Police: Man admits plan to give crack as Christmas gifts

Police say a 15-month-old boy slept in an apartment Friday night where partygoers allegedly smoked marijuana and a Fitchburg man reportedly had eight bags of crack cocaine he planned to give away as Christmas ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Christina

Burlington, MA

#1 Dec 4, 2007
I live around the area and I heard nothing but screaming and yelling from that house comming from the 4th floor. I find it hard to believe that the mother of the child would smoke marijuana right next to her child. I believe that there is more to the story that the police are not saying because they did illegal things that night as well. I think some more investigation should be made on both sides the residents and the policemen.
BBz

Chelmsford, MA

#2 Dec 4, 2007
What are you saying Christina ? Your not making much sense? What are you acusing the officers of doing? who was screaming?
Santas_Elf

Ashburnham, MA

#3 Dec 4, 2007
Sounds like Christina is on crack....or just mad she didn't get any....it sounds like the people who were arrested were real stand up citizens, maybe they should nominate the baby's mother for "Mother of the Year"!!

Since: Nov 07

Cambridge, MA

#4 Dec 4, 2007
This is just an example of our new post-christian 'family values'. If they spend any time in jail (which is doubtful around here), they will just learn how to hide it better for next time. Meanwhile officials will just wring their hands wondering what's wrong with our cities and communities. It will never occur to them that values actually matters, since that is basically a thought crime in MA.
Typical

Gardner, MA

#5 Dec 4, 2007
Classy.
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

#6 Dec 4, 2007
SevenThunders wrote:
This is just an example of our new post-christian 'family values'. If they spend any time in jail (which is doubtful around here), they will just learn how to hide it better for next time. Meanwhile officials will just wring their hands wondering what's wrong with our cities and communities. It will never occur to them that values actually matters, since that is basically a thought crime in MA.
Give me a break? Just because there was no religion 7 Thunders...you are saying that these things happen?

Last I remember, this whole idea of "Family Values" came from the same folks who said when it comes to drugs..."Just Say No!" So please do the world a favor and come up with some else. Family Values doesn't always work, especially when parents are forced to work 2 jobs a parent to make ends meet, and leave kids on their own.

God didn't make these people do drugs, nor did he keep them away from them. Besides 7-Thunders...remember...mariju ana is vegetation...came with the whole package that created earth...from God.

After all.....ever hear of the burning bush?
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

#7 Dec 4, 2007
Christina wrote:
I live around the area and I heard nothing but screaming and yelling from that house comming from the 4th floor. I find it hard to believe that the mother of the child would smoke marijuana right next to her child. I believe that there is more to the story that the police are not saying because they did illegal things that night as well. I think some more investigation should be made on both sides the residents and the policemen.
Just curious Christina, are sucking on your crack pipe when you wrote this? After all, the report stated that the cops were there for a loud party. Smelled marijuana, and yet you blame the cops???

You actually condone the idea of doing drugs with a 15-month old kid? If you cannot distinguish the fact that a good parent doesn't do drugs whether it be before the kid or when the kid sleeps is bad enough.

The only person that needs investigation is you Christina. A very good mental health counselor would be able to do a thorough investigation, of what is left of your brain! As it is, your argument in this case is very much like the woman who was angry about her boyfriend being found in a car with a sawed-off shotgun, and drugs a few weeks ago. Seems the woman and you have been sucking on the same crackpipe. Two burnedout minds that think alike!
Typical

Gardner, MA

#8 Dec 4, 2007
Also, Christina...if you happen to "live in the area", I find it suspicious that you can pinpoint the exact floor from which you heard screaming and yelling. Any why would you find it hard to believe that the mother of the child would smoke marijuana next to her child?
Of course you are a friend of those involved and you've come to plant the "police misconduct" seed. Don't you think everyone who gets arrested claims that they did nothing wrong and that the police did something or everything wrong?
The community doesn't care...CSI will not be showing up to investigate a dump full of scumbags who drag small children into their BS. All in a day's work for the police; Your friends aren't special, they're the same fungus thriving on the underbelly of every city. Read the police briefs, kid.
Typical

Gardner, MA

#9 Dec 4, 2007
Red Baron, I think you are taking the term "family values" to mean something entirely different than what it is.

Family values are good morals and standards handed to you by your family. Why are you acting like 7 Thunders just said Hitler is Sexy?

The whole idea of "family values" never came from Republicans or any politicians for that matter. It's just a phrase. It has nothing to do with politics of yesteryear that you're apparently still hung-up on. You're forcing your own connotations of the phrase into your argument and it's not translating well.

