Just Wondering

Morganton, NC

#43 Jul 3, 2011
I would love to go back and support them, and I will, WHEN they start serving some good basic Greek food. I don't mean gyros...almost anybody can do that. Italian food is easily obtained, so I was hoping for real Greek food for a change. Makes sense, offering the people what no one else does.
night rider

Morganton, NC

#44 Jul 3, 2011
I had the spotted dick last night. Very good!
nuhuh

Lenoir, NC

#45 Jul 3, 2011
visited the resteraunt, tried the chicken caccitore..nothing personal, but it just didn't taste that appealing to me...sorry
nuhuh

Lenoir, NC

#46 Jul 3, 2011
Fugetaboutit wrote:
If you haven’t eaten there “DON’T”! The food is nasty and the place is dirty. Fugetabout the service too, we ordered (take away) food and the person taking the order wrote down the wrong order, the owner or whoever the so called New Yorker with a Greek accent is refused to make it right and flat out said,“You should have checked your order before you left”. Can you imagine telling your customers to check your order before you walk out the door otherwise if we write down the wrong order you have to eat it? We will NEVER go back and will be sure to tell our family and friends NEVER to eat there as well.
If you want real Italian food go to Carmela’s in Gamewell, the place is clean and spotless, the food is great and the service is “outstanding”!
Chicken parmesan not chicken gyro you idiot!!!
No thank you to Carmela's as well...first time I went, got the white and green pizza which was very good that visit...I was hopeful...next time I went back, I wasn't pleased with the food, and I definately wasn't pleased with the workers who tried to argue with me about what I wanted on my sandwich...if I am paying for it, then put it on the sandwich and don't worry about it. I won't be back there if I can helpl it.
the service at Mogino's was good btw
nuhuh

Lenoir, NC

#47 Jul 3, 2011
I'll stick with Meedo's
tim

Morganton, NC

#48 Jul 3, 2011
moginos is best italin food in lenoir no thank u to meedos i ate there twice me n my wife we got sick both time we ate there
nuhuh wrote:
I'll stick with Meedo's
Just Wondering

Morganton, NC

#49 Jul 5, 2011
I haven't tried the Italian food at Mogino's, so I don't know about that. My husband liked their pizza very much, so that says something. I'm disappointed in the Greek food selections, [no pork] and the fact that the beef and lamb in the gyros is some sort of thin, processed looking slabs. Not the typical meat cubes marinated in olive oil, oregano, etc. that I've had at other places. Still, I wish them the best and hope they make changes.
Yum Yum

Lenoir, NC

#50 Jul 10, 2011
Ate at Mogino's again tonight. This makes about our 5th or 6th trip to Mogino's and we've never had a bad dish. We've ate Tour of Italy (which is lasagna, fettucine alfredo, and chicken parmesan), Chicken Rosa Maria, Chicken Marsala, Pizza, Stromboli, Cheese Steak, and the Philly Chicken Supreme. I HIGHLY recommend the Chicken Rosa Maria. The pizzas are cheap and VERY good. The sandwiches and homemade chips were great and the two of us ate for under $20 tonight. You can definitely tell ALL of their food is fresh, nothing frozen or pre-made.

The wait staff has been friendly EVERY time we've been there and are helpful with their suggestions. If you're not satisfied all you have to do is tell them and they'll make sure you are happy when you leave. We met the other owner tonight, Gino. Another super nice guy.

As for the other places, I have not personally had Carmello's but my husband has and could not believe how much he paid for a drink and sandwich for lunch. Something like $9. AND his co-worker who ate there with him got food poisoning and couldn't finish out the workday or come to work the next day. We ate at Meedo's ONCE and I had to kill a roach on the wall with my shoe. Even though we got our food free, we never went back. The food was awful anyways so we wouldn't have went back regardless. I have never had a problem with Giovanni's and still continue to order pizzas from them. They pizzas are expensive, but they are good quality and I don't mind paying for quality. Piccolo's is decent too but now they charge extra for deliveries which sucks for the delivery driver because people think that extra fee is for tips. I don't mean to be disrespectful to any of the places, just giving my honest opinion for what it's worth.

The only way to really find out if a restaurant is good or not is just to try it and see. You can't really go by reviews on topix because there are trolls that are just negative about anything and everything.
Yum Yum

Lenoir, NC

#51 Jul 10, 2011
show me the food wrote:
I have not tried Mogino's yet, but I have to agree with "ate there tonight" there aren't any good restaraunts in Lenoir. Nothing but junk food ect.I do like Poncho Villa, very good service, good food, decent prices.
What are the reviews for that restaraunt in downtown called The Wine Bistro?
We have eaten at the Bistro downtown. It's a bit expensive but VERY good. I had the Ribeye steak and it was awesome. No need for steak sauce!
Jason

Statesville, NC

#52 Jul 11, 2011
It's amazing how people react to new things in Lenoir. I was born and raised in Lenoir so I have a unique perspective of the cultural mental machine that Lenoir has.

