Wreck on 18 in Gamewell this Morning

Wreck on 18 in Gamewell this Morning

Posted in the Lenoir Forum

Gamewell Girl

Jefferson, GA

#1 Nov 8, 2013
Does anyone know what happened this morning on 18 at the Elem. School? I got stuck in the traffic back-up and had to use Miller Hill Rd. to get to the Loop, so I didn't see. I just knew that there would be a wreck out there someday soon, too meant people have been making illegal left-hand turns out of there in the mornings lately.
CarolinaBlue

Lenoir, NC

#2 Nov 8, 2013
Gamewell Girl wrote:
Does anyone know what happened this morning on 18 at the Elem. School? I got stuck in the traffic back-up and had to use Miller Hill Rd. to get to the Loop, so I didn't see. I just knew that there would be a wreck out there someday soon, too meant people have been making illegal left-hand turns out of there in the mornings lately.
It's not only in the mornings, it's the afternoon as well people make illegal left turns. What's really bad is that a bunch of the school employee's are making this illegal turn. The ones that are educating our children can't read a sign that gives specific information for their safety and others? I hope that the day never comes that a child from either one of the schools (GES or GMS) is killed due to someone else's careless neglect of not obeying a traffic sign.
PepperMint Patty

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2013
Three injured in wreck
Nov. 08, 2013 @ 01:09 PM
Kim Gilliland

GAMEWELL
A wreck Friday morning sent three people to the hospital and tied up traffic on Morganton Boulevard.

A Honda SUV was traveling east on the four-lane thoroughfare at 7:38 a.m. and entered the left turn lane to drop a child off at Gamewell Elementary School. The driver, 79-year-old Ada Laws, did not see a 2007 Kia sedan heading west, said N.C. Highway Patrol Trooper David Church. The two cars collided, and the impact sent the Honda's front end into the eastbound lane, where it collided with a Chevrolet pickup.

Laws, of 2471 Long Pine Place in Lenoir, and her granddaughter, 7-year-old Gabrille McCall of 3620 Clark's Chapel Road, were taken to Caldwell Memorial Hospital. Also taken was the driver of the Kia, 28-year-old Alexandra Baker of 414 Spruce St. SW in Lenoir. None of the injuries were life-threatening.

Laws was ticketed for failure to yield the right-of-way.

Traffic was held up in all four lanes for about a half-hour, Church said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump & Jeb! In twitter war, over who loved... 1 hr Twitta Schitta 4
Huckabee to meet with Kim Davis. 5 hr Meating scheduled 4
"Heaven or Hell Clerk's Case" 5 hr Backdoor Boys2 32
Never piss off OBAMA!!!!!!! 5 hr Harry Snake 4
julie and shane hilton (Jan '14) 5 hr GenitaliaCity 24
Police Officer lied about being shot at. 5 hr Arrest him 3
Trump to outsource foreign policy. 5 hr Poop servers 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir Mortgages