You went off on the most absurd tangent I've ever seen. No $h!+ marijuana is vegetation; It doesn't mean smoking it around children is classy or very healthy, for that matter.

Pick a coherent topic and stick with it. We get it, you hate god and your parents made you cry when you were little. Don't lose your composure at the slightest hint of a religious sentiment.
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

#10 Dec 4, 2007
Typical wrote:
Red Baron, I think you are taking the term "family values" to mean something entirely different than what it is.
Family values are good morals and standards handed to you by your family. Why are you acting like 7 Thunders just said Hitler is Sexy?
The whole idea of "family values" never came from Republicans or any politicians for that matter. It's just a phrase. It has nothing to do with politics of yesteryear that you're apparently
still hung-up on. You're forcing your own connotations of the phrase into your argument and it's not translating well.
You went off on the most absurd tangent I've ever seen. No $h!+ marijuana is vegetation; It doesn't mean smoking it around children is classy or very healthy, for that matter.
Pick a coherent topic and stick with it. We get it, you hate god and your parents made you cry when you were little. Don't lose your composure at the slightest hint of a religious sentiment.
First and formost typical, I didn't go on a God Bashing rant. I am reminded of a sign that my aunt had in her kitchen that sayed "God blesses this kitchen, but he doesn't clean it up." That can be said with Family Values. God doesn't create Family Values, only people do.

However, Family Values doesn't always cure social/societal problems either. Obviously if the mother of the kid had been working, she wouldn't be throwing loud parties with drugs. If there were more done to keep drugs from being sold in Fitchburg/Leominster, then we wouldn't be talking about this.

As your view on political history is kinda lacking, in 1992 it was President George H.W. Bush, who made the speech stating that "Hollywood needed to be creating more prime-time shows like The Waltons, rather than the Simpsons." If you have any sense of history, you would know that you find the Simpsons on the Fox Channel, and the Waltons sometimes found on the Hallmark Channel.

Also, your history of the 1980's apparently has been lacking too. Just this year, a man who was a devout republican passed away, the late Rev. Jerry Falwell. Many a Republican went to speak at his school down south, as part of the "Moral Majority." Their chief tennet, was "Family Values." Go to the library sometime and read more about it...because either you are more conservative that you're willing to admit to, or you really don't know what you are talking about

Or look it up on the web

www.falwell.com Or www.moralmajority.us

So Typical, regardless whether the pot smoking parent had a Family that was Moral and had good standards, or her parents were "pot smoking hippies", bottom line it has nothing to do with Family Values, it has more to do with being intelligent enough to know, that drugs are illegal, and doing them as a parent, is wrong!

But considering you said, I "acted as if 7 Thunders was saying that Hitler was sexy" was only showing the lack of inteligence (or tolerance to opposing viewpoints) you have.
Disgrunted Crackhead

Ashburnham, MA

#11 Dec 4, 2007
I smoke alot of crack and even I know there's only 3 floors there....4th floor, i don't think you're smoking crack christina, maybe some pcp...

Since: Nov 07

Cambridge, MA

#12 Dec 4, 2007
Red Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break? Just because there was no religion 7 Thunders...you are saying that these things happen?
As a matter of fact yes. This is a symptom of a moral decline. Most of the worlds problems are due to a shortage of Jesus and a shortage of capitalism. However don't take my word for it.
George Washington said this in his farewell address,
Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connexions with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked, Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths, which are the instruments of investigation in Courts of Justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect, that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
Last I remember, this whole idea of "Family Values" came from the same folks who said when it comes to drugs..."Just Say No!" So please do the world a favor and come up with some else. Family Values doesn't always work, especially when parents are forced to work 2 jobs a parent to make ends meet, and leave kids on their own.
God didn't make these people do drugs, nor did he keep them away from them. Besides 7-Thunders...remember...mariju ana is vegetation...came with the whole package that created earth...from God.
Last I checked the only successful drug rehabilitation programs out there are run by christian organizations. Teen Challenge (open to adults by the way in case you need it) has a 90% success rate and victory outreach an 80% success rate. Government sponsored programs are considered successful if they achieve 10%. Perhaps there is a little more too this. Could it possibly be that God is real and could intervene in a person's life? How could that be? They didn't teach us that in history class.
truffles

Peabody, MA

#13 Dec 5, 2007
christina is a moonbat.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Dec 5, 2007
Seven Thunders, where you allowed to say GOD in history class, you sure you didn't offend someone? LOL
I totally agree with what you are saying, makes complete sense to me.
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

