Tug Valley High School

Posted in the Lenore Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
kdk

Logan, WV

#1 Apr 25, 2010
Is there anyone else out there that is discused about the things that go on at TVHS. Things such as drugs being snorted right in the classrooms, sex under the bleachers and stairs.They are not being taught as they should. My child says she is learning almost nothing there although she is a A student. If so ,i think its time we get together and try to straighten this school up. I for one am going to have to take my child out of this school and pay to get her a education so she won't turnout to be one of the welfare recipients on drugs that thinks they can't work.If anyone in the past has tryed to do anything let m know.
Tug Valley Parent

Holden, WV

#2 Apr 26, 2010
kdk wrote:
Is there anyone else out there that is discused about the things that go on at TVHS. Things such as drugs being snorted right in the classrooms, sex under the bleachers and stairs.They are not being taught as they should. My child says she is learning almost nothing there although she is a A student. If so ,i think its time we get together and try to straighten this school up. I for one am going to have to take my child out of this school and pay to get her a education so she won't turnout to be one of the welfare recipients on drugs that thinks they can't work.If anyone in the past has tryed to do anything let m know.Well,
im sure every school in Mingo and Logan county have problems, not just Tug Valley..The problem is.."kids have no respect for the teachers" when paddling was took out of school, so was respect and a good education...Kids know they can get by with whatever because the staff is limited to how they can punish..give them a biff...who cares...put them in iss...who cares...bust their ass and they will care...
asecret

Logan, WV

#3 Apr 27, 2010
Tug Valley Parent wrote:
<quoted text> im sure every school in Mingo and Logan county have problems, not just Tug Valley..The problem is.."kids have no respect for the teachers" when paddling was took out of school, so was respect and a good education...Kids know they can get by with whatever because the staff is limited to how they can punish..give them a biff...who cares...put them in iss...who cares...bust their ass and they will care...
I totally agree
noteven

Logan, WV

#4 Apr 27, 2010
I went to Tug Valley and seen the same things. Fortunate thing about that is my parents were hardworking honest ppl. We didn't get by with anybody. So we took that atitude with us to school. You can send your child to the best school in America but if you don't "Practice What You Preach", it doesn't matter.
Tug Valley Student

Elkview, WV

#5 Apr 27, 2010
HAHA thats hilarious, and no none of that goes on the only thing we worry about at that school is the two cancer rooms none as bathrooms and no all the sex and drugs are happening on the PARENTS watch not the school and as for the respect thing you have to give respect to get it and when these teachers talk down to you and act like you arent worth a damn and another thing alot of successful ppl come out of tug valley and from the ppl ive been with at tug valley there are going to be alot more so get ur head out of ur ass and get your story straight first
Somene

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 28, 2010
Tug Valley Student wrote:
HAHA thats hilarious, and no none of that goes on the only thing we worry about at that school is the two cancer rooms none as bathrooms and no all the sex and drugs are happening on the PARENTS watch not the school and as for the respect thing you have to give respect to get it and when these teachers talk down to you and act like you arent worth a damn and another thing alot of successful ppl come out of tug valley and from the ppl ive been with at tug valley there are going to be alot more so get ur head out of ur ass and get your story straight first
Nice talk for a high school student.
kdk

Logan, WV

#7 Jul 29, 2010
I know what use to be, and i know how kids attitudes are, as one has just show it on here.I know that children have to have respect taught at home , but i also know what will happen if a respectful child gets around all the disrespectful. What i don't know is how things can be stopped there. I was told several yrs ago by one of my children that is not even in school now how bad it was about drugs being taken in the class home, sex in school, and on the bus. THen i heard it again with the second child. I've heard bad things from there friends as well.Whoever wants to run there mouth on here and act like it the teachers disrespecful manner is just one of the kids i'm talking about thats the problem at the school.I know alot of things go on and the teachers turn there heads.
What i don't know is how to make a difference NOW.
asecret

