BIANCHI to run unopposed ?

Posted in the Lenox Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cory

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Mar 22, 2013
Several sources say the opposition faction have no one to run against incumbent Pittsfield mayor Dan Bianchi. Former mayor Jim Ruberto has been mentioned as a possible opponent, but highly unlikely. Talk about the luck of rhe draw !
Wankie

North Adams, MA

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Cory wrote:
Several sources say the oppion faction have no one to run against incumbent Pittsfield mayor Dan Bianchi. Former mayor Jim Ruberto has been mentioned as a possible opponent, but highly unlikely. Talk about the luck of rhe draw !
DON'T COUNT OUT,THE PLANET! It would be very interesting because the Planet has gained a massive following.
No reason

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
There is no reason for the G.O.B.s to run aaginst Bianchi. They control his every move. He's become one of them. The gravy train runs while the taxpayer is raped. They've got it made.
Pittsfield politics

Amherst, NH

#4 Mar 22, 2013
I don't believe that Mayor Dan Biachi is a Good Old Boy. I also don't see him standing up the Good Old Boys either. What would be the point? After all, the Good Old Boys run the city....(into the ground). I would vote for Bianchi for Mayor. He knows how to run Pittsfield, despite the Good Old Boys influence.
Ole Man

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Mar 23, 2013
Wankie wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T COUNT OUT,THE PLANET! It would be very interesting because the Planet has gained a massive following.
Dan Valenti will NEVER be mayor of Pittsfield! 2 reasons - 1. He'll never run. 2. See reason 1. He knows that he'd lose - even Pam Malumphy would beat him.
lovegate scandal

Lincolnville, ME

#6 Mar 23, 2013
And then there's that issue of an Alien Love Child that he seems reluctant to address on his daily blog. He hasn't denied that there is an Alien Love Child or confirmed it.
not so fast

United States

#7 Mar 23, 2013
Ole Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Valenti will NEVER be mayor of Pittsfield! 2 reasons - 1. He'll never run. 2. See reason 1. He knows that he'd lose - even Pam Malumphy would beat him.
Dan would clean up. Good Old Boys are scared to death that he will run. They are peeing their pants.
Berserkshire Playhouse

Lincolnville, ME

#8 Mar 23, 2013
I actually can't remember when Pittsfield had a mayor I could believe in! Every couple of years we get a choice, if that's what you want to call it, between one crummy candidate or the other crummy candidate. That's our choice. If that's what you want to call it! The only certain thing I could count on was that which ever one was chosen was going to be a disappointment. And everyone one of them lived up to that expectation.
Not so Great Barrington

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Mar 23, 2013
Berserkshire Playhouse wrote:
I actually can't remember when Pittsfield had a mayor I could believe in! Every couple of years we get a choice, if that's what you want to call it, between one crummy candidate or the other crummy candidate. That's our choice. If that's what you want to call it! The only certain thing I could count on was that which ever one was chosen was going to be a disappointment. And everyone one of them lived up to that expectation.
A person from that shltty waste of space called Great barrington has a lot of nerve pointing fingers at any other town. Clean up your shlthole town first, then point fingers.
Tony

Pittsfield, MA

#10 Mar 23, 2013
Bianchi has earned the loyalty of the GOB's, by keeping everything status quo and only playing the kiddie politics game without any change that matters. No jobs, no new industry,more taxes, municipal pay raises,wasted spending,$80,000 police cars,a methadone clinic,an expensive airport, and more. All of Ruberto's people are still in power and working in their appointed positions. Why run a candidate against one of your own ?
What has Bianchi done but smooze with a candy glaze ?
sad and pathetic

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Mar 23, 2013
Tony wrote:
Bianchi has earned the loyalty of the GOB's, by keeping everything status quo and only playing the kiddie politics game without any change that matters. No jobs, no new industry,more taxes, municipal pay raises,wasted spending,$80,000 police cars,a methadone clinic,an expensive airport, and more. All of Ruberto's people are still in power and working in their appointed positions. Why run a candidate against one of your own ?
What has Bianchi done but smooze with a candy glaze ?
Tony, you seem to have your finger on the pulse of your city. Most of Bianchis supporters were saddened that they were fooled into thinking he would change the backroom politics of the city. Most of us thought he would, as a finance guy, stand up for the taxpayers and cut some of the obviously crazy spending in the school budget. But apparently he was convinced that it was in his best interest not to touch that sacred cow. It is kind of scary to think why but I refuse to believe there is nothing to cut. Just one more sad mayoralship for Pittsfield and the line just keeps getting longer. The city is cursed to deflate as the bog sucks the financial life out of its very own citizens. How pathetic is that?
Berserkshire Playhouse

Stillwater, ME

#12 Mar 23, 2013
sad and pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, you seem to have your finger on the pulse of your city. Most of Bianchis supporters were saddened that they were fooled into thinking he would change the backroom politics of the city. Most of us thought he would, as a finance guy, stand up for the taxpayers and cut some of the obviously crazy spending in the school budget. But apparently he was convinced that it was in his best interest not to touch that sacred cow. It is kind of scary to think why but I refuse to believe there is nothing to cut. Just one more sad mayoralship for Pittsfield and the line just keeps getting longer. The city is cursed to deflate as the bog sucks the financial life out of its very own citizens. How pathetic is that?
That's right. There'll be no cuts, and the backroom politics will continue plotting and conniving, just like they've always been. And thank satan the city councilors postponed a vote that could have offered some tax relief to residents 60 and older. After all, how would the city rulers convert taxpayers working off part of their taxes into tax incentives/gifts to their favorite causes like $250,000 to Shaker Village, and EV, The Colonial, the Beacon Cinema, Spice, a car dealership, Workshop live. You know, all those worthy, worthy causes that have transformed Pittsfield into the triving metropolis you see here today.
no morals Pittsfield

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Berserkshire Playhouse wrote:
<quoted text>That's right. There'll be no cuts, and the backroom politics will continue plotting and conniving, just like they've always been. And thank satan the city councilors postponed a vote that could have offered some tax relief to residents 60 and older. After all, how would the city rulers convert taxpayers working off part of their taxes into tax incentives/gifts to their favorite causes like $250,000 to Shaker Village, and EV, The Colonial, the Beacon Cinema, Spice, a car dealership, Workshop live. You know, all those worthy, worthy causes that have transformed Pittsfield into the triving metropolis you see here today.
I am glad you mentioned all those poor business owners, especially the multi millionaires who own car dealerships and movie theaters and restaurants. That 82 year old lady on a fixed income will need to work to get her taxes lowered but the millionaire lady only has to give a free meal to the right mayor now and again. How wonderful it must be to be a parasite and feed off the little guy.
arbeit macht frei

Augusta, ME

#14 Mar 23, 2013
no morals Pittsfield wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you mentioned all those poor business owners, especially the multi millionaires who own car dealerships and movie theaters and restaurants. That 82 year old lady on a fixed income will need to work to get her taxes lowered but the millionaire lady only has to give a free meal to the right mayor now and again. How wonderful it must be to be a parasite and feed off the little guy.
Well those 82-year-old little old ladies can breath a little easier now thanks to those kindly city councilors who opted to postpone their arbeit macht frei pogroms for the elderly. Opting instead to grab every last dime they ever made to support Pittsfield's thriving cultural district and all those worthy projects that bring joy and a sense of well-being to the community. Which will trickle down to the elderly thus rewarding them in their twilight years.
Pittsfield politics

Amherst, NH

#15 Mar 23, 2013
Spice went under. KB Toys bankrupt. GE left town. Taxes went up. North Street consumed millions of dollars. Way to go Pittsfield politics.
James

Pittsfield, MA

#16 Mar 23, 2013
All you whiners need to shut up and pay our taxes goddamnit.
non appreciators they are

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Mar 23, 2013
James wrote:
All you whiners need to shut up and pay our taxes goddamnit.
Absolutely! and they should be lucky they are even allowed to live in Pittsfield. Whadda bunch of ingrates.
Pittsfield politics

Amherst, NH

#18 Mar 23, 2013
When I lived in Pittsfield, I saw thousands of local people suffer and die from cancer. GE's Jack Welch left behind cancer causing toxic waste PCBs pollution in the air, ground, and water.
city hall cesspool

Newfane, VT

#19 Mar 26, 2013
So will the current c rummy mayor be turning to the housing project vermin for votes this coming election? And if that's the case, how many of those votes will be legitimate? I won't be voting for him again. I only voted for him in the first place because the choice, if you want to call it that, was between a crummy ***** I absolutely wasn't voting for, or the crum I voted for. I would vote for a pile of dog **** for mayor before I'd vote for him again. Or anyone like him! And I don't agree with four year terms for mayor or paying the school commitee members or the city councilors.
planet tool

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Mar 26, 2013
Wankie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, he'd never win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State dept. tell 700 trapped Americans in Yemen... 1 hr sandy1 2
Brian Williams career shot down: hard landing 4 hr Bibi Netanyahu 2
Baltimore run by Demorats for 50 years, There's... 4 hr Bibi Netanyahu 1
17 states in deep $$ trouble thanks to Obamacar... 4 hr Bibi Netanyahu 1
The global warming winter is a huge boom for VT... 4 hr Bibi Netanyahu 3
The sooner Sharpton is in a pine box & 6ft unde... 4 hr Bibi Netanyahu 1
Black excon THUG shoots NYC cop in the head, bu... 4 hr Bibi Netanyahu 1
More from around the web

Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE