Convicted murderer up for parole

Full story: Arkansas City Traveler

A parole hearing was to be held this morning for Timothy Monasmith in Garden City.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cheyenne Ortiz

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 1, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't think he should be eligable for parole. I tink if he can kill somebody, he should suffer for his crime. most of the time people who do little things like beat someone get alot of time than any one else. So I think he should spend the rest of his life in prison for murdering someones dad and grandpa, brother.
topwhop45

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 7, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sounds like a case of vengence to Me ! If this man was sent to prison for something he didn't do in the first place, then the courts didn't do their job right the first time. but if He's realy guilty then an eye for an eye should be the only right thing to do in his case.. check into thois case before you decide further on another mans life..
Neighbor Killed

Crane, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 10, 2006
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The family of Mr. Monosmith moved into a house, after the murder. The same house where Mr. Monosmith murdered his victim. Mr. West was just a nice old man. I was his neighbor. It made me sick to know that the Monosmith family had no problem moving into the house, the same house that Tim broke into and murdered Mr. West in. The blood did not even have time to dry. Tim's grandfather died in prison, after he murdered his young wife. Must run in the family. Burn in prison!
Family Member

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 22, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Neighbor Killed wrote:
The family of Mr. Monosmith moved into a house, after the murder. The same house where Mr. Monosmith murdered his victim. Mr. West was just a nice old man. I was his neighbor. It made me sick to know that the Monosmith family had no problem moving into the house, the same house that Tim broke into and murdered Mr. West in. The blood did not even have time to dry. Tim's grandfather died in prison, after he murdered his young wife. Must run in the family. Burn in prison!
First off you really should get all your facts straight before you post a comment. Tims grandfather did not die in prison. He died in 1988 a free man, yes he was convicted of the murder of his wife. As far as them living in the house I do not know if it is true, I am related to them both but have never lived in the same town. My father did not want me to have any connection to them as he always said they were troublemakers. But my point is you cant judge every member of the family do to the actions of a couple family members. And in fact this was the second parole hearing that Tim has had, I was at the first three years ago and he was passed for parole. I was never told the real story about his crime and found out first hand at that hearing. I will admit that once I found out the truth I never talked to him again and refuse to every speak to him. I think he should remain in prison for the rest of his natural life. My mother lives in Arkansas City and I go there to visit, my point is that I have youg children and hate the fact that some small minded people might treat them badly simply because of there last name. They have only met one member of that family and she doesnt even have the Monasmith last name. So I hope that people will see this and think twice about treating someone a certain way because of there family.
inmate 0081501

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 15, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

he did his time and payed his dues leave him alone

“EDITOR : Coffeyville Ks.”

Since: Dec 06

Coffeyville Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 15, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

inmate 0081501 wrote:
he did his time and payed his dues leave him alone
Why is Kansas such a Hate State of USA ? I agree that all people who pay thier dues should be left alone No matter what crimes they commited in any state. there's a different kinda world Inmate that your living in now days. Welcome back to the realworld. And good luck on your recovery of finding the places you missed out on the most...Why can't Kansas people just get along for once without all the dumbasses trying to stir shit up everywhere they go. you people aren't any better than those who are locked up because the only difference in my book is they got caught and you will too in time, So let bye gones be gone and away. I think everyone deserves a second chance in life, so don't ruin it for them because the tables could turn on you too. Yeah I'm an exconvict I done my time, without any sunshine and paid my dues too. you want my name just look me up !
neil garigin

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 16, 2007
 

Judged:

1

i think any one thats guilty for crimes like murder and rape should be hung on the spot and spare the tax payers money
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 16, 2007
 
wow the bourder patrole agents get 10 years for shooting an illegal drug pusher in the but and this guy only serves 16 years for murder....something wrong with that.
allen monasmith

Blackwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 23, 2007
 
first of all u stupid people my brother wasn,t the one whom killed mr.west a other man did it u all just don,t know the facts about the case so u all should stay the hell out of people,s buisness. yes i agree and eye for and eye but to the one whom is walking the streets in kenteckey and u know who u r.
brian

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 17, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Well, good news. His parole was denied and his earliest release is now Mar 01, 2012. Which is another 5 years away, excellent news for all the victims and families involved. He had a daughter, phyllis so not all of the West family is "now all dead and gone" as Marco Kent West Keahey states. You can bet that Phyllis, and her family will fight vigourosly again in 2012. Justice will prevail!!!
patricia Hunter

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 14, 2007
 
It's good he was denied parole,killing a 82 yr old man,his life was all most gone.how could anyone kill someone that old? SICK.And what about the other man when does he walk? u should live in ut u think kan.laws r bad.Let the Mormons jugde u.
ks chic

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

allen monasmith wrote:
first of all u stupid people my brother wasn,t the one whom killed mr.west a other man did it u all just don,t know the facts about the case so u all should stay the hell out of people,s buisness. yes i agree and eye for and eye but to the one whom is walking the streets in kenteckey and u know who u r.
Allen, you probably don't remember me, but I was a friend of Tim's. I remember Tim when we were in school. I half to let you know my fear. Tim has never had to pay rent,work,nothing sweetie. He has been in there since he was 16. He has no clue what life is like out here. I am afraid, he won't adjust and I don't want someone to get killed again so that he can go back to prison.
Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 20, 2008
 
allen monasmith wrote:
first of all u stupid people my brother wasn,t the one whom killed mr.west a other man did it u all just don,t know the facts about the case so u all should stay the hell out of people,s buisness. yes i agree and eye for and eye but to the one whom is walking the streets in kenteckey and u know who u r.
WOW! I'm a teacher looking to relocate. It appears to me that the state of Kansas is in desperate need of some good teachers. It's amazing that people actually post comments without checking for spelling and gramatical errors. Please...I can hardly understand the point of half of these comments as they are so poorly written.
Dennis Rader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 21, 2008
 
Texas why don't you move on up here and let Ol Dennis have a crack at ya.
Ora

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 29, 2008
 
All of you need to take a forensic class and then decide for yourself by the evidence, not what the media is feeding you! And my God no one is going to have respect for what you say unless you can speak gramatically correct and use correct spelling. How can you make a good judgement when you obviously didnt decide to stay in school.
Ora

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 29, 2008
 
whats your issue with texas hes the most accurate, and dennis rader pls. at this age his lucky to get an errection, let alone kill anyone, he jst wanted recognition.
Dennis Rader

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 29, 2008
 
Ora how do you know about his erections?
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 1, 2008
 
Leave it to the good Christians and other good god fearing folk to pass judgment on another fellow man.
Who are any of us to say what is right or wrong?
What does anyone know about what really happened and why but what we have "heard" and have been told.
Take care of your own and leave everyone else in piece. Good Grief. He has paid his dues per mans rules, Everyone deserves another chance.
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 1, 2008
 
neil garigin wrote:
i think any one thats guilty for crimes like murder and rape should be hung on the spot and spare the tax payers money
What about the ones who are never convicted when they are guilty or the convicted that where innocent? Would you be the judge to decide?
Dennis Rader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 1, 2008
 
I'll be the judge! Why, you are guilty of being a dumbazz.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••