Fitchburg officer charged with drunke...

Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 55 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Nov 25, 2010, titled Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Police Officer Michael Faucher is on paid administrative leave after fellow officers arrested and charged him with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident early Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
matt

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Nov 25, 2010
that sucks man... the guy lives by me and he is a cool guy cop or not. everybody makes mistakes but to take his license for 180 days for refusing the breatilizer thats not right he obviously was drunk as all hell if he couldnt stand so they knew he was drunk. everybody makes mistakes. cops or not
Give em all breathalyzes

Wellesley, MA

#3 Nov 25, 2010
Another member of the FPD refuses a breathalizer? It should be a LAW that a police officer cannot refuse a breathalizer!

Both accidents were on Water street! Where is the investigator Mcnamarra on this one? He is mentioned in the incident involving Officer Cordio!

KTH

Worcester, MA

#4 Nov 25, 2010
matt wrote:
that sucks man... the guy lives by me and he is a cool guy cop or not. everybody makes mistakes but to take his license for 180 days for refusing the breatilizer thats not right he obviously was drunk as all hell if he couldnt stand so they knew he was drunk. everybody makes mistakes. cops or not
Refusing the BT is an automatic loss of license for 180 days.
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Nov 25, 2010
Nice to see that they are being held to the same standard finally, just look over the past couple of years and this would/did not happen.
The Peoples Court

Stow, MA

#6 Nov 25, 2010
Why is he getting paid? He is unable to do his job which involves driving because he lost his license as a result of his bad choices. Taxpayer money should NOT be given to him as reward for bad behavior.
impaired thinker

Shirley, MA

#7 Nov 25, 2010
matt wrote:
The same law that applies to you! Refuse the test, 180 days automatic. Why should he be any different? Driving in that condition is NOT a mistake, especialy for a POLICE OFFICER, a man who deals with drunk driving every day! Guess all the accidents and personal injurie he's seen as a result of drunk driving don't mean much after the consumption of a 30 pack!
First Leominster Resident

Shirley, MA

#10 Nov 25, 2010
congrats FPD for not covering this up.
INS

Fitchburg, MA

#11 Nov 25, 2010
Why dont you start blaming the companies that make alcohol,after all it does impair you and you're decision making including knowing when to stop drinking.I know alot of people including myself that have got a DUI,some of us are good people with good jobs and good families,some of us are not.At the end of the day when everybody wants to wind down most americans have a few drinks,it has been that way for generations.Only in america can you do something illegal for consuming too much of something thats legal.Oh ya,drunk driving also makes alot of lawyers and judges and etc. a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$ ,but it also kills alot of people.Luckily Mike didnt kill anyone.Happy Thanksgiving everyone and watch youre drinking.
fitchburg trash

Westminster, MA

#16 Nov 25, 2010
PAID LEAVE FOR DRUNK driVInG, breaking the law, he gets paid to break the law and stay home
Release the Tasca papers

Wellesley, MA

#18 Nov 25, 2010
INS wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,maybe you should make friends with them then you can be like that 2.
I'd rather be able to look into the mirror. I am okay with opening the door for woman and assisting the elderly. I have friends that are officers. They conduct themselves properly unlike some members of the FPD!

One thing gets to me,I complained directly to the Mayor in reference to this officer blatently parking in the driving lane on Main street. If you had seen this huge black truck with a short license plate parked like this on Main street, you would get the same feeling that I had. This is a TOTAL disregard for the publics safety by a protected officer! It is outrageous; the old me would have thrown a molly top at this truck to prove a point.

There is a blatent disregard for public safety in this city and it is being displayed by members of the FPD! Every knows that JRs is owned and frequented by members of the FPD. They are leaving there drunk! Do you know one day my nephew was driving by and he seen three FPD cruisers in the parking lot. Two cruisers were trying to convince the third one to pull over as they were smashed drunk! This is crazy! But it is what happens when they are not held accountable!

Not all police departments are conducted like this! There are officers whom take drugs and money from dealers instead of arresting them! Their are officers that flirt with the college girls! It is out of control!

Some of Mcnamaras collegues tell me that Mcnamarra is a smart mouth but he isn't a criminal. I disagree! In any other town or city he would have been reprimanded for using his authority illegally as an harrassment tool for a beef that a relative had with another person! This is a form of corruption and goes beyond harassment!

