Editorial - Sentinel & Enterprise

If the Massachusetts criminal justice system had done its job, Lauren Bowen would be alive today. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mother from 2007

South Lancaster, MA

#1 Aug 9, 2009
I am so angry that no one did anything to stop this young man. I know he wanted to kill my daughter that night in my basement. He couldnt get into my home it was all locked up tight. And we have dogs, I have always believed he wanted to kill himself. I also believed that he would have taken my daughter too. But could not get to her. The system did fail completely with Ha Yang. I knew he would hurt my daughter even kill her. When they let him out he could not find her I thank God every day.
My heart is full of saddness for those that lost in all of this. My prayers are with them.
Angry mother
Stacey

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 11, 2009
People can say what they want. But no one really knew Ha Yang, like I did. He was a good guy. So to the mother (the girl that he stalked in 07) that $500 that he gave you sure came in handy, didn't it? I'm sure it did.
darwin

Leominster, MA

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Stacey wrote:
People can say what they want. But no one really knew Ha Yang, like I did. He was a good guy. So to the mother (the girl that he stalked in 07) that $500 that he gave you sure came in handy, didn't it? I'm sure it did.
except for that whole bullet in a womens head thing.... he was a role model
Friend of the Family

Hampton Bays, NY

#4 Aug 11, 2009
Stacey, it doesn't matter how "well" you knew this lunatic. Anyone that could take another person's life is not in ANY way a "GOOD" person. Maybe if you were such a good friend of his you should have convinced the system to keep him locked up or in a mental institution so he could get the help he needed and be kept away from the rest of the world. Then Lauren would still be ALIVE and the girl he stalked back in 2007 wouldn't have had to be afraid for her life and worry about the day he got out! What your friend did has now brought an IMMENSE amount of sorrow to many truely wonderful people who never deserved to have to go through this! LAUREN was a good person! Yang was a murderer who took away 2 young childrens' MOTHER!
AngelBoy

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 13, 2009
People do not know the whole story to this on what happened. All I know is that the mother from 2007 was happy enough to take $500.00 dollars from Ha Yang without questions asked. She says that the system failed but she failed as a mother because she loved the money that came to her. As for Lauren Bowen, if she was such a good person then, why did one of her child not live with her? Why was she not at home? Besides was she a crack head cause in the paper it said she was on "drugs". No One knows the truth about this story except for Ha and Lauren. May they both rest in peace with my savior. Amen!!People need to keep comments to themselves and stop talking about all this nonsense.
Darwin

South Lancaster, MA

#6 Aug 13, 2009
Ha yang resides down south in the fires of h e l l
Stacey

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 14, 2009
Thanks for the comments. May Ha and Lauren both rest in peace together. They are both in hell, where they belong...away from us all. Funny...how people only say the good things about a person, once they are gone...I'm sure Lauren wasn't an angel either. She was a drug user. It's hard to get an addict off drugs...they lose everything. They don't respect themselves. They don't care about anyone or anybody. If she was a good person...why was she with Ha??? He didn't force her to do anything that she didn't want to. Could it be that she needed money for her bad habits? Ha Yang was loaded with money and a gun. Maybe she tried stealing his money? No one knows the truth...so talk all you want. But like I said Lauren was no ANGEL.

Since: Apr 08

Leominster, MA

#8 Aug 14, 2009
Stacey wrote:
So because he (supposedly) gave them $500 you think it was OK for him to stalk her, threaten them, and kill another? Even if he did give any of them money and perhaps was "stalking" them to get it back, there are much more appropriate courses of action to get it back. If you really think it is fine to take another human beings life over money, then you are absolutely insane, and need to be institutionalized too.
Not fooled in Leominster

Bolton, MA

#9 Aug 16, 2009
Let's see...murderer and good guy don't go in the same sentence! This guy was not only suicidal but homicidal!
Time for elected judges...simple solution! It works everywhere else that does it. All a judge is...is a kiss ass to politicians.
Stacey

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 17, 2009
Ummm...wondered how many times did that girl that he umm...stalked go out with him on dates???

She must have done more than the usual for Ha to hand over money like that...but they took his hard earning money...or should I say blood money.
Saddened

Rocky Point, NY

#11 Aug 20, 2009
I honestly can't believe the coldness the fills some of your hearts. No one deserves to be murdered, no one deserves to fear for their life. A person wouldn't have to be stalked if they made themselves accessible. Obviously one woman felt being accessible to Ha was not something she wanted, something she felt was dangerous for her. Would you do any less for yourself? She has that right, and he had no right legally or morally to stalk and harass her the way he did. Take her to court for the $500. It's a simple American right.

