Election will give Fitchburg council, school board a new look

Jul 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Although it appears Mayor Lisa Wong will run unopposed, some City Council contests are shaping up to grab the most attention from voters during the municipal election season this fall.

Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I am running for a City Councilor at Large seat in Fitchburg because I feel that we need new energy.We need to face the issues truthfully and without bias or nothing will change in Fitchburg.
I encourage all to get out and vote.We need someone to ask the tough questions and not just a follower.We need spirited debates on the issues as we face many!

Things are not getting done and they are not even receiving the needed attention as many are serious issues.
It is all up to the voters.Either you want the same old same old or you want change.

If I had known that Mr. Carbone was not running in Ward 5 this time around I would of thought more into running in this Ward as there are MANY unresolved issues in this ward.

But at the at-large position I feel that there are many more issues that need to be addressed which include Ward 5 issues.

It appears that there was an inside discussion concerning these positions which is unfortunate that the public wasn't privy to.

As City councilor-at-large I can guarantee you that I will not be quiet.If you want a strong voice as a city councilor then you will have one if you vote for me.

It is a FACT that public safety has not been adequately discussed nor has any other citizen issues.

Fitchburg belongs to EVERY citizen of Fitchburg and not just a few.I feel that business decisions have been decided under this premise. Business is failing in Fitchburg as these councilors and the Mayor have just not given their time and energy into assisting them.But they spend plenty of time raising every fee and tax that makes it tough for a business to run.

Let me clarify my statements before people get into generalizing my comments. Marcus DiNatale I feel has been a very active and energetic City councilor for the citizens of Fitchburg. Rosemary Reynolds has been a voice for the people in Fitchburg and has served the citizens well. Stephen Hay has also been a professional stand up guy who has articulated the issues well.

Marcus Dinatale is a needed asset to this City council as he has shown that he will question the feasibility of all fiscal issues facing the city. If only we had his voice and energy many years ago. But we cannot cry over spilled milk as we must run and operate the city in todays world.

Rosemary Reynolds I feel was not respected as much as she should have been. She has been the common voice of the citizens of Fitchburg. She may not be able to articulate the issues as Mr. Hay is able to do but she stands for the common people of Fitchburg which is a higher achievement that we all should applaud.

Jody Joseph is another great voice for the people of Fitchburg. This man spends a lot of energy and care into all the issues facing Fitchburg.He is a true voice of the people. I wish he had made the decision to run for Mayor but that is a career decision as well as a voice of the people. I do not know his particular personal career path but I can state that he would make a great Mayor for Fitchburg
As for all the others, there are good attributes that they bring to the table. But the fact that the PEOPLES needs are not being addressed is concerning. I feel that in order for Fitchburg to become a safer place and a place where a community can grow without favoritisms then we need a change of the regime.

I am unbiased in all my decisions;I wouldn't rule on anything through a narrow view nor a favoritism view. I am a great listener and an awesome problem solver.

I speak of issues that the rest shun from as not to go against the grain.There is only one way for the grain to go in my mind and that is in the direction and the representation that promotes the interests of the Fitchburg people.

Vote for me and you will see change take place. I have an open mind and a very good realization of all the issues that face Fitchburg.I will NEVER rubber stamp anything.If I have a concern that I feel that needs to be raised in representation of the citizens of Fitchburg I will raise it.
Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I wish all candidates the best. I look forward to debates. I am going to make these debates about the PEOPLES interests.

It has been long overdue. It is time to have a spirited debate on the issues that face Fitchburg.

I am further bothered by the back door politics as if we hadn't had enough of that in Fitchburg.

Everything has been kept mum until two days before people can make a decision to run for office.

I encourage all interested parties to pull papers on Monday morning.

I am very interested in the Ward 5 talks. This is the first that I heard that Mr. Bisol is running in Ward 5 and the first of hearing of Mr. Carbones' decision to vacate that seat.

I live in Ward 5 and I attend ward 5 meetings. We need to have more openness in our local government. This announcement being made on Friday is just another smoke cloud for the residents to be blinded by. It is unfortunate.

Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I am further bothered by the Mayors statement, "It is one thing to be mayor and try to give people what they want all the time and another thing to be a manager and make the tough decisions"

Why didn't any other person put in for Mayor of Fitchburg?

