Bo's "Family" Restaurant

Bo's "Family" Restaurant

Posted in the Lenoir Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Morganton, NC

#1 Apr 29, 2009
Recently while stopping by Bo's to get keys from a friend that was drinking, I was very disgusted with this "Family" gathering site. I could not get in the door for all the kids (and it was past their bedtime) standing blocking the door. Also the teenagers outside dealing...dont know what they were dealing but it was very obvious. Why do our "cops" let this happen? There is no where to go in Lenoir to have a good time without mess like this. I think this establishment was a waste of money if its going to be a gathering ground for our kids to ruin their future getting caught up in the wrong crowd, and participating in mischeif like this.
single dad

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Apr 29, 2009
I was told by the teenage daughter of a friend that teenagers are required to buy $10 worth of game cards in order to enter Bo's at certain times, which probably explains why they are milling around the entrance.

“I say bad words.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 29, 2009
Where do you suggest they go for social gatherings? We have no mall. You can't cruise uptown. There is absolutely nothing in Lenoir for our teens to do. What were they dealing? What kind of mischief were they causing? Are you speculating or are you stating facts? What should we do with our bored teens? Build a big building for them to stand in and socialize with cops walking around? Bo's is for people of all ages. I would be more concerned with the drunks in the bar than the teens standing outside. Who knows..maybe they are waiting on their drunk parents so they can be their designated driver.
wedgiemaster

Dudley, NC

#4 Apr 29, 2009
I know when we were there a couple of weeks ago with friends, they made an announcement near 10:00 pm that if you were under 18, you had to have a parent or guardian in order to stay. so maybe that could account for the kids hangin' around outside. I guess just like anywhere else, there were decent kids there, but there were clearly some thugs as well.
but like the previous poster, I agree that Lenoir could definitely use some more places for our teens to socialize safely.
Buford

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Apr 29, 2009
Before Bo's came to town, all we heard was that the teens had "no place to go". Now they have a place to go and we complain about them being there. We need to thank Bo's, not bash them. Stop complaining..........
Her Majesty

United States

#6 Apr 29, 2009
I have been to Bo's several times with my husband and sometimes I bring my two young children. I like the place and the general idea of the place but I agree that there isn't enough monitoring of what is going on. My children are 7 and 10 years old and they don't need to hear teens around them using profanity. As far as outside...it doesn't take a genius to realize that all the kids aren't "just waiting on their parents". If they had their employees monitor the loitering outside and if they wouldn't tolerate vulgar language I think it would be much more family friendly.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 29, 2009
Family place? Last time I was at BO's me and my boy were trying to drink some delicious beer at the bar, when this disgusting redneck approaches me and starts asking me to "bust a rap" for him. To which I amicably declined.

Not to mention the plethora of white trash tramps that hang around there. Seriously... 90% of the girls that hang out at Bo's are the scum of the earth. I quit going to that place a WHILE back.

Family friendly? I think not. I think the last time I was there I was watching a panthers game (or at least trying to), and people kept trying to sell me weed, or buy weed from me.

I'm not a big fan of weed, or the people who partake in it, so that can be quite the annoyance.

Bo's is a dump.

Since: Apr 09

Morganton, NC

#8 Apr 30, 2009
Just because there is "no place" in Lenoir for teens to "hang out" does not mean it is alright to let them hang out outside a bar and get into trouble. And very few of the girls I saw that night were fully clothed. It is sad that some people think it is ok for children (not old enough to drive) to be at Bo's by their self. My children will not be going there, and I fell sorry for those children whose parents do not care enough to check out where their kids are spending time.

Some people in Lenoir are oblivious to the drugs that are going around, but I have enough common sense to see when someone is standing outside Bo's dealing drugs.

It is sad and I wish we did have a real place for our kids that want to have fun, without vulgar language, or drunks stumbling around.

The only thing to do is pray for our kids because they are our future and we have to raise them right.

Since: Apr 09

Lenoir, NC

#9 Apr 30, 2009
When my children are old enough I certainly will NOT let them hang out at Bo's. At least not unsupervised by myself or some other RESPONSIBLE adult. If I left the house dressed like some of the girls that hang out there...well, I wouldn't have been allowed to leave the house like that...and neither will my children. I know that times change but a tramp is a tramp no matter what year it is and those parents who think there just letting their kids be themselves are diluted. Kids are who we shape them to be. That is our jobs as parents and a parent that is okay with their young daughter looking and acting like a tramp should be ashamed!

As for Bo's...supervision is the key. Rock concerts aren't exactly free of bad influences but I'll allow my kids to go if they are supervised. We teach our kids what is right and wrong and until they are trustworthy to make the right decisions that is what they get. Strict supervision and direction.
gv4l

Linville, NC

#10 Apr 30, 2009
sassy26 wrote:
The only thing to do is pray for our kids because they are our future and we have to raise them right.

If all we can do is pray then we are really screwed!

That cliché that "our children are our future" has been stated without conviction for too long. I am unsure as to what that is supposed to mean to a praying person. I thought that the afterlife was the future of people who pray.

