Mogino's Italian Greek Restaurant
Justice

United States

#22 May 2, 2011
Nasty as hell the food sucks we could not eat anything that we orderd. We got 8 different items from the menu to share around the table and the only thing that was finished off was the fries. Don't waste your time or money.
moginos waitress

Black Mountain, NC

#23 May 2, 2011
we can only work so fast and have had many compliments so I guess there is always one bad apple ion the crowd.We do have a certain way we wait on tables adn Im sorry that you cnat be patient:(
Dougie

Swannanoa, NC

#24 May 3, 2011
You cannot blame the waitstaff if they haven't been properly trained.. You cannot blame the waitstaff if the food is terrible or for the decor.
The owners should take responsibility and fix the problems ASAP or they will not survive 6 months.
Chris

Hickory, NC

#25 May 3, 2011
I have had the stromboli. It's great. In fact, I am going to go pick some up in a minute.
Zombie

Gaffney, SC

#26 May 3, 2011
I ate there yesterday,the food was good,service was friendly,but needed some improvement,overall I will be back.
hurumph

Black Mountain, NC

#27 May 4, 2011
for the price the food is good, and the portions are great... I think it's funny that people expect 5 star dining for 10 bucks a plate.
show me the food

United States

#28 May 9, 2011
I have not tried Mogino's yet, but I have to agree with "ate there tonight" there aren't any good restaraunts in Lenoir. Nothing but junk food ect.I do like Poncho Villa, very good service, good food, decent prices.
What are the reviews for that restaraunt in downtown called The Wine Bistro?
liked it

Greenville, SC

#29 May 10, 2011
i ate there yesterday. the food was very good and the service was fine. will definitely go back.
Fugetaboutit

Black Mountain, NC

#30 Jun 8, 2011
If you haven’t eaten there “DON’T”! The food is nasty and the place is dirty. Fugetabout the service too, we ordered (take away) food and the person taking the order wrote down the wrong order, the owner or whoever the so called New Yorker with a Greek accent is refused to make it right and flat out said,“You should have checked your order before you left”. Can you imagine telling your customers to check your order before you walk out the door otherwise if we write down the wrong order you have to eat it? We will NEVER go back and will be sure to tell our family and friends NEVER to eat there as well.

If you want real Italian food go to Carmela’s in Gamewell, the place is clean and spotless, the food is great and the service is “outstanding”!

Chicken parmesan not chicken gyro you idiot!!!
Yeah

Black Mountain, NC

#31 Jun 9, 2011
You lucked out getting the gyro...the Chix parm is really bad.
Dougie

Swannanoa, NC

#32 Jun 10, 2011
Carmelas in Gamewell is really good. The food GREAT
prices BAD
They will have to understand that people will go to Little Cesars for a 5.00 pizza.They wil go to Subway for a 5.00 footlong sub.....they will have to reduce their prices in order to survive..
Food is great, prices not so much, cant't say I would pick them over better prices some where else, Hell I'm on a budget...... I would love to help out a local and not a francise but if they overprice themselves than what am I to do?
Just Wondering

Terrell, NC

#33 Jun 14, 2011
Where in Gamewell is Carmela's?
Just Wondering

Swannanoa, NC

#35 Jun 16, 2011
I went there the first week they were open. The food was good and I will go back again.
Just Wondering

Terrell, NC

#36 Jun 16, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
I went there the first week they were open. The food was good and I will go back again.
WHich one, Mogino's or Carmela's? I'm trying to find out where Carmela's is located.
HomeTownGirl

United States

#37 Jun 16, 2011
Never ate at mongino or other but I have lived in caldwell county .23 years since I was born and u get what you pay for around here and take in mind we ain't Italy or Mexico or whatever this is the foothills of NC not NY people ... Move to hickory or boone! What u expect outta this town?

Sorry no proper English or punctuation .. I'm slang ... I'm a product of my raising. <3 if ya ask me I miss Frosty Freeze :)
Yum Yum

Lenoir, NC

#38 Jun 16, 2011
I ate there last night and I already know what I'm ordering when I go back!! I had the "Tour of Italy" and it's definitely VERY close, if not better, than Olive Garden's. My husband had the Chicken Rosa Maria and I can't wait to order that when we go back. It was DELICIOUS!! The Algerian guy was our waiter and he was super. I think it's great that Lenoir has something besides burgers. We are very limited on our choices here. I give Mogino's two thumbs up.
This

Angier, NC

#39 Jun 16, 2011
AteThereTonight wrote:
...and I wasn't impressed. The "sauce" (and I call it sauce because "gravy" is what real Italians call "sauce" and the canned crap they are serving at Mogino's is barely sauce--and certainly not gravy by any means) is TASTELESS. Seriously. Grew up on excellent Italian food, made by REAL ITALIANS. This stuff is SLOP. Worse than Meedo's (and I didn't think ANYTHING could be worse than the junk Meedo's serves.) I had high hopes for this place because friends recommended it and had seen some positive comments posted here (but clearly the positive comments posted here were posted by "moles" for Mogino's.
We ordered 4 different items (Eggplant, Meatball Sub, Spaghetti, Chicken Calzone) and shared them among the table--and ALL were drastically under seasoned. Eggplant tasted like it was cooked in under heated Mazola)
Also, do they not know that fresh garlic, oregano, and basil are key elements to spice a dish? I couldn't find a HINT of any those flavors in any of the dishes we tried. Only the fries were edible. The fries were excellent. Crispy and hot.
Everything else? A waste.
And don't even get me started on the "decor". What a joke. Offensive to say the least.(Scarface posters? Not TOO stereotypical!) I give them 6 months if they don't learn how to properly season their food. Hopefully they will read this and turn it around. I so want to enjoy some decent food here in Lenoir. Unfortunately there is NOT ONE excellent restaurant in Lenoir. Not ONE. You have to go to Boone if you want to have a decent meal.(How sad that we have to take our money out of county to enjoy a meal!)
Now this sounds like a Normal Morganton Restaurant review on all levels . Morganton in general really stinks , The food , The people and the economy .
roberto mancini

Lawndale, NC

#40 Jun 25, 2011
well the guys who come here they know exactly what we say to our customers , if u want to promote ur business in my blog , just wish and hope and pray for it , thx ,
Yeah wrote:
You lucked out getting the gyro...the Chix parm is really bad.
wvgurl63

Fayetteville, NC

#41 Jun 27, 2011
been there many times and we LOVE it. Everythings great from the food to the service. If you havent ate there you totally should!!! need a good server ask for Crystal or Chelsey Ive had both as waitresses and both was excellent!! Moginos is one of the best restaurants in Caldwell county. The prices are great the food is beyond satisfactory ,they have italain and greek food and its the best I have ever had!!! We give two thumbs up!! Keep up the great work Moginos you always give 100%. Job well done!!PS. some wine with the food would be great!!!
really

Newton, NC

#42 Jun 28, 2011
Been there twice and enjoyed the food and service both times. Prices are very reasonable and considering it is a newer location the service went very well. Problem with all the negative post is due to the fact people here rather see a new place fail rather than succeed. For once it would be nice to see people support something new in Lenoir but seems not so likely which is why the area is like it is..come on people, try something new, open your minds and not your complaining mouths for a change. Until people here change their attitudes, businesses will continue to by-pass Lenoir and we will remain the same s##thole we are.Check the place out, worth the trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK LEAVES EU, Obama saddened. 6 min Spinelli 15
The bible Refuted, easily! 9 min Spinelli 172
The Logic Fails me: 12 min Spinelli 141
What is Blackwelder Hospital these days? (Nov '09) 6 hr Loraedmisten 30
25 shot in a German Cinema. 7 hr TSF 5
Supreme Court split on immigration reform. 7 hr Rock 6
Donald Trump web page on Crooked Hillary. 14 hr Robert 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir Mortgages