Let me tell the people of Fitchburg; you will never get this Malachi from me!

The reverse phycology utilized here is amazing but it is totally unconvincing!

Telling all the citizens that she cannot "give people what they want all the time'?

The people of FITCHBURG got a big goose EGG! Oh I am sorry Mayor they did get MORE TAXES, HIGHER RATES AND FEES and less services.

S, yes the citizens got a lot it is just NOTHING that they wanted!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Lynch for City Council wrote:
I am running for a City Councilor at Large seat in Fitchburg because I feel that we need new energy.We need to face the issues truthfully and without bias or nothing will change in Fitchburg.
I encourage all to get out and vote.We need someone to ask the tough questions and not just a follower.We need spirited debates on the issues as we face many!
Things are not getting done and they are not even receiving the needed attention as many are serious issues.
It is all up to the voters.Either you want the same old same old or you want change.
If I had known that Mr. Carbone was not running in Ward 5 this time around I would of thought more into running in this Ward as there are MANY unresolved issues in this ward.
But at the at-large position I feel that there are many more issues that need to be addressed which include Ward 5 issues.
It appears that there was an inside discussion concerning these positions which is unfortunate that the public wasn't privy to.
As City councilor-at-large I can guarantee you that I will not be quiet.If you want a strong voice as a city councilor then you will have one if you vote for me.
Vote for me and you will see change take place. I have an open mind and a very good realization of all the issues that face Fitchburg.I will NEVER rubber stamp anything.If I have a concern that I feel that needs to be raised in representation of the citizens of Fitchburg I will raise it.
Interesting Lynch!

"Kevin Lynch, who ran for mayor in 2011 but failed to garner enough votes to make it past the preliminary election, also took out papers but as of Friday had not filed them."

"Candidates have until Tuesday to submit their papers and signatures."

Lynch, I have several simple yes or no questions to ask concerning your bid for this political position;

1. How can you afford to run this campaign in conjunction with your lawsuits against Officer Bellafonte, Detective Ledoux, Sgt Siomos, Sgt Mcnamarra, Sgt Sevigny, PJ Roy, Chief Roy and all the other's you said you decided to pursue in law suits?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/...

2. What Malachi or "back door politics" do you speak of?? You claimed in January of this year of a possible run for ward 5 because you felt there are MANY unsolved and unaddressed issues in your ward. Have you met your goal of registering 500 new voters by June (last month) and did you send out ligature and go out and about all over Fitchburg addressing voter issues as you promised?

3. Did you or did you not pick up nomination papers on January 30, put signs on your front lawn, and meet with voters every Thursday after to discuss issues and answer questions as you promised?

4. You promised not to be campaigning on these forums after your last failed attempt at running claiming you were isolated and forced to do so by "the good old boy network", was this a lie?
Peaches

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

woof woof you r stalking me LAMO!!!!!!!!!!

Call the FBI!!!!! I know who u r LAMO!!!!!!!!!!

U R a firemen or cop or city councilor LAMO!!!!!!!!!!

woof woof

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Even for an old codger like me reading this tripe over and over is getting old.
Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting Lynch!
"Kevin Lynch, who ran for mayor in 2011 but failed to garner enough votes to make it past the preliminary election, also took out papers but as of Friday had not filed them."
"Candidates have until Tuesday to submit their papers and signatures."
Lynch, I have several simple yes or no questions to ask concerning your bid for this political position;
1. How can you afford to run this campaign in conjunction with your lawsuits against Officer Bellafonte, Detective Ledoux, Sgt Siomos, Sgt Mcnamarra, Sgt Sevigny, PJ Roy, Chief Roy and all the other's you said you decided to pursue in law suits?
2. What Malachi or "back door politics" do you speak of?? You claimed in January of this year of a possible run for ward 5 because you felt there are MANY unsolved and unaddressed issues in your ward. Have you met your goal of registering 500 new voters by June (last month) and did you send out ligature and go out and about all over Fitchburg addressing voter issues as you promised?
3. Did you or did you not pick up nomination papers on January 30, put signs on your front lawn, and meet with voters every Thursday after to discuss issues and answer questions as you promised?
4. You promised not to be campaigning on these forums after your last failed attempt at running claiming you were isolated and forced to do so by "the good old boy network", was this a lie?
1) I have enough money to run a campaign.
2) I talked to voters in ward 5 today and they are BS about not being given a heads up concerning Ward 5. Everything is taken for granted. People are not too happy with whats going on. I talked to business owners and many residents today.
Business are beyond angry about the non attention of the Mayor and city council pertaining to their needs. Many residents feel that there is a network and they are not too happy about One of the main topics was the water and sewer increases and the pot holes everywhere.

