2 charged in Caldwell drug bust

2 charged in Caldwell drug bust

There are 27 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Sep 29, 2010, titled 2 charged in Caldwell drug bust. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

Tyler Dixon, of Lawndale, was arrested Tuesday night in Caldwell County and charged with trafficking marijuana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Ratliff

Bostic, NC

#1 Sep 29, 2010
Now this is what I call progress...another reason Alan Jones is the right choice for Caldwell Co. 2 more drug dealers off the streets he's got my vote in Nov.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 29, 2010
The more he wastes tax dollars busting pot dealers, the less likely people are going to be to vote for him. No one cares about pot. It's going to be legal in less than 5 years anyway.
Mountain Man

Bostic, NC

#3 Sep 30, 2010
You know people can nit pick at Jones career and arrest records all day long but at the end of the day he's doing his job and doing it quite well! Most of us know this and thats why I have no doubt he'll have the votes come Nov.

Abraham Lincoln once said "that you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"..which is what this whole election boils down to!

Sure Jones has had some cases that didn't go the way we think they should have, in any law enforcement career you're always going to have those that got away...simple as that! You can't always get the evidence needed or the conviction in every single case, I'm betting if you really wanted to put Hutchings, old cases under a microscope theres quite a few convictions he failed to get and plenty of corruption within his dept. a whole lot more than most of us want to believe or remember... "I remember"!

There's a reason Roger Hutchings is a "former sheriff" and I don't blame it all on this vote buying crap, it's not something new that happened over night in Caldwell Co. it happens from time to time in various places, I'm willing to bet Hutchings knows a thing or two about vote buying too, he was just smart enough to not get caught with his "years of experience" and his supporters didn't get to quite as many people as his opponents people did!

I think Alan Jones is doing a fine job and will continue getting crime and criminals off the streets of Caldwell Co. I like the old saying if it's not broken don't fix it.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 30, 2010
CDCeltown wrote:
The more he wastes tax dollars busting pot dealers, the less likely people are going to be to vote for him. No one cares about pot. It's going to be legal in less than 5 years anyway.
I have been smoking that K-2 Summit for a while now. I love it!

Location hidden

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Why doesn't this "narcotics division" of the LPD go after... I don't know... narcotics???
YEP

Casar, NC

#6 Sep 30, 2010
Mike Ratliff wrote:
Now this is what I call progress...another reason Alan Jones is the right choice for Caldwell Co. 2 more drug dealers off the streets he's got my vote in Nov.
Yes, another good bust. That's several in the past few months. To bad Jone's doesn't have anything to show the first three years in office. Oh, that's right, this is election year. Better do something so Caldwell County will think your doing your job.
gail

United States

#7 Sep 30, 2010
Well jones can bust all he wants too but I would nt waste my energy on him to even pencil in a circle on a vote paper,
Wrong priorities

Maggie Valley, NC

#9 Sep 30, 2010
WOW!
Another one of those horrible pot dealers busted! Now thats winning the war on drugs for sure!
Maybe one day they can manage to bust someone with NARCOTICS.
Best bet while they sat there busting that dude with a sissy amount of pot 10 Mexicans drove by with the trunk packed with Meth or Heroin. Ahhh never mind that stuff. Its to dangerous for the police to mess with. Just stick to busting those small time pot dealers because that looks good in the media.
Again... what does this have to do with the SHERIFF?
Its the shitty narcotics team that do the busts.
Its actually humorous how they push these sissy busts into the news papers. Oh maybe one day they will catch a REAL drug dealer.
F**king idiots.
Mountain Man

Bostic, NC

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Wrong priorities wrote:
WOW!
Another one of those horrible pot dealers busted! Now thats winning the war on drugs for sure!
Maybe one day they can manage to bust someone with NARCOTICS.
Best bet while they sat there busting that dude with a sissy amount of pot 10 Mexicans drove by with the trunk packed with Meth or Heroin. Ahhh never mind that stuff. Its to dangerous for the police to mess with. Just stick to busting those small time pot dealers because that looks good in the media.
Again... what does this have to do with the SHERIFF?
Its the shitty narcotics team that do the busts.
Its actually humorous how they push these sissy busts into the news papers. Oh maybe one day they will catch a REAL drug dealer.
F**king idiots.
WOW...did you really just post this, and you're calling other people idiots! Thats like the pot calling the kettle black!
Mountain Man

Bostic, NC

#11 Sep 30, 2010
Looks like a narcotics bust to me!

http://www.newstopic.net/view/full_story/9691...

Location hidden

#12 Sep 30, 2010
Mountain Man wrote:
Looks like a narcotics bust to me!
http://www.newstopic.net/view/full_story/9691...
Narcotics are drugs derived from opium, morphine, heroin, codeine, etc...
im just sayin

Lenoir, NC

#13 Sep 30, 2010
YEP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, another good bust. That's several in the past few months. To bad Jone's doesn't have anything to show the first three years in office. Oh, that's right, this is election year. Better do something so Caldwell County will think your doing your job.
Since Alan took office in 2007 Narcotics Officers have filed 1,086 charges related to drug violations committed in our county. Out of all who were arrested eighteen of those people were also indicted in federal court to lengthen the time they will serve in prison because they were the major drug dealers in our county. Last year the Sheriffs Department seized more than $803,000 worth of Narcotics in our county.
You really have no idea do you? Why not at least try and educate yourself just a little bit before you post your nonsense.
Mountain Man

Bostic, NC

#14 Sep 30, 2010
GV4L wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you know quite a bit about them so I won't argue that my bad...so is this cocaine better for your health than narcotics? Is it less lethal for your health than pot, just wondering the only recreational drug I've ever tried in my life is pot so I really wouldn't know it's been many many yrs. ago...I do know that cocaine kills a lot of kids and adults so maybe it's ok to leave it on the streets, guess it depends on who's sheriff and the local law enforcement!

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#15 Sep 30, 2010
Mountain Man wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW...did you really just post this, and you're calling other people idiots! Thats like the pot calling the kettle black!
^And that's like using the most tired and played out analogy in existence.
Im just saying

Greer, SC

#16 Sep 30, 2010
GV4L wrote:
<quoted text>
In a legal context, a narcotic drug is simply one that is totally prohibited, or one that is used in violation of strict governmental regulation, such as cocaine and marijuana.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Prohibition doesn't work. It's never worked, it will never work.
WHITEMAN

Bunnlevel, NC

#18 Oct 1, 2010
CDCeltown wrote:
Prohibition doesn't work. It's never worked, it will never work.
PROBATION WONT WORK FOR YOU EITHER WILL IT CRY BABY! JAIL WONT WORK FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A CRYBABY! WASNT YOU ON HERE A WHILE BACK TALKING ABOUT SUEING CC JAIL SYSTEM BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU WERE TREATED? YOU WOULDNT MAKE IT IN THE BIG HOUSE A DAY. YOU WOULD BE BENT OVER GETTING IT IN THE OLD BUTT HOLE AND ANOTHER GETTING YOU IN YOUR BIG PIE HOLE. CRYBABY!
WHITEMAN

Bunnlevel, NC

#19 Oct 1, 2010
HAHAHA! YOU WOULD PROBLY MAKE IT BEING SOME BODYS BI-CH.........YEA! OH YEA!
WHITEMAN

Bunnlevel, NC

#20 Oct 1, 2010
HAY cdc! COME OVER HERE AND ILL GIVE YOU SOME DRUGS FOR THAT PIE HOLE YOU GOT!
WHITEMAN

Bunnlevel, NC

#21 Oct 1, 2010
WHERE ARE YOU BI-CH?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kellyanne Conway to go to Alberta(Keystone) 5 min Rock 12
Linda McMahon to be in TRUMPS Cabinet. 8 min wtf 10
Trump tweets: Carrier Union Boss"Has Done a Ter... 10 min Maw Maw sara 6
Victoria/conrack the running dog of the Left 27 min Rock 75
Two teens arrested, for starting TENNESEE FIRE! 40 min Waco 1909 2
What Europeans think of Americans 42 min Waco 1909 22
Anti Trump riots spread. 2 hr Waco 1909 447

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance