Frycook

Charlotte, NC

#22 Feb 10, 2007
sporter wrote:
The Sporter is moving to where the Deli n Cream was...and not the Deli wasnt sold from under them..I think someone involved in it had health issues.
Not true according to the owner and her family.
gogo

Inman, SC

#23 Feb 11, 2007
Frycook wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true according to the owner and her family.
Who owns the building where Jerry and Deanna were located and what is really coming into the space?
Not too sure

Hickory, NC

#24 Feb 11, 2007
Eatmorechicn wrote:
Has anyone tried the Nara Express across from Lenoir Crossings. That is great Jap food
I don't know. They had a B rating the last time I went there.
aaaa

Lenoir, NC

#25 Feb 11, 2007
gogo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who owns the building where Jerry and Deanna were located and what is really coming into the space?
Mike Correll and Bruce Cannon. Bruce is an attorney and I think one day Mike may make one.
Elsie

United States

#26 Feb 11, 2007
My favorite is mostly a cheeseburger all the way.For this I go to Carl's Sandwhich Shop in Hudson they also do great barbeque.The Icey Freez on Morganton Blvd. has good cheeseburgers as well.The Yellow Submarine has good food.For a plate lunch or breakfast Donna's Cafe & Crossroads Restaurant are fantastic.The Golden Corral is one that I really miss.Ruby Tuesday's food is good but not that good to pay those prices.Fuji's is my favorite oriental restaurant because they give you your money's worth and the food is good.My all time favorite above any and all is the old fashioned Smithey Burger which can still be had at The Depot.
Imploder

AOL

#27 Feb 12, 2007
If you want the best club sandwich ever made, alas, you are too late. Mary Miller of Todd's Country Store in Buffalo Cove made a club sandwich which was beyond any description. Mary retired last year after many, many years of old fashioned, down-home service. She is SORELY missed by all who knew her sweet smile and friendly greetings.
Her replacement is a young lady named Sarah who does an admirable job with it. I have found Todd's to be one of those old-timey forgotten places which father time saw fit never to change. Whenever I am in Lenoir, I make a point of driving up to Todd's for a Sarah-Club or BLT. It is definately worth the trip. Better hurry, though. "Progress" will find its way across Buffalo Mountain soon and the Todd's we all know and love will quietly go the way of the Edsel.
PS - There is a neat old stove store next door which sells those old fashioned cook stoves grandmother used to cook on. I thought all that stuff was gone.
HollyB239

Lincolnton, NC

#28 Feb 24, 2007
If you are looking for a dining/entertainment experience that offers great food, an ambiance of casual yet sophisticated, and a “fun” atmosphere, than you will love BUZZARDS, Lenoir’s newest downtown restaurant/bar. The building at 819 West Avenue, Lenoir, formerly housed Berkley’s Corner but now under new ownership, not only the name has changed, but the atmosphere, staff and food have changed for the better.
The tasty traditional American menu offers signature dishes that include homemade soups, baseball sirloin steaks, prime rib, fried oysters, 3 marinated grilled chicken choices and seven pasta dishes on the menu. Something to please every appetite and offer a variety that would allow you to eat here every night!
Live entertainment from bluegrass, blues, country and rock and roll on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Call for scheduled performers.
BUZZARDS also offers a full service bar on the first level (entrance on Church Street)that is a good example of what an American tavern should be - fun, friendly, lively, cozy, and with good food to go with it.
aaa

Lenoir, NC

#29 Mar 6, 2007
I like the Vintage Cafe(?) in Hudson. They have some great chow.
word in edge wise

Greer, SC

#30 Mar 6, 2007
Cad wrote:
<quoted text>
Building was sold and they're putting a sports bar in there. Some lawyers uptown owned the building and sold it right out from under Deanna. What a loss!!
You can thank Bruce Cannon for some of that.
wasssup

United States

#31 Mar 6, 2007
River road diner in the valley has some good food. Becky and Tim make a good burger all the way and the chicken salad is one of a kind. Tim used to work at the red pig in witnell before he moved there. It is small though and only has a few tables to dine in there.
gogo

Waxhaw, NC

#32 Mar 7, 2007
Noticed that they were working on Deanna's old place yesterday. Does anyone know what is actually going in now? I heard that Deanna still owned the equipment, wonder if they bought it to open a restaurant?
word in edge wise