I did not run in Ward 5 because I thought Nick Carbone was staying there. I was going to work with him concerning issues in the ward.
3) I talk with residents and business owners all the time. Fitchburg is a mess!
4) I am not campaigning on these boards. I have been out walking Fitchburg and answering questions from many citizens as to what I stand for and so on. People are very mad about current events.

This has been the worst two years in Fitchburg for many citizens. The law abiding citizens don't go outside nor around Fitchburg much because thay cannot afford to.

Stamos, all differences aside, lets be honest this once. Every Fitchburg citizen has realized massive tax and fee increases over the past two years. They have bare boned everything! Fitchburg is a shell! However gets elected needs to reform this entire mess and for once DO SOMETHING FOR THE ELDERLY!!! Seriously! All these promises and then you do not hear a peep from them.
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Don't start kissing the councilors ass now because you want to be a councilor. You stated in your past posts they all need to be removed and they are all corrupt, connected and part of the good ole boy network.
What a bunch of bs! WTF !
Animal house

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Jtn for school committee,lynch for mayor,Pauline for go catcher,Renee frolic commission, bobble head boys school crossing
Animal house

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Oh I forgot joAnne for holiday planner
Tax Payer

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

1) I have enough money to run a campaign. Good you need it, make sure you mention all your past occupations to include your stay at the State run residents like MCI Walpole and MCI Concord

2) I talked to voters in ward 5 today and they are BS about not being given a heads up concerning Ward 5.
Well, well, well pay attention the first lesson in life is no one owes you anything, get your head out of your behind and pay attention to what is going on instead of the same old crap about poor little old you and all the injustices that were suffered because of the stupid things you've done in life.

Business are beyond angry about the non attention of the Mayor and city council pertaining to their needs. Your kidding right, you cannot be that stupid, store 24 is not the only business that needs attention, what CEO of any business in Fitchburg making over a 100k a year have you spoken with, name them, right the only ones you've spoken with are the illegal business shops or the ones making Fitchburg a dump.

Many residents feel that there is a network and they are not too happy about One of the main topics was the water and sewer increases and the pot holes everywhere. Hey dumb, dumb read the local newspapers and you'll get the answer to these questions, tell the non voters you're talking about to get a clue in life.

I did not run in Ward 5 because I thought Nick Carbone was staying there. I was going to work with him concerning issues in the ward. Really what concerns name them come on tell the public who you love so much what is it you will do and how will you pay for it by lowering taxes.

3) I talk with residents and business owners all the time. Fitchburg is a mess! Name business locations name the address, you've talked with, come on you haven't talk with any serious business owners and the small unkept shop keepers you've spoken with blame everyone but themselves for their problems.

4) I am not campaigning on these boards. I have been out walking Fitchburg and answering questions from many citizens as to what I stand for and so on. People are very mad about current events.- No they are mad that you are bothering them get a grip what a complete fool you waste City money come on 77 votes last time you cost Joe the election!

This has been the worst two years in Fitchburg for many citizens. The law abiding citizens don't go outside nor around Fitchburg much because thay cannot afford to.- Because you are outside - come on it costs nothing to go outside your house, you are such a fool.

Stamos, all differences aside, lets be honest this once. Every Fitchburg citizen has realized massive tax and fee increases over the past two years. They have bare boned everything! Fitchburg is a shell!- okay so how are you going to pay for all those fluffy things the pie in the sky thoughts running round your empty mind your proposals require money money comes from taxes you complete fool
Animal house

