Some fun facts about our current Boar...

Some fun facts about our current Board of Commissioners

Posted in the Lenoir Forum

Kommissar

Hudson, NC

#1 Apr 11, 2012
Here's a list of our current commissioners and the boards/committees on which they serve, whether mandated, recommended by organization, or voluntary:

Ben Griffin: Board of Health; Western Piedmont Council of Govt Policy Board (don't they do our planning/zoning now; Court House security.

Chris Barlowe: Planning Board; Foothills Regional Airport Authority; Western Piedmont Council of Govt.MPO/RPO; Communities in Schools.

Rob Bratcher: DSS Board

Mike Labrose: Smokey Mountain Center LME; (Regional Mental Health Authority)

Clay Bollinger: Nothing.

I do not believe Clay has served the interests of the county tax payer on any of these boards/committees in his four years of "service".

Discuss.
friend

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Apr 11, 2012
We thank them for their service to our County. Not many people would dedicate themselves to better gov't like they do!

Most just complain about things they know little about.
caldwell kid

Enfield, IL

#3 Apr 11, 2012
No it shows how much they wish to control everything.
Maybe Clay is just bit old to attend that many meetings
These posts used to be held by regular citizens, the Griffin group highly discourages that now.
friend

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Apr 11, 2012
caldwell kid wrote:
These posts used to be held by regular citizens, the Griffin group highly discourages that now.
Most of these positions are required to be filled by the Commissioners. LOL

Don't sleep in your civics class tomorrow.
Facts

Kinston, NC

#5 Apr 13, 2012
Kommissar wrote:
Here's a list of our current commissioners and the boards/committees on which they serve, whether mandated, recommended by organization, or voluntary:
Ben Griffin: Board of Health; Western Piedmont Council of Govt Policy Board (don't they do our planning/zoning now; Court House security.
Chris Barlowe: Planning Board; Foothills Regional Airport Authority; Western Piedmont Council of Govt.MPO/RPO; Communities in Schools.
Rob Bratcher: DSS Board
Mike Labrose: Smokey Mountain Center LME; (Regional Mental Health Authority)
Clay Bollinger: Nothing.
I do not believe Clay has served the interests of the county tax payer on any of these boards/committees in his four years of "service".
Discuss.
Who is your guy Kommissar?
wait a minute

Taylorsville, NC

#6 May 8, 2012
These current commissioners are doing exactly what we hired them to do.
Save money and run the county like they would their own businesses.
I don't necessarily agree with everything they do but they are trying to keep the spending down.
GWhisnant

Lenoir, NC

#7 May 8, 2012
wait a minute wrote:
These current commissioners are doing exactly what we hired them to do.
Save money and run the county like they would their own businesses.
I don't necessarily agree with everything they do but they are trying to keep the spending down.
I'm pretty sure one of those guys blew me.
Really

Lenoir, NC

#8 May 8, 2012
friend wrote:
We thank them for their service to our County. Not many people would dedicate themselves to better gov't like they do!
Most just complain about things they know little about.
Better govt like they do? Really? They gave away our water, let good county employees go and for NO reason, you need to wake up cause you know very very LITTLE.
Hooray

United States

#9 May 8, 2012
caldwell kid wrote:
Has anyone watched Bollinger in these CC meetings? He's going senile. He made a complete fool of him self at the "debate". He can't answer any questions that he hasn't been spoon fed the answers. He is easily confused. I am dead serious when I say he is exhibiting classic signs of Alzheimer's. It's sad.
friend

Barnwell, SC

#10 May 8, 2012
Just wait until the new guys take office and you will see them take over the committees. Then you can vote them out due to ignorance.
county mess

Morganton, NC

#11 May 22, 2012
Are you kidding? They are all a bunch of thief co*ks*ckers - keep voting them all in office
matt

Maiden, NC

#12 May 23, 2012
friend wrote:
Just wait until the new guys take office and you will see them take over the committees. Then you can vote them out due to ignorance.
Like we did Ben
Concerned citizen

Lenoir, NC

#13 May 26, 2012
That's not a good thing the Commissioners trying to save the County money. Chris Barlowe knows how to spend it and that's probably how he is paying for his Easter Beach Trip, daughter's car, family trip in June, etc. He is good at sneaking around using other people's money.
sam

Lenoir, NC

#14 May 27, 2012
matt wrote:
<quoted text>Like we did Ben
Ben is a very successful business man. I'll bet he is much smarter and successful than you'll ever be. Certain county employees support Church because they know the checkbook will wide open. It will be interesting to see the shape of the county budget in a year or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton has no heart to win 6 hr Slippery Pete 42
Trump just called Cruz a SLEAZE on twitter. 6 hr Yes Liberal 14
Congressman's Plan Force TSF's Militant Pals to... 7 hr Slippery Pete 211
Trump wins N.H. 7 hr waco1909 60
46 Georgia prison guards arrested 8 hr waco1909 5
Head RW Government Moocher BUNDY Arrested 11 hr waco1909 33
Slippery Pete's Groovy & Otherwise Musique 12 hr Slippery Pete 352
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir Mortgages