First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned citizen

Mountain City, TN

#1 Jan 5, 2012
On a regular basis I have the opportunity to pass through Hudson later than most...say 11pm to 1am. Almost every night, I see Hudson officers sitting in the median running radar or camped out at the convenience store beside the college. I thought the purpose of night patrol was to protect the neighborhoods and businesses from burglary and damage or even harm. It is hardly evident that this is the philosophy of David Green. I don't think he is aware of this behavior, or not the David Green of old anyway. These officer's are bored...it happens. However, sitting up camp and flirting with the store clerks, which I have witnessed, and /or running radar at that time of night is not giving the taxpayers their monies worth. Radar is intended to be a tool to use for voluntary compliance with the speed laws, not as a time filler because you are bored...unfortunately today's young officers have no sense of duty.
Lenoir Resident

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 5, 2012
I know (knew, haven't seen him in a while) David to be a good man too, but I'm not sure why he employs such half-wits.
what

Black Mountain, NC

#3 Jan 5, 2012
David is retired
howabout

Taylorsville, NC

#4 Jan 5, 2012
Don’t speed, would be the best thing for you to do, and you won’t have to worry about it. Cops in a store late at night, keeps thieves away. Most convince stores are robbed at night. And what harm does a little flurting do, at least there being nice and not a jerk, be happy you see a cop, and think them once an a while for risking there life to save you butt. And by the way I am not a cop, nor related to one.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 5, 2012
howabout wrote:
Don’t speed, would be the best thing for you to do, and you won’t have to worry about it. Cops in a store late at night, keeps thieves away. Most convince stores are robbed at night. And what harm does a little flurting do, at least there being nice and not a jerk, be happy you see a cop, and think them once an a while for risking there life to save you butt. And by the way I am not a cop, nor related to one.
I'll be sure to "think" a cop, next time I see one "flurting" with a "convince" store clerk.

I think you could be a cop, if you need a job.
Borneherehowbout u

Lenoir, NC

#6 Jan 5, 2012
Why so pissy, ankle bracelet to tight? 8) 8). You know I'm kidding I hope. Thanks for the return on the Merry Christmas comment. I hope Christmas and New Years went well for you.
howabout

Taylorsville, NC

#7 Jan 5, 2012
Dang, gv4l, you back on the spelling again, didn't know you was an English major, besides, you got the point thats all that matters, i will use spell check next time so you can understand, haha ( that is laughing if you don't understand that, ok)
peace :)
I just hate to see people bashing all cops, all the time, i am glad they are some that are willing to do that job, the pay sucks, job is dangerous, and when they are trying to catch a break, the public thinks they do nothing....
stores give cops free drinks so they will have an incentive to pull in, in exchange the store gets security, the customers feel safe, and the crooks see's a cop in the area.
we could be in a lot worse shape, look at mexico and the drug lords, it could easily happen here.
sure they are a few bad ones out there, but this is in every line of duty or job. from the military, to the factory.
just like the person that complain about the cop, you can not make people like that happy, no matter what is done, some people complain, either for attention, or lack there off. everyone know to watch there speed through small towns across America. not just Hudson, Granite is ten times worse.
btw, gv4l, i am just giving you a hard time, i enjoy reading your thoughts, and your threads, good luck with your charges, hope things work out for ya.
BTW, i didn't use spell check, so will you grade my paper? Thanks.
Mendy

Polkville, NC

#8 Jan 6, 2012
They need to arrest about half of Hudson. What a redneck place!!!!!
aLiBerAla ss

United States

#9 Jan 6, 2012
Hudson cops are old Yellow cab drivers that got their brains beat out up on the Freedman, Bushtown area. The cab company didn't know what to do with them so they fit in well as a cop.
Borneherehowbout u

Lenoir, NC

#10 Jan 6, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
On a regular basis I have the opportunity to pass through Hudson later than most...say 11pm to 1am. Almost every night, I see Hudson officers sitting in the median running radar or camped out at the convenience store beside the college. I thought the purpose of night patrol was to protect the neighborhoods and businesses from burglary and damage or even harm. It is hardly evident that this is the philosophy of David Green. I don't think he is aware of this behavior, or not the David Green of old anyway. These officer's are bored...it happens. However, sitting up camp and flirting with the store clerks, which I have witnessed, and /or running radar at that time of night is not giving the taxpayers their monies worth. Radar is intended to be a tool to use for voluntary compliance with the speed laws, not as a time filler because you are bored...unfortunately today's young officers have no sense of duty.
Tell the truth, you're not a concerned citizen, you just want to bitch about cops. If you saw a whole platoon riding around at night especially in Hudson, you would be bitching cops burning to much gas for nothing. Hudson does a pretty good job taking care of Hudson.
livin

Lenoir, NC

#11 Jan 6, 2012
Yeah they do a pretty good job at taking care of Hudson...Then why did Baker Tire get broken into and robbed while Hudson police dept. is right across the street?
totally disagree

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jan 6, 2012
I know a couple of the guys. very serious about patrolling the area. any time i've needed them to keep a check on property they have complied. i think they do a very good job.
crazy

Banner Elk, NC

#13 Jan 6, 2012
About a year ago i was run off the road while driving home. I called the police and since no one witnessed it (it was 2 am) they told me i was lying. The Hudson police officer was so rude to me...he told me the only way to avoid a reckless driving charge was to take a lie detector test. You would have thought i committed a murder....My attorney said this hudson cop was one of the "aggressive" ones...and it was dropped in court. Crazy stuff.
ncc

Conover, NC

#14 Jan 6, 2012
GV4L wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be sure to "think" a cop, next time I see one "flurting" with a "convince" store clerk.
I think you could be a cop, if you need a job.
and you were arrested when?
finally

United States

#15 Jan 7, 2012
David green has finally retired so I would imagine Hudson PD can only get better. How he was ever Chief of anything is beyond me but at least he is gone and Iam sure Andy Day will bring them along into a more professional department.
she should do this

Spruce Pine, NC

#17 Jan 7, 2012
J D Wilson wrote:
Well I can tell you that there is a young lady that works at Arby's that is getting really tired of being stalked by a HPD officer. What reason would he have to follow her home three times in one week?
Well she must like it otherwise she would have called HPD and talked to the Chief. I am sure Chief Day would put a stop to it pretty fast.
Borneherehowbout u

Lenoir, NC

#19 Jan 7, 2012
J D Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might want to get your facts straight smartass if she liked it she wouldn't have said anything about it, and no this WILL be handled by someone outside of the "good ole boy's at HPD". NO BADGE gives anyone a free pass on sexual harassment!!! So be careful loudmouth you never know who's already watching who.
I'll tell Andy myself if it's a legitimate complaint. Maybe jealously involved just a bit? Need to have your ducks in a row before declaring sexual harassment. So be careful JD.
she should do this

Spruce Pine, NC

#20 Jan 7, 2012
J D Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might want to get your facts straight smartass if she liked it she wouldn't have said anything about it, and no this WILL be handled by someone outside of the "good ole boy's at HPD". NO BADGE gives anyone a free pass on sexual harassment!!! So be careful loudmouth you never know who's already watching who.
I was trying to be actually civil about it but.....Sounds to me either you are just jealous or she is trying to get your little cock in an uproar. As for good ole boys well Andy doesnt exactly follow those lines, the former Chief yeah. You should be the one watching your mouth loudmouth. If it's such a big deal grow a set and confront the officer. You sound like that kind of dumb redneck anyways.
FOLLOW ME

Bessemer City, NC

#22 Jan 10, 2012
well i personally beleive that hudson pd does the best they can with what they have to work with. they hang out at the store because it is a busy place after about 10 p.m. and it draws a rather peculiar crowd. and there is nothing wrong with doing traffic enforcement, if they can stop a car diven by a drunk or hauling a load of dope or simply slow a teenager down then they have done their job haven't they. hell friend, this is america and the cops work for us and unless your a d-bag crook yourself they're mostly approachable, when you see them in the store walk up and chat with them about your questions or concerns. we have to work with cops not against them. we have to win back our streets from these crooks. i would also like to invite all of the concerned citizens to check our my forum "our strets are not safe". if you have rude or argumentative comments to make you can just stay here we don't want you.
wondering

Lenoir, NC

#23 Jan 10, 2012
what happend today at the corner of eastview street. the US Marshalls arrested the man in the yellow and red house this morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtny Porch 2 hr identify 2
Cooks garage and salvage (May '09) 6 hr johnny fugate jr 28
Brandy Stapleton 7 hr ihateidiots 71
WARNING: Drinking Every Time Trump Lies.... 8 hr TSF 21
Benfield Automotive crooked dealer??? (Nov '12) 8 hr Beenused 7
Christians supporting Hillary are sinning again... 8 hr TSF 28
Twice deported immigrant in double murder 9 hr whadup 3
Iraq and the U.S. agreed for more troops in Iraq. 11 hr Glenda 29

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web