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Tax Payer wrote:
1) I have enough money to run a campaign. Good you need it, make sure you mention all your past occupations to include your stay at the State run residents like MCI Walpole and MCI Concord
2) I talked to voters in ward 5 today and they are BS about not being given a heads up concerning Ward 5.
Well, well, well pay attention the first lesson in life is no one owes you anything, get your head out of your behind and pay attention to what is going on instead of the same old crap about poor little old you and all the injustices that were suffered because of the stupid things you've done in life.
Business are beyond angry about the non attention of the Mayor and city council pertaining to their needs. Your kidding right, you cannot be that stupid, store 24 is not the only business that needs attention, what CEO of any business in Fitchburg making over a 100k a year have you spoken with, name them, right the only ones you've spoken with are the illegal business shops or the ones making Fitchburg a dump.
Many residents feel that there is a network and they are not too happy about One of the main topics was the water and sewer increases and the pot holes everywhere. Hey dumb, dumb read the local newspapers and you'll get the answer to these questions, tell the non voters you're talking about to get a clue in life.
I did not run in Ward 5 because I thought Nick Carbone was staying there. I was going to work with him concerning issues in the ward. Really what concerns name them come on tell the public who you love so much what is it you will do and how will you pay for it by lowering taxes.
3) I talk with residents and business owners all the time. Fitchburg is a mess! Name business locations name the address, you've talked with, come on you haven't talk with any serious business owners and the small unkept shop keepers you've spoken with blame everyone but themselves for their problems.
4) I am not campaigning on these boards. I have been out walking Fitchburg and answering questions from many citizens as to what I stand for and so on. People are very mad about current events.- No they are mad that you are bothering them get a grip what a complete fool you waste City money come on 77 votes last time you cost Joe the election!
This has been the worst two years in Fitchburg for many citizens. The law abiding citizens don't go outside nor around Fitchburg much because thay cannot afford to.- Because you are outside - come on it costs nothing to go outside your house, you are such a fool.
Stamos, all differences aside, lets be honest this once. Every Fitchburg citizen has realized massive tax and fee increases over the past two years. They have bare boned everything! Fitchburg is a shell!- okay so how are you going to pay for all those fluffy things the pie in the sky thoughts running round your empty mind your proposals require money money comes from taxes you complete fool
k y jelly nut case
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
1) I have enough money to run a campaign.
2) I talked to voters in ward 5 today and they are BS about not being given a heads up concerning Ward 5. Everything is taken for granted. People are not too happy with whats going on. I talked to business owners and many residents today.
Business are beyond angry about the non attention of the Mayor and city council pertaining to their needs. Many residents feel that there is a network and they are not too happy about One of the main topics was the water and sewer increases and the pot holes everywhere.
I did not run in Ward 5 because I thought Nick Carbone was staying there. I was going to work with him concerning issues in the ward.
3) I talk with residents and business owners all the time. Fitchburg is a mess!
4) I am not campaigning on these boards. I have been out walking Fitchburg and answering questions from many citizens as to what I stand for and so on. People are very mad about current events.
This has been the worst two years in Fitchburg for many citizens. The law abiding citizens don't go outside nor around Fitchburg much because thay cannot afford to.
Stamos, all differences aside, lets be honest this once. Every Fitchburg citizen has realized massive tax and fee increases over the past two years. They have bare boned everything! Fitchburg is a shell! However gets elected needs to reform this entire mess and for once DO SOMETHING FOR THE ELDERLY!!! Seriously! All these promises and then you do not hear a peep from them.
So in short you were sitting in your basement talking to yourself again?
Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Fitchburg rising. I am asking all my enemies to drop their anger and lets call it quits. I have a plan that will benefit everyone.

It is time for Fitchburg to rise! There is money to be made for everyone! Invest in Fitchburg campaign.

The made in America campaign begins in Fitchburg. "Fitchburg working".

This project begins with landscaping. The element is here. This can be done.

Positive energy only, I have seen the light and it is shining on Fitchburg. Hold on as this is going to be a ride that you will never forget!

Koombah ya me lord koom bah ya, oh Lord Koom bah ya.....we shall overcome...
No way

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Fitchburg rising. I am asking all my enemies to drop their anger and lets call it quits. I have a plan that will benefit everyone.
It is time for Fitchburg to rise! There is money to be made for everyone! Invest in Fitchburg campaign.
The made in America campaign begins in Fitchburg. "Fitchburg working".
This project begins with landscaping. The element is here. This can be done.
Positive energy only, I have seen the light and it is shining on Fitchburg. Hold on as this is going to be a ride that you will never forget!
Koombah ya me lord koom bah ya, oh Lord Koom bah ya.....we shall overcome...
You'll never get the votes. Everyone will see that you're unelectable. You've thrown so much hate and venom around these boards you can't say "time out" now. Good luck answering the tough questions at the forums.
Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

No way wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never get the votes. Everyone will see that you're unelectable. You've thrown so much hate and venom around these boards you can't say "time out" now. Good luck answering the tough questions at the forums.
Do you ever sit back and read some of the venom thrown at me? Things said to me are so deplorable. But I am leaving this in the past.

The transparency in Fitchburg has been beyond non existent. I am ready for all questions that are made to me. I welcome debates. Lets talk about the issues facing the city! Lets talk about the citizens concerns!

Forget about me as the issues concerning Fitchburg are vast. We need to get serious. Too many things have been put on the back burner. I will be walking Fitchburg and talking to Fitchburg citizens. I will listen to their concerns. I have heard many.

Mr.Clark and Mr.Carbone need to answer as to why they did not inform the citizens of their intent to vacate their seats until three days before nomination paper deadlines!

Yes, Mr. Clark stated that this would be his last run for a council seat as he was elected last term. But their was no confirmation as there was with Norman Boiservert.

This is exactly what concerns the citizens and business owners. I also find it unacceptable that long term councilors are not educated concerning a major problem that has plagued this city for decades and that is DRUGS. There should be more in depth discussions and these councilors are obligated to educate themselves in these areas such as drug addiction as it concerns public safety and commerce!
Lynch for City Council

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

We need to have the discussion concerning FSU as well. Enough BS and LIES! Yes cosmetically they have upkept the area but there are other concerns.

Transparency is one main issue. We have the CITIZENS of Ward 5 stating the facts concerning unruly student behaviors and the FSU liaison stating the opposite. To allow he citizens concerns to be disregarded is unacceptable.

Mr Clark speaks of this Main street/North Street project. Another thing that the public has been kept In the dark about till last weeks article. We need better transparency.

I am strongly proposing a elder citizen exemptions and roll back concerning the water and sewer rates. They ask me, where is the money coming from to pay for this?? MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Be as enthused for the elder citizens needs as you are for a Main and North street project!
Jtn

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

We need to have the discussion concerning FSU as well. Enough BS and LIES! Yes cosmetically they have upkept the area but there are other concerns.
Transparency is one main issue. We have the CITIZENS of Ward 5 stating the facts concerning unruly student behaviors and the FSU liaison stating the opposite. To allow he citizens concerns to be disregarded is unacceptable.
Mr Clark speaks of this Main street/North Street project. Another thing that the public has been kept In the dark about till last weeks article. We need better transparency.
I am strongly proposing a elder citizen exemptions and roll back concerning the water and sewer rates. They ask me, where is the money coming from to pay for this?? MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Be as enthused for the elder citizens needs as you are for a Main and North street project!
leave Bob alone he does a good job,the problem lies with his underlings
duh

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Turn in your signatures and get them verified, then we can talk. If you didn't start your door-to-door campaign in May, you have little chance for an at-large run now that Nick and Dave are in the race. No sour grapes - they didn't owe it to you - it is a campaign strategy. You were all over the place in declaring what you were going to run for. And you still haven't turned in papers. What if some signatures were not verifiable? That is not the sign of a decisive campaign.
The True Story

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Every Fitchburg citizen has realized massive tax and fee increases over the past two years. They have bare boned everything! Fitchburg is a shell! However gets elected needs to reform this entire mess and for once DO SOMETHING FOR THE ELDERLY!!! Seriously! All these promises and then you do not hear a peep from them.
Lynch, when you post about helping the elderly, I can only believe that you're specifically talking about your own parents. It is very possible that they did not plan for retirement and cannot keep up with the normal increases that we all experience.

Or, it could be that they are going broke supporting a do-nothing sponge of a son and his live-in boyfriend. I believe it's the latter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Jeff Cordio not in jail like his black a... 24 min insider 7
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 27 min Professional 4
Market Basket ready to hire 5 hr Pajama People 21
Fitchburg armed-robbery suspects held on high bail 8 hr europian american 1
boycotting new market basket prices 9 hr Pajama People 26
FSU, UMass Law School partner to cut length of ... 21 hr Jtn 1
Arrest Log: 12/15/2010 (Dec '10) Wed Will 17

Search the Leominster Forum:
•••

Leominster News Video