Lunenburg updated on plans for Summer St.

Feb 22, 2013 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise 12

The Montachusett Regional Planning Commission is encouraging Lunenburg to host public hearings on the redevelopment of Summer Street, in conjunction with Leominster and Fitchburg, because the road travels through all three communities.

Full Story
Lunenburg resident

Leominster, MA

#1 Feb 24, 2013
I believe the third option is best.
The other option of a center turning lane, no one here knows how to use it, It would cause more accidents. The John Fitch one doesn't work. Don't need side walks the roar would be plenty wide.
This is just my opinion.
Lance A

Leominster, MA

#2 Feb 24, 2013
I for one am happy they have the disposable money for the bike path. I would be out there right now peddling if we had a bike path!
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Feb 24, 2013
A connector should land on this street.
Devils Advocate

Gaithersburg, MD

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
A connector should land on this street.
Yeah, that's it! Brilliant!!!
Wht don't they just tear up the railroad tracks and build a connector right off of the I190/Rt2 interchange and run it into downtown Fitchburg?
Huh

Brimfield, MA

#5 Feb 25, 2013
You're a waterhead.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Feb 25, 2013
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's it! Brilliant!!!
Wht don't they just tear up the railroad tracks and build a connector right off of the I190/Rt2 interchange and run it into downtown Fitchburg?
No, go above the tracks!
Anonymous

Middlesboro, KY

#7 May 17, 2013
I hope they figure something out.
Rollstone

Forestdale, MA

#8 May 17, 2013
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, go above the tracks!
George Bourque (I know that you have no idea who he was, Lynch) proposed an elevated highway over the railroad right of way in 1963. When it would have been helpful. Like the Lowell and New Bedford connectors (I'm sure that these are not familiar to you, Lynch, as you spent many years in stir after your closed circuit life on L Street and the RMV yanked your license shortly thereafter, limiting your ability to explore the rest of the Commonwealth. traffic to what? Commonwealth), this would be a road to nowhere today. What are you seeking to provide access to? The methadone clinics? Three Pyramids? Subsidized housing for felons like Lynch?

First things first. Demolish buildings that are only potential multiple alarm fires. Become business friendly. Develop downtown housing that will appeal to people who want to live in Inman Square but can't find something that they can afford and can commute to work using the train. Everything else will follow.
Wickedguy

Concord, MA

#9 May 17, 2013
Rollstone wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bourque (I know that you have no idea who he was, Lynch) proposed an elevated highway over the railroad right of way in 1963. When it would have been helpful. Like the Lowell and New Bedford connectors (I'm sure that these are not familiar to you, Lynch, as you spent many years in stir after your closed circuit life on L Street and the RMV yanked your license shortly thereafter, limiting your ability to explore the rest of the Commonwealth. traffic to what? Commonwealth), this would be a road to nowhere today. What are you seeking to provide access to? The methadone clinics? Three Pyramids? Subsidized housing for felons like Lynch?
First things first. Demolish buildings that are only potential multiple alarm fires. Become business friendly. Develop downtown housing that will appeal to people who want to live in Inman Square but can't find something that they can afford and can commute to work using the train. Everything else will follow.
Exactly, Fitchburg is now limited in developing and expanding in this ERA then it was in the INDUSTRIAL era of 60 years ago.

Why?

1.) We have a small river running thru the most of the city and the main downtown area this means will always need bridges..

2.) We have bridges that are low and outdated and unfortuneately cannot be replaced with higher bridges unless millions of dollars are used to restructure the land around each bridge and the flow of the river.

3.) We have train tracks running along the river thru all parts of the city.

4.) This is the biggest reason ! We have HILLS! Leominster is successful because they have FLAT land! Take an economic course and you will learn that a community like ours with land that is 75% hills will not be prosperous in developing. Only communities such as Worcestor with a lower percentage of hills is successful or a large city as San Fransico with higher income residents.

5.) Half of our city (52%) is in West Fitchburg (Cleghorn)and because of those French carpenters we have 3-6 decker homes built on hills and these areas will never be developed.

6.) Many of our residents are welfare dependent so hgher end businesses and stores will not develop here. We will never see a "Natick" mall. Economic class 101 tells you that you have to have enough residents that can afford those stores. This is why we have fast food, convienance stores and used car sales here.

7.) Because of all of the above tractor trailer trucks cannot access many parts of the city without complications if they are developed. Trucking companies want easy and quick access and so do the businesses.

Sorry but Fitchburg was the city to live and work in back in the 50's,60's, 70's because it was a MILL city and people were not on WELFARE then. The mills utilized the river and the railroad was built for the mills.

THOSE DAYS ARE GONE and unless you can make the city FLAT, stop the RIVER, remove the BRIDGES, vacate the WELFARE population, there is nothing that can change the city to be developed that resembles other cities such as Natick, Framingham and even Leominster.
Blue light

Fitchburg, MA

#10 May 18, 2013
Lynch is a moron. Seriously, he's obviously mentally challenged with the comprehension level of a 6 year old.

Why are you a retard, Lynch? Did mommy drink while you were in utero?
Wickedguy

Gardner, MA

#11 May 18, 2013
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, go above the tracks!
So for some unknown reason you think that the Feds and the State believe that Fitchburg is worth spending billions on to construct a highway above the train tracks that will cost as much as the big dig?

Now you have stated some far fetched comments on here in the past but this one is really far out there!
Stop trolling

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Jun 16, 2013
Shouldn't this be on the Lunenburg Topix rather than the Fitchburg forum? What does this have to do with Fitchburg?

I'll tell you who you should be very afraid of, Kevin Lynch. Did you know he assaulted an off duty cop, EMT and others? He also served prison time for killing an unarmed guy who just wante to go to a house party.

And this lynch character has the nerve to run for mayor. Be afraid, be very afraid. He's a menace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This time I really mean it. Really. 5 hr Lynch 1
Fattman cries foul over defaced signs 7 hr Tammy 32
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 19 hr Lynch Clone 68
Do you approve of Jennifer Flanagan as State Se... (Nov '11) 19 hr Harold Lennerton 3
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. Mon Jtn 32
Current Fitchburg Mon Jtn 6
Family mourns loss of young mother devoted to b... (Jul '09) Sun Kevin Lynch 41

Leominster News Video

Leominster Dating
Find my Match

Leominster Jobs

Leominster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Leominster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Leominster

Personal Finance