Being a drug addict does not make you a bad person, a drug addict loves, feels pain (which is most times why they take the drug), and as I understand it the woman he murdered was living a life of recovery.

The man shot her in the back of the head, her back was to him! A coward who couldn't face the light leaving someones eyes. May God rest her soul, may her parents take some comfort in the fact that this man has met his maker. He will not go to jail only to be let out again, he will not be institutionalized only to be let out. He is gone forever, of his own choice, by his own hand. Why did he kill himself? He knew he committed a mortal sin and couldn't live with himself or the knowledge that he would do it again and again.
Saddened

Rocky Point, NY

#12 Aug 20, 2009
Stacey wrote:
Where is your compassion for the woman who was stalked and feared for her safety? She is lucky to be alive today! Or how about the woman that he did murder? This is a time to mourn the loss of a life, and celebrate the relief that his stalking victim will feel. I believe that if $500 was owed to Ha, that he tourmented his stalking victim $500 worth, don't you? What do you suppose a court would award for emotion stress?

I'm sorry that you lost a friend. At one time he might have been a good guy, but he snapped and became a sociopath capable of murder. He is not a good person, he didn't kill because he feared his life was in danger from her, he killed her because he wanted to. He was going to be a big problem, and this his beginning. He knew that and took his own life.

Since: Jun 09

Fitchburg

#13 Aug 20, 2009
Stacey wrote:
She was a drug user....Maybe she tried stealing his money?
So that is an excuse for him to KILL HER?

I really hope you are just saying these things to get a rise because that just makes you a loser troll.

If you actually believe these things and think that a killer is not so bad simply because his victim was "no angel" you need some serious mental help. I hope you get it before you get your hands on a gun.
Disgusted

New York, NY

#14 Aug 20, 2009
Stacey - you're obviously an idiot. While you may have been naive enough to be fooled by a murderer into think he was a "good guy," you should have snapped to reality upon finding out that he murdered a woman, a mother, a friend, a daughter - by cowardly shooting her execution-style in the back of her head... I went to school with Lauren and I can't think of a bad thing to say about her. She was a sweet and open girl who deserved none of what came to her. Whether she had past addiction issues (which she was in recovery from, by the way) is no reason for her to be gunned down, leaving her children without a mother. Your friend was a vile waste of life, Stacey. And the only blessing in this situation is that THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT GARBAGE LIKE HIM, period. May Lauren rest in peace, as I know she will, and may Ha Yang suffer in Hell for eternity...
Heartbroken In Mass

AOL

#15 Aug 21, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
Stacey - you're obviously an idiot. While you may have been naive enough to be fooled by a murderer into think he was a "good guy," you should have snapped to reality upon finding out that he murdered a woman, a mother, a friend, a daughter - by cowardly shooting her execution-style in the back of her head... I went to school with Lauren and I can't think of a bad thing to say about her. She was a sweet and open girl who deserved none of what came to her. Whether she had past addiction issues (which she was in recovery from, by the way) is no reason for her to be gunned down, leaving her children without a mother. Your friend was a vile waste of life, Stacey. And the only blessing in this situation is that THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT GARBAGE LIKE HIM, period. May Lauren rest in peace, as I know she will, and may Ha Yang suffer in Hell for eternity...
Ha Yang was a filthy heartless animal.....A DIRTY COWARD
He will rot in hell forever.....People like Stacey
will join him for the things she said about Lauren
Full of Life

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Aug 24, 2009
Will everyone Stop talking about all of this nonsense..they both are in Heaven now and celebrating a new life together forever where they belong. I am pretty sure that they both loved eachother very much and that is the reason why he took Lauren's life and took his very own so that they could be together. You don't have to kill someone to be a bad person, there are alot of people out there who don't kill and are really bad people already..Lauren was full of life and a recovering addict from what people say, but she relaspe or something..who knows?? As for Ha, I am pretty sure that he was a good loving person/guy who was very smart and felt that no one could LOVE Lauren the way that he did so he had to do what he had to do...who knows the truth to this story..RIP both of you guys..We all love you very much..people will never know how it is unless it's your own blood/kind...

Since: Jun 09

Fitchburg

#17 Aug 24, 2009
Full of Life wrote:
I am pretty sure that they both loved eachother very much and that is the reason why he took Lauren's life and took his very own so that they could be together...As for Ha, I am pretty sure that he was a good loving person/guy who was very smart and felt that no one could LOVE Lauren the way that he did so he had to do what he had to do...
Who taught you that someone who takes someone's life is loving and smart?! You need some serious help.

"Do what he had to do"??? The only time that statement makes any sense is if someone kills another in self defense.

Newsflash - two dead people cannot be together. Anyone who believes they must kill and die in order to "be" with someone is very disturbed.
The truth

AOL

#18 Aug 24, 2009
Full of Life wrote:
Will everyone Stop talking about all of this nonsense..they both are in Heaven now and celebrating a new life together forever where they belong. I am pretty sure that they both loved eachother very much and that is the reason why he took Lauren's life and took his very own so that they could be together. You don't have to kill someone to be a bad person, there are alot of people out there who don't kill and are really bad people already..Lauren was full of life and a recovering addict from what people say, but she relaspe or something..who knows?? As for Ha, I am pretty sure that he was a good loving person/guy who was very smart and felt that no one could LOVE Lauren the way that he did so he had to do what he had to do...who knows the truth to this story..RIP both of you guys..We all love you very much..people will never know how it is unless it's your own blood/kind...
You have no idea whatsoever ......Ha Yang was a CONVICTED STALKER, a MENTALLY ILL KILLER
He lured Lauren into his apartment, Tied up her hands and feet with rope & duct tape, Then shot her in the back of the head. After leaving her body there, he went out to KILL ANOTHER WOMAN.
Luckily she escaped, called the police, and the police cornered the MENTALLY ILL KILLER at the motel. Being the COWARD Ha Yang was he shot himself after a 3 hour standoff. Ha Yang is roasting in hell FOREVER, Lauren is with her Lord.
You need to get help yourself, just like Ha Yang should have. A young American mother of 2 boys is gone, because the COWARD MURDERER HA YANG didnt get the help he so very badly needed. I have the feeling only a relative of his could come up with the story you did. Learn to tell the truth.
Full of Life

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Aug 24, 2009
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea whatsoever ......Ha Yang was a CONVICTED STALKER, a MENTALLY ILL KILLER
He lured Lauren into his apartment, Tied up her hands and feet with rope & duct tape, Then shot her in the back of the head. After leaving her body there, he went out to KILL ANOTHER WOMAN.
Luckily she escaped, called the police, and the police cornered the MENTALLY ILL KILLER at the motel. Being the COWARD Ha Yang was he shot himself after a 3 hour standoff. Ha Yang is roasting in hell FOREVER, Lauren is with her Lord.
You need to get help yourself, just like Ha Yang should have. A young American mother of 2 boys is gone, because the COWARD MURDERER HA YANG didnt get the help he so very badly needed. I have the feeling only a relative of his could come up with the story you did. Learn to tell the truth.
How would you know she was tied up and all..were you there? I guess so since you know the whole story to this..hmm maybe the police should question you since you REALLY know what happened to Lauren???..I didn't know that Ha tried to killed another woman..WOW!!! You must of been there when she escaped..did you help her escaped? You think you know everything but you don't..only Lauren and Ha know the TRUTH and no one will ever..
The truth

AOL

#20 Aug 24, 2009
Full of Life wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know she was tied up and all..were you there? I guess so since you know the whole story to this..hmm maybe the police should question you since you REALLY know what happened to Lauren???..I didn't know that Ha tried to killed another woman..WOW!!! You must of been there when she escaped..did you help her escaped? You think you know everything but you don't..only Lauren and Ha know the TRUTH and no one will ever..
Why dont you read the newspaper you clueless fool.
The details were written in this newspaper. Are you THAT stupid or just that sick??? You have no business commenting on anything. You owe everyone on this board, and the Bowen family an apology for saying such STUPID,CLUELESS things. And learn how to use the English language too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 1 hr Mark Comeau 147
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 4 hr Saggitarious 83
Where is Kevin Lynch? 4 hr Saggitarious 35
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) 19 hr Tammy 17
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 20 hr BillyBob 38
Lancaster gets Big Belly trash compactor - Sent... (Jul '10) Fri Calvin James 3
Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) Dec 19 pedro 15

Leominster News Video

Leominster Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Leominster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE