Red Pig or New City Bar B Que?

Posted in the Lenoir Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ex-Employee

Decatur, GA

#1 Dec 16, 2011
The owner does not pay minimum wage! He only pays the cooks and dishwashers $5.00 an hour. The waitresses make around $2.00 plus tips. He instructed us to tell we would be getting a 1099 at the end of the year if anybody came in asking questions. WTF????? If you have workers with set hours and supply the equipment to work with that is in violation of the law. Does he not know that the Wage and Hour Division is going to want to see his records??? He is a real smart ass jerk. Not only with the employees but with customers too. He thinks that by putting the work schedule on a calendar there's no record of who works when. He is always changing the hours without telling the employees. This place is a real mess.
Randall

United States

#2 Dec 16, 2011
My workers are paid what they are worth. They should be grateful I hired them. Nobody else would. If anybody that works for me has a problem with the way I do things then dont bother to come back. I can always find another reject to take your place.
Customer

Hudson, NC

#3 Dec 16, 2011
I will tell you that we came in to eat and heard a man who was in charge (manager, owner?) really fussing at employees right there where the customers can hear. We sat in the front seats. It was a real turn off for us and we have not been back and do not plan to. I was really hoping it would make it this time, but for whatever reason problems are being "discussed" within earshot of customers just trying to have a meal.. it will never make it. Customer service is important and someone is overlooking the needs of the customers.
sam

Lenoir, NC

#4 Dec 16, 2011
Is it the same fat jerk that was there before?
That's all he ever did was belittle employees the two times I went there. Needless to say that is the very reason I never went back. I went by there today on my way to lenoir and there was only one car there, can't last long like that.
GF Reg Cust

Lenoir, NC

#5 Dec 16, 2011
I was very much a regular in the GF Q, and thought that I would try out Red Pig-again. Will not be back-maybe to either location-the help at Red Pig was not only not friendly-but down right rude. The help in GF keeps changing and the new ones they are getting aren't worth anything. Looks like the owner would realize that you get what you pay for.
Pam

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2011
Randall wrote:
My workers are paid what they are worth. They should be grateful I hired them. Nobody else would. If anybody that works for me has a problem with the way I do things then dont bother to come back. I can always find another reject to take your place.
It's no wonder you have no business. You sound like a first rate s.o.b. Maybe your "rejects" will take your a** to the labor board. Sounds like you are definitely in violation of the labor laws. Also, if you talk to them in person the way you have on here that is considered harassment. Umm, let's see- harassment, not paying minimum wage, what else are you doing illegally? Hope you get the maximum in fines and have to pay these people what you cheated them out of.
4getU

Lenoir, NC

#7 Dec 16, 2011
Randall wrote:
hope you can find more customers as well. With an attitude like this, I won't be gracing your door.
tellme

Ladys Island, SC

#8 Dec 18, 2011
whats up with the old bus you see sometimes at the one in granite ?
Duh

Mooresville, IN

#9 Dec 18, 2011
tellme wrote:
whats up with the old bus you see sometimes at the one in granite ?
That's what the owner uses to transport the rejects between the 2 places.
mskes me sick

Conover, NC

#10 Dec 20, 2011
I went to the New City BBQ on Saturday. The food was pretty good. But I have to agree abut the gray headed guy that cooks, not sure if he runs the place or what.I was very upset while I was in there. I just got a togo Order and he was fussing at the other guy that was helping. He was very loud and everyone in the place could hear him, I agree that there is a time and a place for everything and I don't think customers should have to hear an employee getting chewed out. Nothing makes me more upset. So no matter how good the food was I will not be back. Learn how to respect your employees and customers. Jerk !!!!!
Customer

Hudson, NC

#11 Dec 20, 2011
I agree the food was fine, just not good enough to put up with hearing the employees getting chewed out.
Sally

Newton, NC

#12 Dec 21, 2011
I ate there yesterday the food was terrible,totally overpriced (got a bar-b-que sandwich,fries,and drink almost $8.00. The service was awful. I sat in front and the cooks would yell out order up. I thought that was so rude. I will never go back.
Justme

Lenoir, NC

#13 Dec 21, 2011
If you want good BBQ go to Hannah. Much less drama
Sally

Maiden, NC

#14 Dec 21, 2011
That's exactly where I will go next time Hannah's
info

Ladys Island, SC

#15 Dec 21, 2011
Justme wrote:
If you want good BBQ go to Hannah. Much less drama
if you want good BBQ, forget the fly by night joints around here and go to woodlands !! they are the best no drama & enjoy some cold beer !
Randall

United States

#16 Dec 21, 2011
I have to make things clear to my employees and that means sometimes having to talk stern to them. Unfortuately they are not the smartest around but I am helping them by allowing them to work for me. Anybody that has a problem with the way I run my business can go some place else.
4getU

Lenoir, NC

#17 Dec 21, 2011
Randall wrote:
I have to make things clear to my employees and that means sometimes having to talk stern to them. Unfortuately they are not the smartest around but I am helping them by allowing them to work for me. Anybody that has a problem with the way I run my business can go some place else.
Don't mind if I do. It won't be your business long if you keep this attitude though. It'll be empty or another fly by will rent it after you are gone.

If that's how you want things, then it is what it is.
Customer

Hudson, NC

#18 Dec 21, 2011
You just confirmed my decision to never step foot in your restaurant again. I will also pass the word to all my friends and relatives. I have a feeling most people will have a problem with the way you run your business when they find out about your attitude toward customers and employees.

Since: Dec 11

Monroe, NC

#19 Dec 21, 2011
C'mon its clear "randall" is op.
4getU

Lenoir, NC

#20 Dec 21, 2011
holbomb wrote:
C'mon its clear "randall" is op.
what opposition are you in reference to? Hannah's has been established in this area for years, they don't have to worry about anybody moving into the Red Pig. They were in the Pig themselves a few years back and decided it wasn't worth renting.

I'll be a fair person and visit one time to see for myself, but if I see the things that are being said happening there, I won't go back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question about Woodlawn Memorial Gardens 11 min Lynette 9
Edgar Starnes replacement?? 22 min Lynette 15
Brookford Inn Rest Home 1 hr call them 3
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 1 hr Central Texas Town 4,227
Caldwell social services 2 hr gogo 5
Lenoir, what a horrible place! 2 hr Hawk 8
Caldwell / Burke County Yard Sale. (Mar '13) 5 hr God is god 28
Lenoir Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web