#15 Dec 5, 2007
SevenThunders wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact yes. This is a symptom of a moral decline. Most of the worlds problems are due to a shortage of Jesus and a shortage of capitalism. However don't take my word for it.
George Washington said this in his farewell address,
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Last I checked the only successful drug rehabilitation programs out there are run by christian organizations. Teen Challenge (open to adults by the way in case you need it) has a 90% success rate and victory outreach an 80% success rate. Government sponsored programs are considered successful if they achieve 10%. Perhaps there is a little more too this. Could it possibly be that God is real and could intervene in a person's life? How could that be? They didn't teach us that in history class.
While I am not against religion, the idea that the church can do everything, and government cannot, is really a joke in some cases. What I basically read from what you said, is that Family Values are more important. While you continue to thump the bible in this case, a bible isn't the end all be all in all these cases. When I grew up, I knew kids that went to religious schools and did more drugs/alcohol than I did (some of which got into trouble too.)

Also when there is a vision in the Twin Cities area (Fitchburg/Leominster), that kids can get drugs easily, right under the nose of the cops in the schools?!? What you are telling me, that if we have a priest instead of a cop, that kids won't do drugs?

Also when a community cannot communicate with the Police about these matters (which happens alot in Fitchburg), about drug uses, especially in tenements, prayer doesn't cut it. Especially when you have people partying until 1 a.m.

Community policing, and community watch equals less drugs in the neighborhood. God may bless the neighborhood, but he sure doesn't police them.

“Receding Headline”

Since: Oct 07

Athens

#16 Dec 5, 2007
Red Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
\When I grew up, I knew kids that went to religious schools and did more drugs/alcohol than I did (some of which got into trouble too.)
How many people out of a hundred non-believers are on drugs, drinking, or committing a crime? How many people out of a hundred believers are? I know its a simple rebuttal, no sarcasm meant.
Red Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
Also when there is a vision in the Twin Cities area (Fitchburg/Leominster), that kids can get drugs easily, right under the nose of the cops in the schools?!? What you are telling me, that if we have a priest instead of a cop, that kids won't do drugs?[QUOTE]

He isn't saying a priest can stop it, but you just admitted that cops can't do it, so we would have to rely on faith right?

[QUOTE who="Red Baron"]<quoted text>
Also when a community cannot communicate with the Police about these matters (which happens alot in Fitchburg), about drug uses, especially in tenements, prayer doesn't cut it. Especially when you have people partying until 1 a.m.
Community policing, and community watch equals less drugs in the neighborhood. God may bless the neighborhood, but he sure doesn't police them.
The bible teaches you to go to not dwell at night, to be your brother's keeper, and to treat your body as a temple.
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

#17 Dec 8, 2007
Larry Coons wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people out of a hundred non-believers are on drugs, drinking, or committing a crime? How many people out of a hundred believers are? I know its a simple rebuttal, no sarcasm meant.
<quoted text>
The bible teaches you to go to not dwell at night, to be your brother's keeper, and to treat your body as a temple.
Mr. Coons, while my body may not be immaculate as a temple, I didn't have to read a bible not to do drugs. While I have belief in God, and have prayed, I think he knows I have enough brains to do the right thing in not doing drugs.

Also, while I haven't had the greatest life on earth, what I see with people that I have known who have been addicted (or terminally addicted), they have had more excuses for doing the wrong thing than doing the right thing. Furthermore, God created (so most of you say...) everything, including drugs! If God were so perfect...there would be NO DRUGS.

Therefore I think that with your premise...there may be some abridgement in order with the bible. It may appear to this writer, updating is in order!
skeptik

Oakham, MA

#18 Dec 9, 2007
Christina wrote:
Sounds like you're ticked off because you were on that idiots "gift list" and the ol' Grinch in the blue suit took the presents!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Clinton, MA

#20 Dec 9, 2007
Red Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I wondered why I hadn't heard much about "family values" in awhile. Then it occurred to me that many in the "family values" crowd have been getting caught toe-tapping in public restrooms so they decided not to advertise their moral superiority quite so much after that.
Ken Burgess

Oxford, MA

#21 Dec 10, 2007
WHY are these drug dealers OUT ON BAIL ? Isn't there room in the prisons ? Once again Judge Curran "lets the criminals walk..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 4 hr BillyBob 93
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) 5 hr BillyBob 18
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 6 hr Citizen X 40
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) Wed Hiding 156
This time I really mean it. Really. Wed fitch 49
lynch Distorts the Truth Once Again Tue Lynch Clone 6
Where is Kevin Lynch? Dec 22 Saggitarious 35

Leominster News Video

Leominster Dating
Find my Match