Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret sues for last Army...

Full story: Lowell Sun

Thirty years after William Tyree Jr. was convicted of ordering the murder of his wife in their Ayer apartment, the former Green Beret has filed a $5 million federal lawsuit against the Army, claiming he never ...
Comments
61 - 80 of 107 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 15
owryly

Sun Prairie, WI

#66 Sep 17, 2013
Witness wrote:
I don't know names only the person's face. It was neither of them.
Are you the witness in the a&e documentary that was never called to yestify?

Also, the whole rigger shop was run through a police lineup.
Colonel Sanders

Oneida, NY

#67 Sep 17, 2013
owryly wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember kevin, from somerville and tom across the hall from erik. Was anton a very tall red headed guy? My roommate dan and I stole herbie the mouse from the boa in that room. I think kevin had a tarantula. Kevin was the one guy who apologized for all the "gay" shit I took after he met and fell all over my girlfriend when we went to my home state in wisconsin on maneuvers. For the record erik and I split hundreds of unstamped black market blue valiums. I went to detox the day after his arrest. I have no trouble believing he could have blacked out and not even known he murdered someone. I wasn't far behind him.
If angle turner is working with tyree they also know that CID spent a lot of time trying to force me to peg the murder on a rigger they were despperately trying to nail before he left the army.
Yes, Anton (Tony) was the tall, red headed guy. He liked gin. I wish he would visit this site, again. Who was your roommate; Dan who? Was he the moto-cross guy?

Do you remember the "crash & burn", of one of the team members,@ Ft. Drum? Do you remember who packed his chute?

It was an awful thing that happened to Elaine. I know there is no excuse for what Erik did. As Tony commented on, he must be sitting in his cage thinking about what an idiot he was. Sad, sad, sad...

Obviously, Angleturner and Witness are full of malarky!
owryly

Sun Prairie, WI

#68 Sep 17, 2013
Colonel Sanders wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Anton (Tony) was the tall, red headed guy. He liked gin. I wish he would visit this site, again. Who was your roommate; Dan who? Was he the moto-cross guy?
Do you remember the "crash & burn", of one of the team members,@ Ft. Drum? Do you remember who packed his chute?
It was an awful thing that happened to Elaine. I know there is no excuse for what Erik did. As Tony commented on, he must be sitting in his cage thinking about what an idiot he was. Sad, sad, sad...
I'm having a hard time on the phone. I remember fort drum. Only one guy did halo that sergeant. Big heavy set dude. Him and section sarge, fernandez? They both flunked halo i think. Duff may have started packing halo... I helped halo occasiinally. Dan was blonde guy looked like jack nicholson in cuckoos nest, came from bad tols..ron was our roommate too but never there and wasn't a rigger anymore. Was pissed he wasn't on a team hung out only with team guys. Email me:
Emt925@yahoo.com
Colonel Sanders

Oneida, NY

#69 Sep 19, 2013
owryly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having a hard time on the phone. I remember fort drum. Only one guy did halo that sergeant. Big heavy set dude. Him and section sarge, fernandez? They both flunked halo i think. Duff may have started packing halo... I helped halo occasiinally. Dan was blonde guy looked like jack nicholson in cuckoos nest, came from bad tols..ron was our roommate too but never there and wasn't a rigger anymore. Was pissed he wasn't on a team hung out only with team guys. Email me:
Emt925@yahoo.com
Ron Bouch, no doubt!
owryly

Sun Prairie, WI

#70 Sep 19, 2013
Colonel Sanders wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Bouch, no doubt!
Yeah Ron, mine and Dans roommate. So you know who I am, who are you? Email me..
owryly

Sun Prairie, WI

#71 Sep 19, 2013
owryly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Ron, mine and Dans roommate. So you know who I am, who are you? Email me..

kevin?
sisters friend

Frederick, MD

#72 Nov 24, 2013
Murder at Fort Devens AE wrote:
Stopped into a local bar in Ayer MA and spoke with some of the locals who remember the case and the A&E special. No one can find a copy of the A&E special and people are divided on the outcome of the case.
Not sure if this information assists in anyway except for the fact that local's still talk about the Tyree incident.
Well, butt head, you know nothing....this clown deserves to rot in hell where he is. There is not a doubt in my head no matter what he tries to "sell" you. Leave us alone, maybe you should put your feet in her family's shoes.....

