Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32989 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
No white person is reminded of a period in the past of great injustice and suffering by the term "cracker". You have always been on the side of power, so you have no frame of reference to make the term "bad" or "offensive". Do you think the term "cracker" and the word "n*gger" have the same power and on the same level?
I think you avoided this question, Bacon, as you always seem to do.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#32990 Jan 21, 2013
TSF wrote:
Pro, Your misintrepretation of "distributive property" (and that of the author of your link)would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Distributive property means that you get the same answer regardless of the sequence of the mathematical operation . For instance: 3 X 2 X 6=36
and by the distributive property 6 X 2 X 3= 36. Teaching children about distributive properties IS NOT TEACHING THEM re-distribution of wealth. This is a perfect example of how uneducated republikans are tricked in to believing the BS that the tax breaks for the rich leaders feed them.
This is basically why republikans hate education. If their followig becomes informed, they are more difficult to brainwash into believing the BS.
<quoted text>
Actually, your example is a little flawed. The property you are demonstrating is called Commutative Law. It allows you to swap numbers around and get the same answer, i.e. your example.

Distributive law is when you multiply a variable across a polynomial.

3x(x+1+2y)= 3x^2 + 3x + 6xy

While distributive law does not directly teach "redistribution of wealth" it does however teach basic principles of redistibution.

The economic policy of taxing the wealthy "just a little more" is closely aligned with the communist ideology of redistribution of wealth. Nationalization is the redistibution of physical property.

Since we are talking about redistribution, again, here is some more info for review.

"Today, income redistribution occurs in some form in most democratic countries. In a progressive income tax system, a high income earner will pay a higher tax rate than a low income earner. The difference between the Gini index for an income distribution before taxation and the Gini index after taxation is an indicator for the effects of such taxation. Two common types of governmental redistribution of wealth are subsidies and vouchers (such as food stamps). These "transfer payment" programs are funded through general taxation, but disproportionately benefit the poor, who pay fewer or no taxes. While the persons receiving redistributions from such programs may prefer to be directly given cash, these programs may be more palatable to society, as it gives society some measure of control over how the funds are spent."

"Currently in the United States, any means-tested entitlement program can be considered a redistributive effort. This is because the US Government practices a progressive income tax that disproportionately yields public revenues from various earnings brackets. As the wealthy pay more into the system and the poor receive more marginal utility through programs such as TANF, Medicaid, FHA insured loans, and the earned income tax credit (all of which are means-tested), it could be argued that the United States has democratically opted for the redistribution of wealth. Each of these programs provide services or financial aid to the poor."

"The Gini coefficient (also known as the Gini index or Gini ratio) is a measure of statistical dispersion. The Gini coefficient measures the inequality among values of a frequency distribution (for example levels of income). A Gini coefficient of zero expresses perfect equality, where all values are the same (for example, where everyone has an exactly equal income). A Gini coefficient of one (100 on the percentile scale) expresses maximal inequality among values (for example where only one person has all the income). There are some issues in interpreting a Gini coefficient. The same value may result from many different distribution curves. The demographic structure should be taken into account. Countries with an aging population, or with a baby boom, experience an increasing pre-tax Gini coefficient even if real income distribution for working adults remain constant."

Location hidden

#32991 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Right is right, and wrong is wrong. No way of dancing around that.
You asked me "Do you think God will view this favorably?" I gave you God's words about us thinking for Him. No way of dancing around that. I'm not in the business of thinking for God.

Location hidden

#32992 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you avoided this question, Bacon, as you always seem to do.
Do you know every white person and how they feel about being called a "cracker"? Unless you do, it's nothing more than your opinion. Looks like you've got on your dancing shoes.

Location hidden

#32994 Jan 21, 2013
TSF wrote:
Pro, Your misintrepretation of "distributive property" (and that of the author of your link)would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Distributive property means that you get the same answer regardless of the sequence of the mathematical operation . For instance: 3 X 2 X 6=36
and by the distributive property 6 X 2 X 3= 36. Teaching children about distributive properties IS NOT TEACHING THEM re-distribution of wealth. This is a perfect example of how uneducated republikans are tricked in to believing the BS that the tax breaks for the rich leaders feed them.
This is basically why republikans hate education. If their followig becomes informed, they are more difficult to brainwash into believing the BS.
<quoted text>
"Criticism

Conservative, libertarian and neoliberal arguments against property redistribution consider the term a euphemism for theft or forced labor, and argue that redistribution of legitimately obtained property cannot ever be just. Public choice theory states that redistribution tends to benefit those with political clout to set spending priorities more than those in need, who lack real influence on government.

In the United States, some of the founding fathers and several subsequent leaders expressed opposition to redistribution of wealth.

Samuel Adams stated: "The utopian schemes of leveling [redistribution of wealth], and a community of goods, are as visionary and impracticable as those that vest all property in the Crown.[These ideas] are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional."

James Madison, author of the Constitution, wrote, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

United States President Grover Cleveland vetoed an expenditure of federal aid explaining,

I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution; and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should, I think, be steadily resisted ... The friendliness and charity of our fellow countrymen can always be relied on to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune..... Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the Government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character, while it prevents the indulgence among our people of that kindly sentiment and conduct which strengthens the bonds of a common brotherhood."

Location hidden

#32995 Jan 21, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>My Great Grandmother said that some people let "chains of the past, chain them in the future".
Yup, mine said it is better to be hated for who you are, than loved for what you are not.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32996 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still victims at your place of work. Your agency refuse to serve them by your own prejudice and admission. You condone their victimization and even brag about it.
Not for nothing AZ, I find it amusing how you don't put yourself into play. Should you not say "We" are still victims....? It was just an observation.

Location hidden

#32997 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
The old double standard again Arnold. Chicken shit is a personal opinion, so are the names you're called. My personal and outdated favorite is when the whites are called "crackers". Is that a personal opinion or you just give that one a pass? IMO, name calling is all personal opinion, just depends on how much mud you're willing to sling.
Not really, I am called RACIAL names...A huge difference

Location hidden

#32998 Jan 21, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Not for nothing AZ, I find it amusing how you don't put yourself into play. Should you not say "We" are still victims....? It was just an observation.
All of you play the semantics game to avoid the real truth of how you really feel about discrimination and speaking out against injustice.

Location hidden

#32999 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know every white person and how they feel about being called a "cracker"? Unless you do, it's nothing more than your opinion. Looks like you've got on your dancing shoes.
You know the answer. You are just too gutless to admit the truth so you dance around it like you always do. That is you M.O. since this threat began.

Location hidden

#33000 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you play the semantics game to avoid the real truth of how you really feel about discrimination and speaking out against injustice.
AZ, I did not grow up where color of ANYONE was an issue. I speak of injustice all the time ask the people I work with, so don't "lump" in where you know nothing. Further more my heritage is Native American AND female, so don't talk to me about discrimination. I try to cast off those "chains" that bind me to the historical past. Native Americans and women are moving right along in today's world.

Location hidden

#33001 Jan 21, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>My Great Grandmother said that some people let "chains of the past, chain them in the future".
Coming from two people who haven't a clue about the other side of the wall

Location hidden

#33002 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Slick Willie brought more prosperity to you than any other President of your lifetime.
No he didn't, Al Gore did. It was Al who invented the Internet which created the dot com boom, not Slick Willy.

Location hidden

#33003 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Black kids of today have many prisons to free themselves of. Many continue to think freedom is "how cool you dress" and this is a typical reaction to poverty. When I see "the cool" black kids at school who are wearing the cool sneakers and the expensive hoody, I understand their need to give an appearance, but I advise them that they will never be free until they truly work hard and strive to get an education that will provide these things for a lifetime. I tell them my story to try and get through. Education will always be the key to success and is worth every hard ship you have to endure. Some see it, but many do not and like most kids, black and white, only live for the moment. The stuggle continues on.
Maybe you could educate them as to where the fad of wearing the pants at the bottom of your ass cheeks originated and then maybe, just maybe, they would pull them up!
I can honestly say that when someone walked into my office for an interview wearing sagging pants, regardless of their qualifications, age, race, gender, etc..., they were immediately out of the running for the position. Appearance is everything and you never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Location hidden

#33004 Jan 21, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you could educate them as to where the fad of wearing the pants at the bottom of your ass cheeks originated and then maybe, just maybe, they would pull them up!
I can honestly say that when someone walked into my office for an interview wearing sagging pants, regardless of their qualifications, age, race, gender, etc..., they were immediately out of the running for the position. Appearance is everything and you never get a second chance to make a first impression!
I know the origin. I tell them the origin and it means nothing to them. More importantly, I tell them the nature of business and what you said because I know it is true. They, like all of us, will have to grow up and learn from experience. Until then, they can remain in poverty by their own defiance. I tell them the truth.

Location hidden

#33005 Jan 21, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>AZ, I did not grow up where color of ANYONE was an issue. I speak of injustice all the time ask the people I work with, so don't "lump" in where you know nothing. Further more my heritage is Native American AND female, so don't talk to me about discrimination. I try to cast off those "chains" that bind me to the historical past. Native Americans and women are moving right along in today's world.
So why don't you speak out against Silver when he lays out his racial name calling? It's Ok to let him continue to speak words in such disrespectful ways, or are you just going to lay down and not object and call him out? Maybe you do, but I don't!

Location hidden

#33006 Jan 21, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for the math lesson, I fully understand distributive properties. The problem lies with the Commucrats agenda through govt education of planting the seed into the minds of our youth with the title, "Re-Distribution of Wealth" and the picture of a "little, happy, well dressed, white girl",(racism) instead of a black or hispanic, running around with a "bag full of money" ,(which represents the evil rich) instead of a purse or change purse,(and I personally don't know of any little white girls who run around with bags of money), while throwing out "paper money",(that the evil rich obtained through the hard work of the poor) instead of coins, all of which has nothing to do with distributive properties, so why put it on the paper? Again, it's to plant the seeds of the Commucrats agenda into govt education!

Location hidden

#33007 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you speak out against Silver when he lays out his racial name calling? It's Ok to let him continue to speak words in such disrespectful ways, or are you just going to lay down and not object and call him out? Maybe you do, but I don't!
I figure he is called out enough on here, you have been calling him out for how long? Is he gonna change because of me? No. I know this, thus a waste of my time. You just want to add another voice to YOUR cause, if you notice, I don't add a voice to HIS cause either. I don't fight other peoples battles for them AZ, I have enough of my own. Are you not guilty of any disrespect on here? You guys call Silver a traitor because he's moving, the land of the free is only for YOU right?

Location hidden

#33008 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is faulting the rich. It is just fair for them to pay their portion of the freight. Why are they excluded from the burden of the country?
Could you please explain why they should pay more than their share of the freight and how they are excluded from the burden plz?

Location hidden

#33009 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the answer. You are just too gutless to admit the truth so you dance around it like you always do. That is you M.O. since this threat began.
You were too gutless to respond to my statement about being called a dirty jew. You think that's a term of endearment? Arnold, the fact is, you want everyone to be outraged about what you consider racism towards you, when in fact, we all are victims of some sort of racism. It's if we choose to carry the mantle of being a "victim" around our necks daily that makes a difference. You choose to be a victim. Why do others need to stand up for you, you're a man, stand for yourself. Sorry dude, but I'll put the Holocaust up against your story of your ancestors working on the plantations any day of the week if it's a spitting contest you're want.
From day one, I specifically asked Silver about his POV when he remarked he agreed with Hitler on some things. He gave a satisfactory answer to me and that was the end of it. If you don't like his name calling, just do like you do when you're dodging a post to you on here and move on and don't give it anymore thought. Why are you giving your power to a stranger? When you run all henny penny on here asking everyone to condemn him, you have so given away your power and he reads the weakness in you. No pun intended, but he had you at Sambo when you start blaming others for his behavior and forget he's the one name calling not us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexicans parking in front yard 3 min yet again 12
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 27 min State of Florida 9,416
Brown Mountain Aliens 39 min State of Florida 8
What Has Happened to Green Mountain Park (Apr '14) 1 hr Aint working for ... 56
Alzheimer's 4 hr State of Florida 3
News Witch conjures up life in Burke (Nov '07) 4 hr jonathan 185
Sex and Dementia 5 hr State of Florida 5
More from around the web

Lenoir People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]