Greer, SC

#33 Mar 9, 2007
HollyB239 wrote:
If you are looking for a dining/entertainment experience that offers great food, an ambiance of casual yet sophisticated, and a “fun” atmosphere, than you will love BUZZARDS, Lenoir’s newest downtown restaurant/bar. The building at 819 West Avenue, Lenoir, formerly housed Berkley’s Corner but now under new ownership, not only the name has changed, but the atmosphere, staff and food have changed for the better.
The tasty traditional American menu offers signature dishes that include homemade soups, baseball sirloin steaks, prime rib, fried oysters, 3 marinated grilled chicken choices and seven pasta dishes on the menu. Something to please every appetite and offer a variety that would allow you to eat here every night!
Live entertainment from bluegrass, blues, country and rock and roll on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Call for scheduled performers.
BUZZARDS also offers a full service bar on the first level (entrance on Church Street)that is a good example of what an American tavern should be - fun, friendly, lively, cozy, and with good food to go with it.
Is jason annas still working there?
HollyB239

Naples, FL

#34 Mar 28, 2007
word in edge wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is jason annas still working there?
NO, he has been gone since end of January...
Pumpkinhead

Charlotte, NC

#35 Mar 30, 2007
Bruce Cannon is putting his office there.
Just Wondering

Burlington, CT

#36 Apr 16, 2007
Is it true that the owner of Buzzard's is from NY, and has insulted many of the locals with "southern" put downs? IE: That the reason he chose the name "Buzzard's" is because he thought a name like that would appeal to the people here? This is what I've heard...don't know if it's true. Anyone???
Just Wondering

Gray Court, SC

#37 Apr 17, 2007
Ok, now I'm "just wondering" about something else. The above was my first post, as I just found this forum yesterday. My question is, why does it show me as being in Atlanta, Ga., when I'm right here in Lenoir?

I was wondering why so many in different areas were posting on a Lenoir forum.

Since: Apr 07

Lenoir, NC

#38 Apr 17, 2007
Truth or Dare wrote:
ROADKILL IS BETTER THAN THE ???? FOOD IN LENOIR. EMIRIL PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, everyone is entitled to his own opinion but let's be fair here. There are several good placed to eat in Lenoir --- Meedo's, Pancho Villa, Crossroad's Restaurant, Bo's, Sanders Farmhouse Restaurant, Nara Express, Hong Kong Palace, Sagebrush, Amie's Cafe, Clarence's Friendly Lunch, Giovanni's, Kelley's Kitchen, Piccolo's Italian Restaurant, China Buffet, to name a few. I haven't been to Buzzard's yet but I understand it is good too. I plan to try it soon. Remember, sometimes you can get the best tasting food at what some might call a "whole in the wall." The list above shows a restaurant style to suit anyone.
Just Wondering

Hopkins, SC

#39 Apr 17, 2007
Food Critic wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, everyone is entitled to his own opinion but let's be fair here. There are several good placed to eat in Lenoir --- Meedo's, Pancho Villa, Crossroad's Restaurant, Bo's, Sanders Farmhouse Restaurant, Nara Express, Hong Kong Palace, Sagebrush, Amie's Cafe, Clarence's Friendly Lunch, Giovanni's, Kelley's Kitchen, Piccolo's Italian Restaurant, China Buffet, to name a few. I haven't been to Buzzard's yet but I understand it is good too. I plan to try it soon. Remember, sometimes you can get the best tasting food at what some might call a "whole in the wall." The list above shows a restaurant style to suit anyone.
Food Critic, I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Buzzard's, as did my 6 friends. Most of us ordered different things, and we all left well satisfied. I hope you try it soon and enjoy it as well. I still wonder if what I posted above is true though.
johnthomasc3

Summerville, SC

#40 Jan 30, 2008
I have been to Buzzards. I grew up in Philadelphia. I live in Chapin, SC. My girlfriend is from Morganton. We ate ate Buzzard's the previous weekend and I had their Philly cheesesteak. I was pleasantly surprised that it was one of the better cheesesteaks I have had outside Phila.

Friday nights there is some shagging going on, and I highly recommend a visit. After all, shagging is the NC and SC state dance.
Just Wondering

Pomaria, SC

#41 Jan 30, 2008
John, do they have shagging every weekend, or was it just the one time? I heard about it, but couldn't go that night. I can't imaging where they have room for dancing, but it sounds good. It's really a compliment for a Philly guy to say that about a cheesesteak outside of Philly.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr... (Jun '13) 1 hr Reason 152
Dula/Moore BS story in Topic (Jun '13) 2 hr Seeking justice 31
Patrick Hollar (Sep '14) 2 hr No brainer 18
Kandice farr 2 hr Seeking justice 6
No GOFUNDME for arrested officer. 7 hr Scmid 244
Kent T 11 hr Sorry 17
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 12 hr State of Florida 9,244
More from around the web

Lenoir People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]