Since: Apr 11

Oakland, ME

#73 Mar 7, 2014
On February 10, 2014, Case No. SJC-11633, Bill Tyree's request to the highest court of the Commonwealth, was filed before a 6-member panel.
Tyree's briefs ask for the following:
1. Find that he was denied counsel when the Commonwealth conducted an ex parte hearing before a single justice in 1979 (SJ-79-279) and failed to so advise him. The Commonwealth succeeded in voiding an arrest warrant against Earl Michael Peters for the first degree murder of Elaine Tyree, Jan. 20, 1979, issued by Judge James Killam, on and after May 15, 1979. The same proceeding decreed that no person was to be charged for her murder without the express permission of a "justice or justices" of the SJC (11/20/79). None of this information was known to Tyree until ca. 1998.

2. The Tyree briefs also includes evidence, in addition to the Killam finding and subsequent to 1979, which identifies Peters as the killer:

a) An affidavit by Francis Gardner, Tyree landlord, that he saw Peters walking away from the Tyree residence, shortly after the murder.

b) An authenticated letter from Elaine Tyree's father, Floyd (Jack) Hebb to D.A. John Droney, March 4, 1980, in which he related conversations with Peters, during which Peters openly acknowledged "cut[ing] her throat with a knife".

c) An affidavit from Eric Aarhus, the co-defendant in the Tyree case, completely exonerating Tyree from any participation in his wife's murder. Aarhus, on 02/13/79, had accused Tyree of offering to pay Aarhus money to kill his wife.

d) Available to the court panel is a "Motion to Amend" which cites the testimony and observations of Vias Williams who saw a man run from the Tyree building at the time of the murder. Williams was exposed to 2 or more lineups in which Aarhus had been placed. He failed to identify Aarhus as the man seen on that day.

e) Also available is a "MOTION TO RECONSDER.." filed in the Superior court last year, in which perjury and fraud were detailed regarding the search of Aarhus' room by CID (Fort Devens) and Commonwealth police, February 13, 1979.

f) The latter is further supported by a recent affidavit by Col. Forest S. Rittgers, Jr.(Ret.), the base commander of Fort Devens at the time of the crimes. This affidavit is also on file in the Superior Court.

The Tyree position is that only the SJC can receive charges against the
murder of his wife and his submissions charge the court with the duty of proceeding with the evidence provided.

Tyree's (blue) brief is due in the court on March 24.

Bath, ME

#74 Mar 20, 2014
ON MARCH 17, WILLIAM TYREE FILED THE FOLLOWING BEFORE THE 6-MEMBER PANEL OF THE SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT,
CASE NO. SJC-11633:
DOCKET # 3 - MOTION FOR NON-CONFORMING BRIEF
DOCKET #4 - MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENT, 79-1383
DOCKET #5 - MOTION FOR ARREST OF EARL MICHAEL PETERS
DOCKET #6 - MOTION TO FILE SECOND APPEAL
DOCKET #7 - SERVICE OF BRIEFS AND APPENDICIES
THE (RED) BRIEF OF THE COMMONWEALTH IS DUE BY APRIL 16.

Pittsfield, ME

#75 Jun 23, 2014
ON APRIL 11, 2014, THE TYREE DOCKET (SJC-11633) WAS CITED, NOTING THAT THE "RED BRIEF", I.E., THE REPLY BRIEF OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS TO THE CLAIMS OF WILLIAM TYREE, WAS DUE ON
"04/16/2014"
ON APRIL 24, THE COMMONWEALTH FILED A ONE-PAGE LETTER (DOCKET #13) STATING THAT
"THE COMMONWEALTH WILL...NOT BE SUBMITTING A [RED] BRIEF IN OPPOSITION TO THE DEFENDANT'S PRESENT APPEAL"
THE REASON WAS GIVEN FOR THIS FAILURE:
"[BECAUSE] THE DEFENDANT'S SUBMISSIONS DO NOT RAISE
ANY NEW ISSUES NOT PREVIOUSLY ADDRESSED BY THE
COMMONWEALTH IT ITS ORIGINAL OPPOSITION."
THE LATTER STATEMENT IS KNOWINGLY FALSE.
THE LATTER STATEMENT FOLLOWED EVIDENCE RECENTLY SUBMITTED WHICH COULD NOT HAVE BEEN
"PREVIOUSLY ADDRESSED BY THE COMMONWEALTH"
AT ANY TIME.
AN ANALYSIS OF THIS JUNCTURE OF FACT AND LAW WILL FOLLOW.
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#76 Jun 23, 2014
Every one of you here purporting to know about this case have no clue what you are talking about. I do know, because I lived it. All of it. The shock, the mourning, the little nine week old baby, the custody hearing, the murder trial, ALL OF IT! Bill Tyree is a pathologic liar with delusions of grandeur! He is also a murderer. Whether he wielded the knife or not. Erik Aarhus is where he belongs, and has admitted as such, on more than one occasion. I am sick and tire of the "conspiracy theorists" spreadin their BS all over social media! Tyree will not stop until he runs out of appeals. Acting as his own attorney is just one more of his antics to garner attention. I'm sure he fancies himself another Atticus Finch! To all of you here smart enough to see Tyree and Arhus for what they are, thank you. For the rest of you, find another hobby! The curtain will soon close on the final act of Bill Tyree's delusional grand epic!

