First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Mount Ulla, NC

#1 Oct 19, 2011
i heard there was a bad wreck on 321.maybe at cheeks crossroads.i heard there may have been someone killed.anyone know any news on this?
Marsha

Black Mountain, NC

#2 Oct 19, 2011
Radio traffic had said 3 stretcher patients. Possible 1 pin in, and 1 unconcious (sic). Also,
321 was blocked.
wink

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2011
any new news???
Lenoir Resident

Charlotte, NC

#4 Oct 19, 2011
Bad intersection....needs a real signal, the flashing lights don't seem to have much effect.
Near Cheeks

Nebo, NC

#5 Oct 19, 2011
The car looked horrible. Entire driver side was gone and front passenger side was door was banged up bad too. News at the store is that a lady was killed and there may have been some small children in the car. Praying hard for the families involved.:((
friend

Asheville, NC

#6 Oct 19, 2011
Near Cheeks wrote:
The car looked horrible. Entire driver side was gone and front passenger side was door was banged up bad too. News at the store is that a lady was killed and there may have been some small children in the car. Praying hard for the families involved.:((
there wasnt any small children in the car
Old law dog

Salem, SC

#7 Oct 19, 2011
All the money the state spent didn't do a bit of good all the crashes that have killed has happened in the north bound lane with the vehicles crossing from 268 not warrior cir.
Charlie Reppas

Lawndale, NC

#8 Oct 20, 2011
WHKY did a story on that intersection not long ago about how dangerous it was and it needing a traffic light, as long as I can remember that intersection has always been dangerous a lot of people have wrecked there and a few have lost thier life I wish they would do somthing about it!
Marsha

United States

#9 Oct 20, 2011
CALDWELL COUNTY (WKVS) An accident on Highway 321 yesterday afternoon claimed the life of a Lenoir woman. Reports state that 88 year old Amanda Watson was killed in the wreck when the vehicle she was driving struck a pick up truck while she was trying to turn onto highway 321. Watsons daughter, Penny, was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. Two passengers in the Watson vehicle backseat were taken to Caldwell Memorial Hosptial. The driver of the pick up truck was treated at the scene. Authorities say that all the passengers were wearing their seatbelts and that speed or alcohol was not a factor.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Oct 20, 2011
I have gone through that intersection at least 30,000 times. I have never even came close to getting in a wreck.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 20, 2011
I have seen a lot of people over the years that repeatedly get in wrecks. One thing I have noticed about these individuals is that they're so arrogant that they think they're time is the only consideration in the world. They can sit around the house when they know they’re running late, then run out and speed on the road to try and make up for the time they fiddled around doing just exactly as they pleased without consideration for anyone else. These people are worse than drunks on the road because they're actually drunk with their own arrogance. I've seen people who have disfigured bodies from their wrecks, who will still go out and buy vehicles built like freaking tanks, so that they can continue being arrogant, narcissistic, terrorist.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 20, 2011
Only God wrote:
Only God knows why things like this happens...
That is simply not true.
Outdoorsy Girl

Charlotte, NC

#14 Oct 20, 2011
Who are you GV4L? Do you live in the valley?? Obviously heartless and I hope you don't live in the Valley.
revolution32

Charlotte, NC

#15 Oct 20, 2011
The intersection has been dangerous for YEARS and the hesitancy to put a stoplight there (I hear) is because of tractor trailers coming off the mountain being able to stop in time. That may not be as much of an issue now that the 4 lane has gone on up and the road is flatter. When I was a girl and my grandmother lived right above Cheeks on the right 321 went back to 2 lanes right after Cheeks. I've seen many tractor trailers wreck coming down the mountain in that last little section before it spread to a four lane. Like I said I don't know it the "getting stopped" is still a concern about a light being placed there.

I guess there will be accidents or could be accidents anywhere but I will say that intersection has had more than it's share through the years and it took alot of deaths just to get caution lights. On the other hand in Lower Creek in a residential neighborhood where the speed limit was somewhere between 25 and 45 there was ONE accident and they got a caution light and a "dangerous intersection" sign within days - they now have huge speed bumps too due to the greenway.
Cheeks is risky but believe it or not it has grown LESS risky than it once was. I too have been through it many, many times unscathed BUT it could have just been luck.

My condolences to the family of Ms Watson and I wish the survivors a speedy recovery.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 20, 2011
Outdoorsy Girl wrote:
Who are you GV4L? Do you live in the valley?? Obviously heartless and I hope you don't live in the Valley.
LOL...You're entitled to your opinion.
Just Wondering

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Oct 20, 2011
I'm thinking that maybe GV4L's post was just a comment on how some people are, not this particular accident. Some do procrastinate, leave home at almost the last minute, then speed and/or drive irresponsibly in other ways, to make up for time they wasted. That, when you break it down, is a form of self-centered arrogance. Repeat, this may not have been meant in regard to this poor lady's accident. I agree that this is a dangerous intersection.
friend

Asheville, NC

#18 Oct 20, 2011
GV4L wrote:
I have gone through that intersection at least 30,000 times. I have never even came close to getting in a wreck.
well thats good for you but thats enough with the rude comments how old r u? and still trying to argue when someone has lost their life i will pray for you god bless

Location hidden

#19 Oct 20, 2011
friend wrote:
<quoted text>well thats good for you but thats enough with the rude comments how old r u? and still trying to argue when someone has lost their life i will pray for you god bless
I don't know that I did say anything rude. I didn't know this was a bereavement thread on a funeral website. My mistake... I thought I was on a public message board. Excuse me for trying to create some awareness...

Location hidden

#20 Oct 20, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
I'm thinking that maybe GV4L's post was just a comment on how some people are, not this particular accident.
Thank you JW... You're exactly right.
Really

Lillington, NC

#21 Oct 20, 2011
GV4L wrote:
No one can drive as good as you GV4L. Or do anything else as good as you. You are the arrogant one! Jacka$$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump a russian agent? 30 min prince of sikhim 92
Gay Maniac accosts Ivanka , gets tossed off jet 46 min southern at heart 346
👽Word Association 2017 Lenoir👽 1 hr Princess Hey 9
DROP/KEEP/ADD a word (Feb '14) 1 hr Princess Hey 170
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 57
FlatLine's Last Post Wins 2017 (Lenoir Edition) 1 hr Princess Hey 23
Deadbeats on disability (Aug '12) 2 hr Ben 172

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance