Doneckers closing?

Full story: LancasterOnline

Rumors are swirling about the fate of Doneckers, with indications that some or all of its operations might be shutting their doors in the coming weeks.
Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Customer and Employee

Axton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

In the 70's and 80's Donecker's was the best place for good men's clothes. Fillings and TMB were too stodgy, and I grew up in Lancaster. Bill Donecker hired me as a teenager to work in the Men's Store. It was a great experience, and a very good company to work for. I'm a bit nosalgic and saddened to hear of its closing.
NiceWeather

Swarthmore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

My husband and I would stay at the Inns at Doneckers on our anniversary. We sometimes bought a candle or Christamas ornament at their store to celebrate, and a few times had dinner in the restaurant. We would go to the town to shop. everyonr seemed pleasant and helpful. We always enjoyed our time there. We are so sad to hear that they have closed. We were one of the last couples to stay at the 1777 House, last October. We had a lovely time. There really is no place like it! I understand that the new owners plan to 'modernize'. I'm very sorry to hear that. What made it special was that it was quaint and charming. We really will miss being there next weekend, but we still have our fond memories. To everyone who made Doneckers possible, who made special memories happen, who made the Inns such a charming place, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You will surely be missed.
Retired Career Woman

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

While working as an executive secretary to the CEO of a Lehigh Valley company, I was always very well- dressed thanks to shopping at Donecker's. Their prices were reasonable - if you happened to be a careful shopper. They always had great things on sale. Every store marks things up. They are not in business for charity and I NEVER found an arrogant sales person there. I don't have the same clothing needs now that I'm retired, but I still lament not being able to shop at Donecker's. It was always worth the trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Leola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Leola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••