Posted in the Lenoir Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kkb

Simpsonville, SC

#1 Jun 9, 2009
----------

LENOIR (WJRI) The court case of a Caldwell County Sheriffs Deputy who is facing assault charges in Buncombe County has been moved from District Court to Superior Court. 46 year old Monty Poarch is accused of bumping into a woman with his vehicle in the parking lot of an Asheville restaurant after an alleged dispute over a parking place in March of this year. The woman claimed that she was standing in the parking spot saving it for her boyfriends car when Poarch tried to enter the spot and bumped her with her car. The woman, who has been reported to be the daughter of a Durham County Assistant District Attorney, was not injured during the incident and a day later persuaded a Magistrate to issue a warrant for Poarch's arrest. The moving of the case will now allow the trail to be heard by a jury. The Caldwell County Sheriffs Office said that they will not comment on the case until the trial has ended.

MY MY MY, look at the spinning going on, didn't Captain Poarch (the defendant) plead guilty to the charge (ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON) to get the case to Superior Court. Why does this news outlet not have the sentence in District Court for the defendant Captain Poarch? Furthermore why does he still have a job?? Captain, ASSAULT with a DEADLY WEAPON? What's happening folks right here in our own county? Where is Sheriffs Standards? The most important question is WHERE is our Sheriff and WHY doesnt he do something?
Cant believe it

Erwin, NC

#2 Jun 9, 2009
kkb wrote:
----------
LENOIR (WJRI) The court case of a Caldwell County Sheriffs Deputy who is facing assault charges in Buncombe County has been moved from District Court to Superior Court. 46 year old Monty Poarch is accused of bumping into a woman with his vehicle in the parking lot of an Asheville restaurant after an alleged dispute over a parking place in March of this year. The woman claimed that she was standing in the parking spot saving it for her boyfriends car when Poarch tried to enter the spot and bumped her with her car. The woman, who has been reported to be the daughter of a Durham County Assistant District Attorney, was not injured during the incident and a day later persuaded a Magistrate to issue a warrant for Poarch's arrest. The moving of the case will now allow the trail to be heard by a jury. The Caldwell County Sheriffs Office said that they will not comment on the case until the trial has ended.
MY MY MY, look at the spinning going on, didn't Captain Poarch (the defendant) plead guilty to the charge (ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON) to get the case to Superior Court. Why does this news outlet not have the sentence in District Court for the defendant Captain Poarch? Furthermore why does he still have a job?? Captain, ASSAULT with a DEADLY WEAPON? What's happening folks right here in our own county? Where is Sheriffs Standards? The most important question is WHERE is our Sheriff and WHY doesnt he do something?
Let's see. He "bumped" her and she "persueded" the magistrate into issuing a warrant. You are right. Someone is playing on words. For shame, for shame. Our own radio station playing politics. If that isn't proof that they are afraid to report the truth as it is, then nothing is. I will not listen to that station again.
WHAT

Linville, NC

#4 Jun 9, 2009
Why is this man still working and carrying a weapon? Isn't a criminal offense justification for suspending his LE certification? Why isn't he on suspension? What is Jones thinking? Or is he just afraid to do the right thing? Any other Sheriff would have given this guy his walking papers. We need a Sheriff who is not afraid to make hard decisions.
big dog

Piedmont, SC

#5 Jun 13, 2009
Yeah he should be gone he is guilty. He is a horrible captain and a joke for the department. Get rid of Jones witch is a great friend of MONTY POARCH.(That Shows his character and what kind of person he really is the sheriff is a joke and does not support his deputies, or he would get rid of the bad apples.) VOTE CHRIS BRACKETT IN 2010 !!!!!!!!!!
I know I will.
vinum vicis

United States

#6 Jun 14, 2009
Both people are idiots...standing in a parking place and saving it ...damn!!!! and the dumbass cop couldn't understand what was going on and wouldn't back off

The whole incident is absurd .
Cant believe it

Erwin, NC

#7 Jun 14, 2009
vinum vicis wrote:
Both people are idiots...standing in a parking place and saving it ...damn!!!! and the dumbass cop couldn't understand what was going on and wouldn't back off
The whole incident is absurd .
Sounds like the same kind of people that would kill or be killed over a dog. Absolutely rediculous.
FIgures

Linville, NC

#8 Jun 14, 2009
What do you expect from a sheriff that PROMOTED Jeff Stafford after the Anderson case? That right there told me where my vote will go.
answers

Black Mountain, NC

#9 Jun 14, 2009
FIgures wrote:
What do you expect from a sheriff that PROMOTED Jeff Stafford after the Anderson case? That right there told me where my vote will go.
This captain was the one fired fron the Highway Patrol for inappropriate behavior, right?
change is good

