S.2183:Less Power To The People,more to the telecom utility industry...

Posted in the Leominster Forum

“writeinaaronarse nault.com”

Since: May 14

Leominster

#1 Jun 21, 2014
There's a bill on deck that would give the telecommunications industry more power than municipalities in placement of wireless communication antennae. S.2183 is receiving an 11th hour push from the telecommunications lobby to get in an element that would render Mass communities powerless to remove or have any say in where "any person" places an antenna. Any building or structure in the state is open game but not utility poles.Utility poles are off-limits in accordance with S.2183.
Mass communities might consider following Quincy's lead and petition the legislature to not legislate away the ability to at least work with the telecommunications industry on installation placement..
The DPU has passed down a decree of characteristically flawless logic,when rates are really high like they are right now-just use less electricity.
(please visit my blog Arsenault For Senator on blogger to view the complete post with links to information resources.)
What the

Leominster, MA

#2 Jul 19, 2014
What is the matter with these people?! Filing last minute amendments to bills at the behest of the telecom industry lobbyists so that the public has no opportunity to respond. Well, I've got a way to respond. With my vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lapidus will make $235G as FSU head Sun sally 2
Poll Where is Kevin Lynch? (Nov '14) May 23 Hey dum dum 65
Lynch Fest 2015 May 23 Civil Servant Sup... 15
Review: Fitchburg Tattoo Co (Apr '10) May 22 insider 29
News Leominster man arrested in Fitchburg murder May 22 insider 1
News Couple charged in alleged tussle with Leominste... May 22 insider 1
News At Fitchburg State, a dream with every diploma May 20 Tammy 2
More from around the web

Leominster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE