Hillcrest Educational Centers a horri...
Pickard

Lenox, MA

#25 Nov 30, 2011
superfann wrote:
Wheres my freakin angelinas grinder reeeealy.
Is there meaning to your comment?
Flobaeker

Pittsfield, MA

#26 Dec 1, 2011
Ellie wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what is your intelligent response to people who work harder in one day than you will ever work in a lifetime and hardly get paid anything for it?
As far as your obsession with North Adams, get over it already. You write the same thing in all your posts no matter the topic. Did it ever occur to you that there are people who post on these forums who live no where near you? Seems like you are only aware of two small towns and haven't ever been out of Berkshire County your entire life.
The anticipation is killing you. You can't wait. Lusting after family membets have turned you into more of a loser than you already are. Hurry up and move to North Adams - its the only way your kind get satisfied.
jewbag1

Pittsfield, MA

#27 Dec 25, 2011
The Administration are jerks. I hope itgets shut down.
really

United States

#28 Feb 20, 2012
What happened to program director scott hadley
no balz

United States

#29 Feb 20, 2012
really wrote:
What happened to program director scott hadley
lets get the truth about scott hello rich be liar
gunner

United States

#30 Feb 21, 2012
Joe Blow wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of mistreatment?
as long as rich beliar is associated with hec it will not be good to work there
hecsux

Lexington, MA

#31 Feb 29, 2012
rich is the a used car salesman for the most part. He is sooooo fake as ahuman being. A pittifull person. Ive heard the bosses at this shit hole act like cops to the workers. Richie rich from lenox thinks hes big shit.
no balz

United States

#32 Mar 1, 2012
What happened to scott haskell program director at the center campus
hecsux

Lexington, MA

#33 Mar 7, 2012
The fired him after many years of dedication
forwhat

United States

#34 Apr 6, 2012
I heard hillcrest saves a lot. of money that should be spent at least half a mil and gives it to employees whats up with that b.s. the director should be in prison
tobadd

United States

#35 Apr 9, 2012
Christmas gifts not bonuses none the less burke should be in prison in my opinion.
Tim Brelsford

Albany, NY

#36 May 31, 2012
disgruntled wrote:
This Berkshire County employer is a horrible place to work. They treat the employees like slaves. HEC has ruined a once good reputation by mistreating their employees.
I ran across this forum and started reading the replies on how HEC was a horrible place to work etc. I spent 10 years working for HEC and in that 10 years were some of the best times I have ever spent with an employer. Thus leaving in 2009 for another opportunity, at times regrets leaving the HEC family. I have able to obtain my AS, BS, and MBA with the help of HEC.
When you say the Administration doesn’t not care: 100% false.
Just to make others rich: 100% false.
They treat their employees like slaves: 100% false
I had worked my way up from a CCW to ADP. During the 10 years at HEC, I ran into heart problems while I was a Assistant Supervisor. Any other company could have release my job and hired a new person. They took care of me and left the position open until I returned. When I could not afford the Insurance anymore, they said “ don’t worry about it, get better”.
HEC has the hardest of the hard kids in the tri-state. Other program will not even look at these kids twice. Most students they accept have an average IQ of 60 or lower, physically abused, mentally abused, and sexually abused. To realize that the students they treat can be physically abusive because they are fighters, because they have been hurt and that is the only way they know how to interact with people. To work with these students is hard but satisfying. When the students leave, they have had the best treatment possible, and no other program could have done better.
Reality, the pay isn’t good for any human service field job. From CCW to CEO, the pay sucks badly. What isn’t seen is what happens behind the scenes from the directors, VP, CEO, etc. So many crisis management takes place that leaves them away from their families possible for days on end. The Christmas Bonus, although I haven’t been there since 1/09, they tried their best to give the employees something.
Before you judge the company, sit back and take a real look at what they have done for so many students. Every work place has employees that have a cliché, but when comes down to it everyone is a family and is there for you. You just need to speak up and ask for help.
yourdadgotujob

Medford, MA

#37 Jul 2, 2012
that sounds good but what your 1 out of 10,000 workers that went through the hec experience. Your dad probally knew some one that worked there. Still probally not the greatest place to work. You saying false is based on your biased experience.
ancient

Pittsfield, MA

#38 Jul 16, 2012
h.e.c. is a money factory for six or seven people to get realy rich. They have the community fooled with their marketing and community involvement but more and more people are comming to understand what h.e.c. is really about. It's so hard for them to keep employees that they go to forgien countries to recruit people, making them sign a 2 or 3 year contract. They have bought so many houses in town to house them. How does that help our community. They say they are non profit.How much real estate tax does the city lose. How many local jobs are lost to forginers. Then when someone does leave mostly from being fired they do every thing possible to ruin their lives. The more I think about it the more I hope they get whats comming to them. Maybe their autistic program will fail or maybe they will have to pay out the benifits oued to their ex employees. I have never been an employee of h.e.c. but know 12 or 14 people tht were. They screwed 10 of them one way or another and the other 2 died. In conclusion STAY FAR AWAY FROM HILCREST EDUCATIONAL CENTERS
nervousparent

Pittsfield, MA

#39 Jul 28, 2012
I came across this site when I was researching a place for my son to go to school. My son is autistic. After hearing about the awfull things that have taken place here, we have determined hillcrest is not a safe place for our chld. Im so sorry for all the employees that have dedicated themselves to this currupt institution. Its not the common workers fault, the people at the administrative end are to blame. Our school distric representitive and my husband met with a man from Hillcrest to cunduct an intake. This man was smug and appeared to care more about his wallet then my son. We all understand its a bussiness but to go to the extremes that this palce goes to make money is appalling. We are currently working with our congressman to complete an investigation on this currupt, greedy, so called non profit.
falsestatemnet

Pittsfield, MA

#40 Jul 28, 2012
I worked at hec for 5 years. No advancement, no help despite asking numerous times. This tim guy is probally part of the good old boy system of HEC. 1 thing I recall is that 90% of the admin people are power hungry and think there better then everyone else. Kids are being housed there thats it. No treatment no help. If I were to see any hec people outside I would stay far away from them. Y? Because I personally dont associate with scum bags. Gooooooooooooood for you Tim. The guy who said your dad go you the job is probally right.
Noodles

United States

#41 Jul 28, 2012
nervousparent wrote:
I came across this site when I was researching a place for my son to go to school. My son is autistic. After hearing about the awfull things that have taken place here, we have determined hillcrest is not a safe place for our chld. Im so sorry for all the employees that have dedicated themselves to this currupt institution. Its not the common workers fault, the people at the administrative end are to blame. Our school distric representitive and my husband met with a man from Hillcrest to cunduct an intake. This man was smug and appeared to care more about his wallet then my son. We all understand its a bussiness but to go to the extremes that this palce goes to make money is appalling. We are currently working with our congressman to complete an investigation on this currupt, greedy, so called non profit.
Keep digging you will find what you are looking for - its a grimey company. HI JERRY!!
equal opportunity

Hinsdale, MA

#42 Jul 29, 2012
I have never met anyone working there that did not hate the place.. Wow! Sounds like their managers might need to learn about the humanity required to participate in human services.
terrible place

Great Barrington, MA

#43 Aug 1, 2012
Yes, it is a terrible place. They brainwash you to believe they are wonderful. Then you see what kind of people they allow to "handle" the kids, and you try to advocate for those same kids, as the person who "mishandles" them is supported while you are treated like something is wrong with you! Very scary place, the best thing I ever did was leave that place, after many years, just couldnt take it anymore. Definitely a "good ole boys " network.
richierich

Medford, MA

#44 Aug 2, 2012
A.O. are jerks. There gonna go to hell probally if there is such a place. I cant judge them but god will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Farley-Bouvier Calling for DCF Changes In... (Feb '14) 6 hr DCF CPS DSS are ... 142
News Pittsfield approves water, sewer rate hike for ... 6 hr cops are degener... 1
News Good reason to celebrate: Berkshire parents reu... 7 hr DCF CPS DSS are ... 7
News Pittsfield Police Log for Friday, Jan. 15 to Su... 7 hr DCF CPS DSS are ... 18
News Five arrested on drug, conspiracy charges 14 hr Moms my sister 2
North Adams poorest in MSN 14 hr Moms my sister 4
Don't Be Using A Moniker That Don't Belong To Y... Wed Tommeex 1

Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenox Mortgages