United States

#77 Jun 24, 2014
DEAR TOPIX,

I posted on this thread a few hours ago but it has not appeared.

Can you clarify?

ANGLETURNER

New Sharon, ME

#78 Jun 26, 2014
THE ORDER OF JAMES KILLAM, AYER DISTRICT COURT JUDGE
MAY 15, 1979

PART I - ERIK AARHUS AND THE KNIFE (See #28,#33, this blog)

Late on Feb. 13, 1979, 2 weeks to the day from the murder of Elaine Tyree, William Tyree and his friend, Sgt. Michael Menzie, called Ayer P.D., informing them that the murder weapon may be found in the on-base room of Erik Aarhus, another Special Forces soldier, Someone also informed the police that the weapon, a knife, was to be found under the pillow of Erik Aarhus. Tyree later firmly denied that he had told the police this latter fact, during the earlier call with Menzie or at any time.

Hours later, CID (Army Criminal Investigation Division) Special Agent Paul Mason and others entered Aarhus' room, Mason picked up the pillow on Aarhus' bed and found a knife wrapped in a plastic bag. The knife clearly belonged to Aarhus and had blood thereon matching the blood type of Elaine (no DNA analysis was then available nor performed since).

Aarhus was quickly arrested, brought to Ford Devens CID headquarters at the time that Tyree, also at that office, was hand-writing a statement, claiming that he had approached Aarhus at lunch and offered him $5,000 for the return of the knife. According to that statement, at lunch,
Aarhus had neither denied nor affirmed guilt in the murder but had indicated that he would attempt retrieval in return for the proffered money.

In the order of 05/15/79, Judge Killam first approached the discovery of the bloody knife and declared a core improbability, based on the above facts:
"The enlightened suspicion of 'frame' is inescapable."

Reasonable minds might well consider the accumulated improbabilities
now placed before Judge Killam (a former military officer),accruing to his view for the issue of 'frame'". Consider the person of Erik Aarhus, a young Special Forces soldier, trained in the arts of bodily offense and defense who;

1. Retained, for 2 weeks time, a severely soiled knife-

2. Retained, for 2 weeks time, a knife copiously soiled with blood-

3. Similarly, when that knife was soiled with human blood-

4. Similarly, when that knife was soiled with the blood of a victim
who had been murdered by the knife's owner-

5. Stored that knife in an open, insecure area,
subject to random discovery-

6. Similarly, while the knife's owner is a 'person of interest' in an
ongoing murder investigation by military and civilian authorities,
a murder of the person whose blood is arguably similar to that
found on the knife.

Moreover, Judge Killam was also informed by State Policeman John Dwyer that the knife, 2 months after recovery, did not have the fingerprints of Erik Aarhus thereon. No further inquiry was made by any party as to whether other prints were also found on the knife.

END PART I - ERIK AARHUS AND THE KNIFE

Witness

Louisville, KY

#79 Jun 26, 2014
sistervictim wrote:
Every one of you here purporting to know about this case have no clue what you are talking about. I do know, because I lived it. All of it. The shock, the mourning, the little nine week old baby, the custody hearing, the murder trial, ALL OF IT! Bill Tyree is a pathologic liar with delusions of grandeur! He is also a murderer. Whether he wielded the knife or not. Erik Aarhus is where he belongs, and has admitted as such, on more than one occasion. I am sick and tire of the "conspiracy theorists" spreadin their BS all over social media! Tyree will not stop until he runs out of appeals. Acting as his own attorney is just one more of his antics to garner attention. I'm sure he fancies himself another Atticus Finch! To all of you here smart enough to see Tyree and Arhus for what they are, thank you. For the rest of you, find another hobby! The curtain will soon close on the final act of Bill Tyree's delusional grand epic!
Sistervictim, I do not purport to knowing anything, I was in the next apartment building, I saw who ran from that location. So you may want to tone down your anger over this because obviously you were not there!
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#80 Jun 27, 2014
Witness wrote:
<quoted text> Sistervictim, I do not purport to knowing anything, I was in the next apartment building, I saw who ran from that location. So you may want to tone down your anger over this because obviously you were not there!
If you were there, please direct me to your "eyewitness testomony" as it was presented. I will be happy to look it up in my copy of the trial transcrpit. I was at that trial, and testified. I do not recall any witness who made such a claim that was not discredited on cross examination. How dare YOU to tell ME to "tone down my anger", when it should be obvious to anyone, including someone with even your obvious low intellect, by my "user name" why I would be entitled to be "angry"! You're damn right I am angry! I am sick and tired of people like you who continue to spread the lies and misinformation about this case, and about the perpetrator(s) of this crime. Bill Tyree is a pathologic liar, who suffers from delusions of grandeur, and is a rightfully convicted and sentenced murderer. He now fancies himself another Atticus Finch or F. Lee Bailey as he continues down the road of useless and ridiculous appeals and lawsuits! After nearly forty years, I would think he would finally allow his victims (and yes, there have been more than one) to finally rest. People like you are no better than he was/is. I am not stupid, and can pretty well guess who you are, and what your motive is. So, show yourself if you know so damn much about this case. Direct me to the exact pages in the trial trancript that contains your ridiculous, and obviously disproven claims!
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#81 Jun 27, 2014
Colonel Sanders wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Col. Sanders! "Witness" is nothing more than one of Tyree's little "minions"! They have been at this for years, and they continue to victimize Elaine, as well as her family and friends! His delusions must be contagious in certain circles!
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#82 Jun 27, 2014
I know all about the A&E Documentary. It so happens that the Maryland segment was filmed in MY home there. I know that "Witness" is one of Tyree's little minions! Obviously the indocrinated Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme of his little family! Quite a pitiful little character, indeed!
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#83 Jun 27, 2014
interested person wrote:
Anyone seen the Free Bill Tyree jr. facebook page? The link is http://www.facebook.com/FreeBillTyreeJr...
As with everything else associated with Tyree, his little Facebook page contains nothing but more delusional claims! It also contains pictures that he has no authorization to use. You see, Tyree does not quite understand yet, that he has no "daughter"! His "parental rights" were severed the day the State of Maryland granted her adoption by Elaine's parent. Any claims he makes regardding a "relationship" with her are absolutely false. I happen to have a VERY reliable "source" in that regard!
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#84 Jun 27, 2014
As for you "AngelTurner", if you have photos of Elaine or her daughter, I would strongly advise you against "sharing" them with anyone. Elaine's daughter is an adult now, and more than prepared to act upon the unauthorized use of her likeness! Let me remind you, once again, that Bill Tyree no longer has a "daughter"! The State of Maryland severed any and all parental rights he had. Period. She considers Bill Tyree "nothing more than a sperm donor and murderer". That is a direct quote. If anyone here thinks you can legally pass her photos around in an unauthorized manner, you had better think again.
sistervictim

Spring Lake, NC

#85 Jun 27, 2014
ANGLE TURNER wrote:
TO: WITNESS, DANA MCCURDY, TWO HARBORS;
There is activity in the Tyree matter.
"MURDER AT FOR DEVENS", 4-5 HOURS FERDINAND
Deposition (New Mexico, 1998), available on DVD here.
"BAGMAN" By STACEY, play written re Tyree, etc.
Tyree has extensive written materials, also available
here.
Tyree is a delusional, pathologic liar and murderer. Period. No amount of "written materials" will prove otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 2 hr Civil Servant Sup... 31
McKay hosting family barbecue 2 hr Karen 2
Fitchburg Market Basket workers elated to be back 5 hr Karen 1
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand 17 hr Karen 2
Students, parents get their first look at Fitch... Tue Karen 2
Numbers of homeless increase in region Tue Karen 5
2 Gardner police officers resign (Oct '13) Tue Crown Vicman 51
•••

Leominster News Video

•••