second I want to say that my sister had a very specific type of man she liked. Tall skinny white guys! She wouldn't have touched ANY asian let alone Ha Yang with a ten foot pole, but she was also a little gullible so I m 1000% certain Ha Yang lured her into a trap. He took time and planned and prepared, when everything was ready (the gun, ropes, sheets etc) sadly my sister was in the wrong place at the wrong time but make no mistake if she hadn't been there he wouldn't have stopped he would have found some other innocent woman and done the same thing. So to all of Ha's friends stop defending him, stop bad mouthing my sister to make yourselves feel better, she was no angel but NO ONE deserves what he did to her!
Lastly to the woman who called the cops on him please if you see this email me! I would love love love to meet you! Liam51382@gmail

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leominster Discussions

Search the Leominster Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
boycotting new market basket prices 59 min Jtn 24
Arrest Log: 12/15/2010 (Dec '10) 4 hr Will 17
Market Basket ready to hire 16 hr Sonny 17
0142 corruption in the courts and P.D. 17 hr Bob 9
Nashua River victim a 'loving, caring man' 23 hr Pajama People 4
a holes Tue Senior-Bush 14
Jtn please get off topix Tue BillyBob is BACK 7
•••
•••