Concerned Citizen

Kings Mountain, NC

#1 Nov 17, 2010
...Stop Playing God... Start Praying To God...
shut up

Drexel, NC

#2 Nov 17, 2010
I NO THAT IS RIGHT... THE ARE SAYING U CANT POP YOUR KIDS.. THAT IT IS NOT RIGHT... WELL IM TELLING THEM I WILL POP MY KIDS HE IS NOT GOING TO GROW UP DISRESPECTING ANYONE.. AND I HAVE TO GO SEE HIM IN JAIL..SO YEAH HE DO NEED TO BACK THE HELL OFF...
none of your business

Lenoir, NC

#3 Nov 17, 2010
shut up wrote:
I NO THAT IS RIGHT... THE ARE SAYING U CANT POP YOUR KIDS.. THAT IT IS NOT RIGHT... WELL IM TELLING THEM I WILL POP MY KIDS HE IS NOT GOING TO GROW UP DISRESPECTING ANYONE.. AND I HAVE TO GO SEE HIM IN JAIL..SO YEAH HE DO NEED TO BACK THE HELL OFF...
honey please learn how to speak like normal people instead of a monkey it is he does need to back the hell of not do god people male me sick on how they come up with their own vocabulary
lol

Casar, NC

#4 Nov 17, 2010
none of your business wrote:
<quoted text>honey please learn how to speak like normal people instead of a monkey it is he does need to back the hell of not do god people male me sick on how they come up with their own vocabulary
Your sentence is not much better, i have read it 3 times and do not understand what you are saying.
Claudia

Lenoir, NC

#5 Nov 17, 2010
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sentence is not much better, i have read it 3 times and do not understand what you are saying.
After all, a sentence is just so much punctuation and grammar... a task apparently too difficult for most people... LOL

Or is it...

After all a sentence be just punctuation and grammar and I's ain't got the smarts to does it. LMAO

Since: Oct 10

Lenoir

#6 Nov 18, 2010
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad you said that ^, I thought it was just me.

Since: Oct 10

Lenoir

#7 Nov 18, 2010
I am going to put my two cents in here and I am sure many will not like it, but here goes.

I do not work for D.S.S. or the county in any way. I have seen what D.S.S. deals with on a daily basis and it is not easy. Before we bash the Social Workers, take a day and see what they see.

An abuser is an actor, they know how to manipulate the abused and them around them. My stepmother should have gotten an "Oscar" everyone thought she was the most wonderful person, and she was, when other people were around. She as most abusers do, made sure she didn't leave marks that could be seen.

The Bakers, were thieves and from what I understand, drug users, I am sure the case worker for Z.Baker never would have left that child in the care of the Bakers if he/she thought the child was in severe danger. Sadly D.S.S. cannot take a child out of a home unless they have PROOF the child is being abused. The child also has to let the social worker know what is happening, most abused children will not tell.

The D.S.S. has hundreds of cases, and I am sure thousands of calls they must look into. I myself do not blame the social worker in this case. I do however blame the parents. I also blame the family that now says "We saw her abuse her" but never did anything about it.
PPL

Hudson, NC

#8 Nov 18, 2010
Joanmarie wrote:
I am going to put my two cents in here and I am sure many will not like it, but here goes.
I do not work for D.S.S. or the county in any way. I have seen what D.S.S. deals with on a daily basis and it is not easy. Before we bash the Social Workers, take a day and see what they see.
An abuser is an actor, they know how to manipulate the abused and them around them. My stepmother should have gotten an "Oscar" everyone thought she was the most wonderful person, and she was, when other people were around. She as most abusers do, made sure she didn't leave marks that could be seen.
The Bakers, were thieves and from what I understand, drug users, I am sure the case worker for Z.Baker never would have left that child in the care of the Bakers if he/she thought the child was in severe danger. Sadly D.S.S. cannot take a child out of a home unless they have PROOF the child is being abused. The child also has to let the social worker know what is happening, most abused children will not tell.
The D.S.S. has hundreds of cases, and I am sure thousands of calls they must look into. I myself do not blame the social worker in this case. I do however blame the parents. I also blame the family that now says "We saw her abuse her" but never did anything about it.
You may want to use caution with some of the things you are saying about individuals. Putting things in writing the way you have here is not very smart. Also, you may want to consider learning how to properly write a sentence if you want to continue to engage in the topix drama.
flip flop

Lawndale, NC

#9 Nov 18, 2010
Joanmarie wrote:
I also blame the family that now says "We saw her abuse her" but never did anything about it.
What could anybody do? In your own words you say DSS can't do anything so what is somebody to do? Take the law into their own hands?
shut up

Bostic, NC

#10 Nov 18, 2010
well all i can say is that the are trying to act like bad asses now cause of that one little girl that is dead now.. because the didnt do there job when it was reported so now the are wonting to set up.. what the hell ever.. dss sucks...the even mess with people that dont need it..
fghj

Lenoir, NC

#11 Nov 18, 2010
yep! they sure do mess up lives who didnt need their help. they remove children who are loved.

but half the reason this happens is ppl abusing the reports. ppl get a lil angry, maybe jealous of someone, they arent getting their way and/or they want revenge somehow...the possiblities are endless!

And in the process...innocent children who do need help, are left suffering.

so I hope Zahra can teach those prank callers a lesson. If u have ANY empathy for children...if u just care to help even one have a better life...I hope u rethink that bullshit report next time.
Lesser Evil

Lenoir, NC

#12 Nov 18, 2010
fghj wrote:
yep! they sure do mess up lives who didnt need their help. they remove children who are loved.
but half the reason this happens is ppl abusing the reports. ppl get a lil angry, maybe jealous of someone, they arent getting their way and/or they want revenge somehow...the possiblities are endless!
And in the process...innocent children who do need help, are left suffering.
so I hope Zahra can teach those prank callers a lesson. If u have ANY empathy for children...if u just care to help even one have a better life...I hope u rethink that bullshit report next time.
I will co-sign this!! So true....So true!!
court

Lawndale, NC

#13 Nov 19, 2010
I'll give you a case that should never happen. This is an actual case with a few names altered for safety and it happens all the time.

John and Jane have been married for 7 years during that time they have 3 kids. So now you have a 5 year old,3 year old and a 1 year old. Daddy runs off with another woman and leaves mommy. Mommy then goes and files for child support. Daddy doesn't want to pay child support so he goes and files abuse charges on Mommy while he has them for a weekend. Let's say stupid s**. Here are some examples. The 3 year old was dirty, or the baby had a wet diaper, or one of them didn't have on a shoes, or one of them says mommy won't feed me( never mind mommy said eat your supper or you will go to bed hungry.) You know all the other stupid things. So DSS comes out and asks the child leading questions. Such as does mommy let you eat when you want to or what you want to. What do you think the child will answer. A simple no. So DSS takes the child. Daddy tells DSS she can't support them she has never worked and won't (OMG she's been barefoot and preg for 5 years) Mommy goes to parenting classes. Get the children back from Daddy( who didn't really want the kids and has never took care of them) Now the children are telling mommy bad things on daddy, mommy calls DSS. DSS questions the children in front of daddy(DUH). So DSS says it is non founded and sends mommy to physcologist. Eventually takes kids from mommy because mommy disciplines 5 year old who calls her a b*** because that what daddy calls you. Now daddy has kids again. Mommy is going nuts, ect,ect,.

To make a long story shorter back and forth back and forth for years. Now it has been 7 years. Mommy has not seen kids in years and DSS physcologist who helped to get the kids from mommy says I'm sorry I was wrong this should have never happened the kids are older now and are telling me what really happened. Let's get you back with your kids. TO F***** LATE THEIR MILESTONES ARE GONE.

Turns out daddy was coaching kids against mommy and using threats like DSS will take you and how bad things will be, ect, ect.

IMO this is a clear case where DSS sholud have intervened but take the kids out of the picture. Put them in foster care for a short time and send the parents to parenting classes, and the phsycologist for the sake of the children. Tell the parents you got 6 months to grow the F*** uyp and cooperate with each other or you both lose the kids. If one parent doesn't want to grow up then take that parents rights. FOR GOOD. For the sake of the childrn. Oh BTW what child that need help was being left out while this s***was going on.

This goes on all the time. Parents split and use babies as pawns.
im just sayin

Lenoir, NC

#14 Nov 19, 2010
DSS dropped the ball on this one. Iíve read all the excuses about hundreds of cases and thousands of calls and of the system being abused with fake calls and so forth, but when school officials are calling to report suspected abuse on more than one occasion and by both teachers and administrators, DSS should have been more involved in that situation.
I canít think of how a call could be more reputable than to come from the very people that are entrusted to care for and educate our children. How could these warnings have not been taken with the upmost seriousness?
heartbroken

Lenoir, NC

#15 Nov 19, 2010
wow. what a disturbing story about Jane. so awful.

and post 14...dont forget too, the truancy and lack of medical care for Zahra which should have been a huge red flag all over the DSS paperwork.

I truly cannot grasp how ppl can use their children for hateful acts...for spite. It angers me so much.

Im gonna share a personal story..probably shouldnt but I will.

I had a baby, mother in law was a social services worker. Dad decides he wants to leave and kidnaps the baby. hides him away. Mom goes nuts.(i was still breast feeding)
I call them and beg. just meet me, I need to see him. Possession is 99.9% the law....no help for mom unless she can get baby in her possession.
They put baby in foster home which killed me. It broke me and to get my baby home, I pretty much promised them custody.(Dad KNEW my issues with foster care as we'd discussed this during pregnancy)

Prob wasnt the best thing to do in retrospect. But I myself have been in those homes and I was scared for him. even more, I thought how scared he must be. Babies relate thru senses, smells, voices, touches. Then one day my son wakes up and suddenly nothing is the same...will they be able to comfort him...

They brought him home the following day, aint that something!! when court time came...daddy wouldnt fight me for custody cuz they knew Id beat him so they got mom to fight me....no chnace there...she was a social worker. Literally, they broke the laws a few times during that case and I couldnt do shit...she had all the protection.

When my son was 11...his 'mother' died. She knew she was in bad health when she took my son. How dare them do this. And the law allowed it.

I begged for a change of venue, I did all I could but the more I fought and hassled, the more they threatened me thru my son...and the less they allowed me with him.

so, right now...I am here and my son is in a freaking wilderness camp, sleeping in the woods, for punishment over something he was taught his entire life. But instead of ACTUALLY LOOKING at what his home is like and paying attention...the probation officer sends him away.
I begged her to send him here but this is another county (3 counties over)...I asked if I move? Nope! I feel like Ive been kinda forced to not be able to help my son. Its pathetic. the officer treats me like Im some kind of stranegr and kinda sticks her nose up like I was the one who never cared. but thats a normal reaction from ppl and while its easier to say Im not a parent and avoid harsh unjustified judgments...I would/will never deny my child.
My poor boy. I never had anymore...Id like to have a child to raise and love....but I cant. It hurt so bad and Im scared. And still to this day when I see kids get off the school bus...a lil piece of my heart breaks again. they robbed me AND my child. for NO reason.
I wasnt on drugs, I had a home, a job, no health problems, I was 20 yrs old.
His daddy had warrants for fishing and child support, he lived with mom and dad and had no job....still to this day has never had a job.

IF I were evr to become pregnant again...I would leave the man completely and quickly. I would run and literally hide from that man so this could never ever happen again...no chance. but to me...a child deserves both their parents...(attach clause here)
and I would feel like I wasnt being fair to my kid. So...I dont have children anymore. Im broken. And when I see these stories....it is so fresh in my mind...and I hurt for these children and Im pissed at these creeps who pretend to want the best for the kids but really, they just want the work...enter/exit. OPEN UR EYES!!!! grrrrrr
court

Lawndale, NC

#16 Nov 19, 2010
im just sayin wrote:
DSS dropped the ball on this one. Iíve read all the excuses about hundreds of cases and thousands of calls and of the system being abused with fake calls and so forth, but when school officials are calling to report suspected abuse on more than one occasion and by both teachers and administrators, DSS should have been more involved in that situation.
I canít think of how a call could be more reputable than to come from the very people that are entrusted to care for and educate our children. How could these warnings have not been taken with the upmost seriousness?
I am NOT exscusing DSS I agree with you.One of the problems is DSS main goal is to reunite or keep the child united with the parents. There main goal is not protection of the child like people think. That is why so many people that shouldn't get kids back do get them.
im just sayin

Lenoir, NC

#17 Nov 19, 2010
court wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT exscusing DSS I agree with you.One of the problems is DSS main goal is to reunite or keep the child united with the parents. There main goal is not protection of the child like people think. That is why so many people that shouldn't get kids back do get them.
I guess one just never knows what to expect when the government is involved!!
caldwell guy

United States

#18 Nov 20, 2010
With the amount of substance abuse and mental illness in this county it is amazing that we don't have a Baker case per week.
From reports i hear there can be as many as 25 reports per day of child abuse. Some are bogus and spite reports usually from custody battles.
There are many actual reports of extreme brutality toward children here and almost all involve substance abuse. We have an undermanned and underpaid protection staff mostly consisting of recent college grads with little experience.
Do the math and you will add it up to a not so good situation.
jill

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Nov 22, 2010
Joanmarie wrote:
You are so right the social worker must have proof that the child is in danger in the home . So many abusers put up a front to act as if they are the best person to walk this earth when in reality the person is a monster and sadly but true most abused children do not say " I'm abused" . The victim feels as if its their fault , that the abuser will go to jail and the victim is left with nowhere to go and no one wants them Its all so sad but true .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 3 min Ben 687
outlaw diesel mafia 6 hr the future 33
Chad Bowman (Dec '13) 6 hr Anonymous 45
welfare and nc lottery 21 hr true 25
Expose so called "Christian" drunkards 21 hr true 59
Child Support Payments Sat proudparent 1
Joey Sat Wretched 6
•••
•••
Lenoir Dating