1. If you're too good at something, they will hate you and run you out.

2. If you're food is unique they will hate you and run you out.

3. If you build something nice, some as-hat will do his best to destroy it.

Things that have been lost: Back Yard Burger, Hogwallers. I keep wondering when Bo's will close down. Keep up the good work Lenoir. Way to go.:)
Quercusvinifra

Charlotte, NC

#53 Jul 11, 2011
I have not been disappointed with any food or service. Their Stromboli knocked Papajohn out of a customer. I'll pick up at Mogino's rather than have Papajohn deliver. I really like Mogino's speggetti and meatballs. I want to get through their whole menu. But, the money is not there before I crave Stromboli or speggetti.

I do miss the cuban restaurant that was there for a short while. Having a menu totally different from any other in town was great. I wish I could remember the name of the first dish I got. Man do I miss it.
Just Wondering

Kings Mountain, NC

#54 Jul 13, 2011
Jason wrote:
It's amazing how people react to new things in Lenoir. I was born and raised in Lenoir so I have a unique perspective of the cultural mental machine that Lenoir has.
1. If you're too good at something, they will hate you and run you out.
2. If you're food is unique they will hate you and run you out.
3. If you build something nice, some as-hat will do his best to destroy it.
Things that have been lost: Back Yard Burger, Hogwallers. I keep wondering when Bo's will close down. Keep up the good work Lenoir. Way to go.:)
I'm afraid you are right about SOME people of Lenoir. However, I too, was born and raised in Lenoir, and would like nothing better than to [1] have someone who is good at something, IF the price is reasonable.[2] Have unique food.(see my posts re: the sensibleness of offering something no one else does.) and [3] Provide somethig nice. I do admit that I would rather see abandoned buildings used if possible, as opposed to building something new.
Julia

Lenoir, NC

#55 Jul 15, 2011
Not sure why people are so harsh! No Im not a "mole" and I DO NOT WORK THERE. Since the first visit I have made to the place I decided was my favorite in Lenoir! I have been there MANY MANY TIMES! Everything I have ordered has been great! Their Lunch Specials are the Cheapest thing going value wise! Lunch Includes your Drink! I say shame on you people for being so mean and rude! Maybe you just ordered the wrong thing? I have not ordered anything yet that was not good! I am a now regular there! I say THANKS for giving Lenoir Somthing Tasteful to Eat!
Just Wondering

Kings Mountain, NC

#56 Jul 15, 2011
Julia, what have you enjoyed there? I definitely ordered the wrong thing, but I went there because I heard that they served Greek food, and since no one else around here does, then of course I ordered that. I'm not being harsh, just disappointed that it isn't the real thing.

What lunch specials do they have? Do any beat a pasta dish, bread, salad, and drink for $5.50, such as at Meedo's on Tuesdays?
Disappointed

Lenoir, NC

#57 Jul 22, 2011
We tried Mogino's when it first opened, and was disappointed, food was not great and service was not good, but figured it was due to being super busy. We tried again last week, hoping the kinks were worked out, and were still disappointed. Will not be returning, and would not recommend to anyone.
Linda

Lenoir, NC

#59 Jul 28, 2011
If you want some good Greek food, go to Santorini Grill in Hickory. It's more of an upscale restaurant, but there are some reasonably priced entrees, such as the 1/2 roasted chicken which was delicious and was only $10. My husband had the beef souvlaki which was scrumptious. We finished our meal with baklava.

That being said, I may visit Mogino's if it's still in business. I had not heard of it before.
Just Wondering

Bostic, NC

#60 Jul 29, 2011
Linda wrote:
If you want some good Greek food, go to Santorini Grill in Hickory. It's more of an upscale restaurant, but there are some reasonably priced entrees, such as the 1/2 roasted chicken which was delicious and was only $10. My husband had the beef souvlaki which was scrumptious. We finished our meal with baklava.
That being said, I may visit Mogino's if it's still in business. I had not heard of it before.
Thank you!! I didn't know about this place. I'll check it out.
tim

Alexandria, Egypt

#61 Jul 29, 2011
u just wondering or whatever ha ha lol u do not have no thing to do excpect just kept talked about food u do not like any thing not just moginos i hope u really have money so u can go out 2 eat cuz i do not think u go out 2 eat u just wondeering talking ha ha lol
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you!! I didn't know about this place. I'll check it out.

Since: May 09

North Wilkesboro, NC

#62 Jul 30, 2011
Where is Carmellos in Gamewell?
Fred

Hudson, NC

#63 Jul 30, 2011
Disappointed wrote:
We tried Mogino's when it first opened, and was disappointed, food was not great and service was not good, but figured it was due to being super busy. We tried again last week, hoping the kinks were worked out, and were still disappointed. Will not be returning, and would not recommend to anyone.
Most of the people in Caldwell County will not like it because they don't serve cheeseburgers and allow smoking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary will do anything 6 min Victoria 21
No GOFUNDME for arrested officer. 9 min waco1909 286
Patrick Hollar (Sep '14) 3 hr cindy 19
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 4 hr State of Florida 9,251
Kent T 21 hr In the know 20
why black men dont eat out (Jul '14) Sat ABentley 18
News Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr... (Jun '13) Sat Reason 152

Flood Watch for Caldwell County was issued at April 19 at 10:58AM EDT

More from around the web

Lenoir People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]