Logan, WV

#8 Jul 29, 2010
For starters REPORT these incidents to the principal and DEMAND them to take action THEN and report back to you with their actions of dealing with your reported incident.MANY times parents assume the teachers are aware of things going on BUT they are NOT.Not because they don't want to know but because they are not told.don't see it or as we ALL know STUDENTS are very clever at hiding things ...covering up and yes telling lies.So HELP them out if your child tells you these things and YOU believe them ,,,,,REPORT IT.
student 2x

Logan, WV

#9 Jul 29, 2010
I myself don't care about school at the moment i just want to enjoy the rest of my summer...... And i agree with the other kid at tvhs we arent bad kids yea the kids at tvhs like to smoke but that isnt bad compared to drugs wich doesnt happen at tvhs school so you parents need to chill and support are school instead of trashing it and to kdk i dont know who you are but the "a" students as you so quated are usually the disrespectfull kids because they have parents who usually raise them up to think their the sh^t when there really not they aint no better than the rest of us kids... chow im out back to enjoying my summer
sure hope not

Normantown, WV

#10 Jul 29, 2010
is julie collins coming back or what
asecret

Logan, WV

#11 Jul 30, 2010
student 2x wrote:
I myself don't care about school at the moment i just want to enjoy the rest of my summer...... And i agree with the other kid at tvhs we arent bad kids yea the kids at tvhs like to smoke but that isnt bad compared to drugs wich doesnt happen at tvhs school so you parents need to chill and support are school instead of trashing it and to kdk i dont know who you are but the "a" students as you so quated are usually the disrespectfull kids because they have parents who usually raise them up to think their the sh^t when there really not they aint no better than the rest of us kids... chow im out back to enjoying my summer
I am inclined to AGREE with you whole heartedly.The comment about the A students is right on the mark.
Thomas J Lucas

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Aug 5, 2010
I attend Tug Valley.

You get out of it, what you put in it.

The teachers treat you like you will be treated in college. If you don't care, why should they?

I have not been the ideal student, but i dont expect to be given something i dont earn. Therefore, if i want to learn they make it available for me to take advantage, but if i dont they dont care, you cant forc someone to do something they dont want to . 3

It's nt the school and the teachers. It's the parents and he students !
non concerned parent

Holden, WV

#13 Aug 5, 2010
I didn't go to TVHS but I know people who have and I know some that go there now soo to the students who commented on this post like one post say the kids will lie. The school is full of drugs, and yes sex is present--yes its not the only school like that and even when I was in high school there was drugs and sex going on. In this area (and others) there is a drug problem and policing this problem does start at home, but at the same time Teachers etc. should also be part of correcting the problem. As far as being an A student-that just means they are taking advantage of whats being taught and yes some students think their sh*t doesn't stink but so do some that are just there to hurry up and graduate. Some are jealous of others and so on. School hasn't changed that much insofar as drugs and sex etc. Kids don't respect teachers and paddling should have never been taken out of school AND teachers are not paid enough--you get what you pay for.
t vhs student

Logan, WV

#14 Aug 5, 2010
to non concerned parent wtf if you never went to tug valley then who the heck are you to judge the school.... just keep your two cents to your self.. yea and i will tell you something i am trying to hurry up and graduate cause im sick of school ... but i am by far jealous of anyone nor anything at my school... i dont have a drug problem and not every person on drugs has parents who use drugs... my mom is an church goer and my dad works hard to support my family. so dont refer to the drug use as an whole area.....im trying not to sound hatefull or like a smart as$ but thats just how i feel i agree with student 2x the a students are the dissrespectfull ones and if you went to tug valey you would now that most of the a kids do nothing in school.... well maybe two or three do...
non concerned parent

Holden, WV

#15 Aug 6, 2010
To Tvhs student--I never implied the "whole area" is on drugs, but realistically there is a major pill problem here and as I stated before its in other areas too. I have relatives and a wife that went to TV and some that are there now plus I have kids also. I wasn't slamming TV or its students, like I said that stuff was around when I went to school also. If I offended u I apologize, that wasn't my intent. I was really responding to the original post and a couple more--just pointing out stuff that goes on at TV is no different from every other school past or present. Even though I personally didn't graduate from there-I still support TV because my family has went there and some still do plus my kids will go there. And I know not every student parties etc. Its no different from any school past or present. Some parents forget what school was like when they graduated or they say they didn't do the drugs etc. I graduated 20 plus years ago but I remember what is was like and I don't party now and havn't in years, but I did in highschool, I even skipped when I could lol. But I also went on to college. So I meant no judgement on you or any particular student. Some parents expect and think that TV and other schools should be perfect and they get bent out of shape if they hear so and so did this or that but its all good 'cause it happens everwhere and it always will. BTW don't get in too big of a hurry--life after school is tough too lol Wish u the best.
WillB