Black Mountain, NC

#10 Jun 15, 2009
answers wrote:
<quoted text>This captain was the one fired fron the Highway Patrol for inappropriate behavior, right?
YES
Sweep off the Poarch

Black Mountain, NC

#11 Jun 18, 2009
Derek and Monty are the off-spring of Clarence... remember that retarded idoit? Derek's an a**hole and Monty's an arrogant ba****d who thinks his sh** doesn't stink. Derek Poarch for sheriff....he needn't embarress himself. Does Monty live in Alexander Co. with Sharon, or did she finally wise up and leave that no-good cheatin loser?
FriendOfSharon

United States

#12 Jun 18, 2009
Sweep off the Poarch wrote:
Derek and Monty are the off-spring of Clarence... remember that retarded idoit? Derek's an a**hole and Monty's an arrogant ba****d who thinks his sh** doesn't stink. Derek Poarch for sheriff....he needn't embarress himself. Does Monty live in Alexander Co. with Sharon, or did she finally wise up and leave that no-good cheatin loser?
Sharon Poarch is a good person and an asset to the community. She was successful and made rank in law enforcement when it was just a man's world. She has made mistakes just like anyone else. I have known her for many years, back when she was married to Pete Nelson. Now he was a good guy too but he had a little brother that has lots of problems.
Big Beautiful Girl

Midland, NC

#13 Jun 18, 2009
FriendOfSharon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharon Poarch is a good person and an asset to the community. She was successful and made rank in law enforcement when it was just a man's world. She has made mistakes just like anyone else. I have known her for many years, back when she was married to Pete Nelson. Now he was a good guy too but he had a little brother that has lots of problems.
I agree that Sharon rose through the ranks in a time when it was hard to be apart of that department. She did it honestly, too, with hard work and probably having to deal tactfully with a lot of bs from the boys. She deserves a good man that will appreciate her and stand by her.
careless

Black Mountain, NC

#14 Jun 18, 2009
HUGH is Pete's bro? Oh that explains everything!Hahahah
careless

Black Mountain, NC

#15 Jun 18, 2009
BTW if Pete was such a gr8 guy why did she marry a POS like Monty?
Whatever

Linville, NC

#16 Jun 21, 2009
Nope! No relation.
careless wrote:
HUGH is Pete's bro? Oh that explains everything!Hahahah
Pilot

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Jun 22, 2009
FriendOfSharon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you mean Alex. I don't know Sharon but I have met Alex and he is a weirdo!
poolboy55

United States

#18 Jul 25, 2009
Pete has two brothers Bob & Charlie,Brother BO died of cancer about 5years ago...Pete is no relation to hugh or alex neither of which could make it as cops.....
joe

Black Mountain, NC

#19 Jul 25, 2009
I will admit he shouldn't have bumped her but for the love of pete standing in a parking space to save it is asking to be hit. Maybe she should walk out in traffic on 321 at rush hour so her boyfriend can enter the highway.
Did he blow his horn,ask her to move or anything like that? She in my book was blocking traffic from the parking place like many do by standing in,stopping(talking) or crossing roads.
To many people acting as if they own everything now and their me first atttitudes are wrong. Is not a parking place for cars not people?
Want to see why I feel this way go to food lion and other stores and watch how the people park and block streets.
Mary

Black Mountain, NC

#20 Jul 25, 2009
So you bump someone with your car because they are standing in a parking place? He could have hurt her. Someone who is in law enforcement should have more control of themselves than that. I don't know him or Sharon. She has always seemed like a nice person. You are right, Joe. She shouldn't have been standing in the parking place but for him to do what he did shows me that he must be arrogant and doesn't have much self-control. You add that to his sexual escapads when he was with the HP, then maybe he would be better suited to a job other than law enforcement.

Since: Jun 09

Hudson

#21 Jul 25, 2009
What were the sexual escapades? If you can say it here. I don't know the guy but I've hear his name most of my life here and there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attn: Sara, TSF, State, et al 3 hr Fart science 7
Attn: Sara, TSF, State, all other farters 4 hr Press fart button 4
Boehner: GOP won't repeal&replace Obamacare. 5 hr Press fart button 51
Sunday church pew - Rejoice in Flatulence 7 hr Stankonia 4
Flatus weather update: expect fart storms 8 hr Real American cheese 8
United Farters of America 8 hr Real American cheese 4
Fartless Epidemic Should Be Probed 8 hr Real American cheese 12

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance