2 cases of swine flu @ lenore k-8

2 cases of swine flu @ lenore k-8

Posted in the Lenore Forum

parent of 2

Williamson, WV

#1 Sep 29, 2009
There are cases of swine flu that is @ lenore k-8. Over heard a teacher talking about it..
momma

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2009
my child goes to school at tug valley and overheard a teaching there saying there were a few kids with it..i think its a shame they are trying to keep it hush hush
Parent

Williamson, WV

#3 Sep 30, 2009
Can't believe parents are not been told
lol

Logan, WV

#4 Sep 30, 2009
i go 2 lenore and there are 4sure at least 2 cases at lenore k-8.i hope this info was helpful.
truth

Kermit, WV

#5 Sep 30, 2009
if you want to know the truth call the health dept. they have to give you information. but they can not release names to you.
parent of lenore k-8

Williamson, WV

#6 Sep 30, 2009
trust me if they had swine flu they would be in the hospital. this is a very serious virus, i just had a family member that was in the hospital for 3 weeks. she about died from it....i dont' think that teachers would be hush about it because they don't want to catch either.
over reacting

Peach Creek, WV

#7 Oct 1, 2009
People are over reacting about the swine flu. There are two types of flu, flu A and Flu B. Swine flu is a type of flu A. The treatment is the same for flu A and swine flu. Yes, people have died from swine flu, but what some don't realize is that thousands of people die from regular flu every year. I work in a hospital and I happen to know that when a flu screen is positive for flu A, it is no longer even sent to the state lab to check to see if it is swine flu because the treatment is the same. Any patient that is admitted into the hospital with the flu is put in isolation, regardless of whether or not it is swine flu. Everyone needs to calm down, wash their hands and cover their mouths. Stay home if you are sick, stay home if you are worried about getting sick.
parent

Great Cacapon, WV

#8 Oct 2, 2009
Thank you for letting these people know this my child is 3 and has type A flu right now, my doctot took the time to explain to me just what you said, this was great information for everyone who is worried
over reacting wrote:
People are over reacting about the swine flu. There are two types of flu, flu A and Flu B. Swine flu is a type of flu A. The treatment is the same for flu A and swine flu. Yes, people have died from swine flu, but what some don't realize is that thousands of people die from regular flu every year. I work in a hospital and I happen to know that when a flu screen is positive for flu A, it is no longer even sent to the state lab to check to see if it is swine flu because the treatment is the same. Any patient that is admitted into the hospital with the flu is put in isolation, regardless of whether or not it is swine flu. Everyone needs to calm down, wash their hands and cover their mouths. Stay home if you are sick, stay home if you are worried about getting sick.
wonderin

Logan, WV

#9 Oct 2, 2009
if this is true shouldnt the school be shut down. I have 2 kids that go there and i know that it is something like the other flu but my kids get sick easly anyway.
mingo parent

Williamson, WV

#10 Oct 4, 2009
you dont stay in the hospital for the swine flu, they give you shots and send you home, and then if you was to get worse they admit you in, my cousin just had it...
Amused

Delbarton, WV

#11 Oct 4, 2009
Think you may have left out Type C...then there's the subtypes of A, which is the only type with subtypes.

Yes everyone should be concerned....the hopitals are filling up fast with swine flu cases. And as I just heard on the news tonight a child died from complications just 3 days after the first symptom.

No, not everyone dies from complications of the swine flu and the swine flu does not cause death, it is from complications such as pneumonia that may develop.

Also, fyi..they still test for swine, how else can the CDC keep track of the results. I don't know what hospital you say you work at but I really wouldn't want to be in your careless hands.

Overreacting...I think not, especially when it comes to your children!
over reacting wrote:
People are over reacting about the swine flu. There are two types of flu, flu A and Flu B. Swine flu is a type of flu A. The treatment is the same for flu A and swine flu. Yes, people have died from swine flu, but what some don't realize is that thousands of people die from regular flu every year. I work in a hospital and I happen to know that when a flu screen is positive for flu A, it is no longer even sent to the state lab to check to see if it is swine flu because the treatment is the same. Any patient that is admitted into the hospital with the flu is put in isolation, regardless of whether or not it is swine flu. Everyone needs to calm down, wash their hands and cover their mouths. Stay home if you are sick, stay home if you are worried about getting sick.
ashleys friend

Peach Creek, WV

#12 Oct 6, 2009
well look around you ppl ... it is killing .. not everyone .. but there has been at least 5 in our area .. so hell yes its alot worse than ppl seem to think.. and reamber if you do get sick stay home... and please cover you dam mouth when you cough...
yess

Logan, WV

#13 Oct 8, 2009
ashleys friend wrote:
well look around you ppl ... it is killing .. not everyone .. but there has been at least 5 in our area .. so hell yes its alot worse than ppl seem to think.. and reamber if you do get sick stay home... and please cover you dam mouth when you cough...
theres been 4 deaths in kentucky and 2 in west virginia,, that is in each state..right now its not as serious as everyones acting,, the only reason you dont hear about people diein from seasonal flu is they dont broadcast it to everyone.

36000 people die a year from the seasonal flu.
as a matter of fact from january 2009 to april, 13000 died from the seasonal flu.

but, i do agree they need to close school down until it dies down , because its attacking younger healthy people.
suggestion

Belfry, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2009
how about no one send their kids to school next week?
Good Idea

Belfry, KY

#15 Oct 9, 2009
suggestion wrote:
how about no one send their kids to school next week?
Great idea I think that is what we all need to band together and do. Hopefully it would help some. Maybe if we took a week or so off they will have to do something about all this. I am just concerned for my children's safety and health. SO let's all spread the word not to send our children to school at all next week.
sounds good

Belfry, KY

#16 Oct 9, 2009
Good Idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea I think that is what we all need to band together and do. Hopefully it would help some. Maybe if we took a week or so off they will have to do something about all this. I am just concerned for my children's safety and health. SO let's all spread the word not to send our children to school at all next week.
sounds good to me
parent of 2

Williamson, WV

#17 Oct 9, 2009
My kids has been sick this week.. with allergies I have kept them home all week.. I'm not sending them down there in this mess, kids with there head stuck down in trash cans, rolling in the floor with stomach pain, fevers so high that they glow.. I'm not taking any chance's with my kids their lives are to precious to me...espec.with asthma.
wondering

Belfry, KY

#18 Oct 9, 2009
parent of 2 wrote:
My kids has been sick this week.. with allergies I have kept them home all week.. I'm not sending them down there in this mess, kids with there head stuck down in trash cans, rolling in the floor with stomach pain, fevers so high that they glow.. I'm not taking any chance's with my kids their lives are to precious to me...espec.with asthma.
hey are you keeping them out any next week??? i think we all need to keep our youngins home next week for the whole week...what do you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Williamson Mayor Resigns 1 hr foundoubt 13
Create your own Forum 3 hr Jonas 736
crum school 6 hr President of Crum 23
Water Bills 7 hr Jeny 4
3-way 14 hr Never5050 13
What can you tell me about the AVALON? (Jun '12) 14 hr Never5050 84
Tedra Dotson 15 hr Never5050 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenore Mortgages