Hilliard, OH

#16 Aug 9, 2010
kdk wrote:
Is there anyone else out there that is discused about the things that go on at TVHS. Things such as drugs being snorted right in the classrooms, sex under the bleachers and stairs.They are not being taught as they should. My child says she is learning almost nothing there although she is a A student. If so ,i think its time we get together and try to straighten this school up. I for one am going to have to take my child out of this school and pay to get her a education so she won't turnout to be one of the welfare recipients on drugs that thinks they can't work.If anyone in the past has tryed to do anything let m know.
Well I graduated in 95 from Tug Valley and they was issue that went on even back then. But things like that always goes on in any high school. Everyone of you need to sit back and remember when you went to High School and the things you did and tried to get away with.
kdk

Logan, WV

#17 Aug 9, 2010
When i started this post, i only ask if anyone was upset or knew what could help at tvhs. My son has told me storys that go on there. Then my daughter attended last yr and told me she didn't believe the things that she was told until she saw them. I'm talking a student snored drugs right off his desk in the classroom. Thats just one excample. What goes on in the yes(filthy) bathrooms? Do the teachers turn there heads or what? Why aren't cameras installed, in bathrooms, no i don't mean in the stalls. Why not cameras or mirrors in the back of the classrooms? Theres no need for sex (bl*w jo*s going on in the buses. Wheres the cameras or some sort of help to stop this. Its not about whos A students and who is not. Both my kids where well accepted at school or there not just telling me made up stories. There is a problem at this school that could be helped if the parents got together and demanded some sort of help.
non concerned parent

Holden, WV

#18 Aug 9, 2010
WillB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I graduated in 95 from Tug Valley and they was issue that went on even back then. But things like that always goes on in any high school. Everyone of you need to sit back and remember when you went to High School and the things you did and tried to get away with.
Thats my point also, I am glad I am not the only one that remembers or "forgot". And to K.. its not that we don't care about what goes on but if you raised your child right then its up to them to make the rt. decisions just as it was when I and you went. Cameras in the bathroom??? Its highschool not prision and who wants some pervert watching a young girl or boy in the bathroom.
to kdk

Holden, WV

#19 Aug 9, 2010
haha i think this is funny and i hope no one at our school is stupid enough to snort drugs in the classroom that was a lie... yes i will agree the bathrooms are nasty haha and if your kid told you about are bathrooms i bet he should hve told you theres only one stall and the doors falling off haha
sheesh

Paintsville, KY

#20 Aug 10, 2010
kdk wrote:
what makes this school any different from the schools in the area? yeah, it's disgusting to hear about how these kids are doing such things, but from as long as i can remember, this stuff has been going on in these schools for years. if you're that worried about your kid, go ahead and jerk them out of school and have them home-schooled. the school doesn't really have anything to do with your child growing up to be on welfare. things happen sometimes and there's no need to categorize those who are receiving welfare as 'uneducated', it's more-so a personal choice not how the school system is. if your kid is paying attention in school like they should, then they will get an education and go towards a career. it's not so much the school's fault, i went there and have seen all this first-hand, because they do try to crack down on everything. kids bring their home life to school, so it's more-so the parenting more than anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie Hatfield fighting dilapidated buildings 18 min I know the truth 1
Council meeting 😡 5 hr Tax payer 1
Russell Ooten 7 hr lady 14
Is Gary Stepp from the Bowling Alley A Convicte... (May '12) 16 hr DearlyDeparted 49
croc browning and angeline lester 23 hr SUMMER 1
Jen tidwell Sat What the 15
who going to dandys to party tonight (Dec '10) Fri Suzie Q 9

Lenore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenore Mortgages