This behavior was allowed in nazi Germany and Communist China. Power can corrupt and in Fitchburg it is OBVIOUS that is has corrupted the FPD and family and friends of the FPD!
nice leading by example

Fitchburg, MA

#19 Nov 25, 2010
unbelievable!
W Newton WHO

Wellesley, MA

#24 Nov 25, 2010
W Nwton Rippa wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please just stick to using one name, instead of posting under multiple names. I mean your posts are enough to make people think you belong in the bug house, and the posting under multiple names is the iceing on the cake.
I will list all the names that do not belong to me;Okay weirdo? You are assuming!
Now notice as your name "W.Nwton Rippa" some names have a message in them ; you know like a "Headline"! I'll try and walk you through it,OK? Now these names are independent posters on here who have a mind of their own and do not agree with you!
KTH,Jim,The Peoples Court,andromrda,matt, impaired thinker, tax payer, first leominster resident, INS,frank,fitchburg trash,joanne and nice leading by example.
Just so you don't get confused; these are all independent thinkers and not I. By the way what does "W.Nwton Rippa" stand for? Is it a name? Or are you in opposition to another postor and you are attempting to make a point?
You got to be kidding me

Fitchburg, MA

#26 Nov 25, 2010
matt wrote:
Would you rather he be let back out on the road, drunk, and crash into your car and kill you? Come on now.
Investigate properly Mac

Wellesley, MA

#30 Nov 25, 2010
All they need to do is to review the camara footage. They have camaras on top of these poles. Did he also run a red light? Did he cross lanes?

Where is mac the investigator? hey mac, you can site him for littering as he left his plate behind.What about driving to endanger? Reckless driving? Destruction of property? DUI and leaving the scene do not cover these committed crimes! Disorderly conduct maybe mac?

Mac, now I know that plate couldn't have been properly secured? Isn't this a code violation? Did he use his blinker before he turned? Is the truck registered? Does it have a good sticker?

Review the camaras Mac!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#32 Nov 25, 2010
Dear (soon to be FORMER) Officer Faucher:
Happy Thanksgiving !! Your family must be SO VERY proud of you...
Greg

Leominster, MA

#34 Nov 25, 2010
INS wrote:
Why dont you start blaming the companies that make alcohol,after all it does impair you and you're decision making including knowing when to stop drinking.I know alot of people including myself that have got a DUI,some of us are good people with good jobs and good families,some of us are not.At the end of the day when everybody wants to wind down most americans have a few drinks,it has been that way for generations.Only in america can you do something illegal for consuming too much of something thats legal.Oh ya,drunk driving also makes alot of lawyers and judges and etc. a lot of $$$$$$$$$$but it also kills alot of people.Luckily Mike didnt kill anyone.Happy Thanksgiving everyone and watch youre drinking.
I've been driving for years, don't have a DUI and haven't even spoken to a police officer in decades. My friends have never been arrested for anything, and they aren't among the "most people" you claim "have a few drinks" at the end of the day (every day?) You can choose to live any way you want, but don't blame others for the consequences.
Fitchburg Resident

Medfield, MA

#35 Nov 25, 2010
So let me get my facts straight. A police officer is arrested for drunken driving. He is on paid administrative leave. So that means that he is not working.
So he is still collecting a paycheck? Am I understanding this correctly? What exactly is paid administrative leave?
law

Clinton, MA

#36 Nov 25, 2010
The Peoples Court wrote:
Why is he getting paid? He is unable to do his job which involves driving because he lost his license as a result of his bad choices. Taxpayer money should NOT be given to him as reward for bad behavior.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Perry

Gardner, MA

#37 Nov 25, 2010
Perry got off a few times, why not Mike? Call Panagiotes
Happy Thanksgiving

Dracut, MA

#38 Nov 25, 2010
Where is the safety net for these guys working hellish jobs that drive them to drink? Are there no psychologists in the department making sure they don't go off the deep end? I'm with matt... Mike's a good guy and should not be crucified because the job got to him. Beyond that, the police risk their very lives every day to serve and protect us and at the very least, they deserve to have someone to intervene before that stress destroys their lives. As far as I'm concerned, they also deserve better than the self-righteous crap I'm reading here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburg motorcycle cops 56 min Joey Lynch 69
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 59 min Joey Lynch 449
Shareholders meeting Turtleboy Sports 1 hr Joey Lynch 4
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) 8 hr Darn Tootin 10
Show your support for Social Justice (Jan '17) 22 hr Bang bang boom 4
News Fitchburg welcomed our business warmly 22 hr Billy slob 6
Another Monday Gone. Tue Shame Shame Shame 37

Leominster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leominster Mortgages