Maybe kids would turn out better if their parents didn’t brainwash and confuse them so much.
Jackson

Clayton, NC

#11 Apr 30, 2009
After hearing about all the teens hanging around out side of this place and the drugs that are sold outside and such, I have to wonder why any parent would want their teens to hang out here. Some of the above posters who say they think we should thank the owners for providing a place for the teens must have been really trying to find somewhere to dump them off at to get them outa their hair for awhile if they dont care what goes on at this place. sounds like they just want rid of the the teens and as long as they have a place to dump them, they dont care what they do while they are there, at least they are outa the parents hair for a while. Parents today really have no clue what their teens are doing and alot of them dont care as long at they are out of the house.
gv4l

Linville, NC

#12 Apr 30, 2009
Her Majesty wrote:
I know that times change but a tramp is a tramp no matter what year it is and those parents who think there just letting their kids be themselves are diluted.
When you say “tramp” do you mean a homeless person who travels on foot, often begging for a living or are you referring to a “working girl” that actually pays her bills?

"Kids are who we shape them to be"... but that only works if we already are the person that we want our children to become. If you are the great person that you want your child to become, then have faith in them and allow them to make some decisions themselves. If they should happen to experience the consequences of bad decisions and problems it will help prepare them for the real world. Don't just shelter them all of the time. We could be waiting a long, long time for a child to be mature enough to hang out at Bo's if we have not yet matured ourselves. I am not singling you out, just thinking out loud.

Since: Apr 09

Lenoir, NC

#13 Apr 30, 2009
I mean tramp as in a girl who dresses like a hooker...and probably acts like one. Sorry, I forgot to discuss it with Mariam Webster before using that word

There are certain decision I will allow my children to make for themselves but they will still be supervised in making those decisions that could potentially lead them down the wrong path. I don't claim to be perfect myself but why would let my child make a wrong decision when I have already made that wrong decision myself and have had to live with the consequences? Would I let them wake up with a hangover? Yes. Would I let them drive drunk? No. Just because I am supervising their decisions doesn't mean that I am necessarily making all those decisions for them but my job is to protect them and lead them down the right path and that is what I plan to do.

Letting a child dress like a street walker when they go out is not going show them that path and could shape their future. Trash hangs out with trash. Don't be naive. Look at groups of teens. The ones that get into trouble all the time hang together. They dress the same and act similar.
gv4l

Linville, NC

#14 Apr 30, 2009
Her Majesty wrote:
I mean tramp as in a girl who dresses like a hooker...and probably acts like one. Sorry, I forgot to discuss it with Mariam Webster before using that word
There are certain decision I will allow my children to make for themselves but they will still be supervised in making those decisions that could potentially lead them down the wrong path. I don't claim to be perfect myself but why would let my child make a wrong decision when I have already made that wrong decision myself and have had to live with the consequences? Would I let them wake up with a hangover? Yes. Would I let them drive drunk? No. Just because I am supervising their decisions doesn't mean that I am necessarily making all those decisions for them but my job is to protect them and lead them down the right path and that is what I plan to do.
Letting a child dress like a street walker when they go out is not going show them that path and could shape their future. Trash hangs out with trash. Don't be naive. Look at groups of teens. The ones that get into trouble all the time hang together. They dress the same and act similar.
No child of mine would ever go out the door dressed inappropriately. But they are free to choose their friends as long as I can trust my child's judgment to choose friends and as long as

I have a clear understanding as to why they befriended them, or what is the nature of the friendship.

Not every child is looking to clone themselves as a typical Lenoir grit just because another human being accepts them as a friend.

Being friends with people from all walks of life is the best part about being alive.

“I say bad words.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Apr 30, 2009
gv4l wrote:
<quoted text>

"Kids are who we shape them to be"... but that only works if we already are the person that we want our children to become. If you are the great person that you want your child to become, then have faith in them and allow them to make some decisions themselves. If they should happen to experience the consequences of bad decisions and problems it will help prepare them for the real world. Don't just shelter them all of the time. We could be waiting a long, long time for a child to be mature enough to hang out at Bo's if we have not yet matured ourselves. I am not singling you out, just thinking out loud.
My thoughts exactly! I have raised my daughter with morals and respect and trust that she will use good judgement when making decisions. I do KNOW who her friends are, WHERE they are going, and WHAT they are doing but I also do not smother her. She has to have room to grow. She has been to Bo's a few times (about 6 times in a year) and she does go fully dressed and I pick her up by 9.
This is not just a Bo's problem. This is everywhere. The girls at Valley Hills Mall are half dressed and there's probably dope dealing going on there too but that doesn't make the mall a bad place, just bad people doing bad things anywhere they can.

Since: Apr 09

Lenoir, NC

#16 Apr 30, 2009
gv4l wrote:
<quoted text>
No child of mine would ever go out the door dressed inappropriately. But they are free to choose their friends as long as I can trust my child's judgment to choose friends and as long as
I have a clear understanding as to why they befriended them, or what is the nature of the friendship.
Not every child is looking to clone themselves as a typical Lenoir grit just because another human being accepts them as a friend.
Being friends with people from all walks of life is the best part about being alive.
Hmmm...so...you supervise your children's decisions...interesting.
Bumblebee

AOL

#17 May 1, 2009
why would I take my teen and drop him or her off at a place to sit and watch someone sitting at a bar doing things I am trying to teach my child not to do ????
Get a life

Fountain, NC

#18 May 1, 2009
sassy26 wrote:
Recently while stopping by Bo's to get keys from a friend that was drinking, I was very disgusted with this "Family" gathering site. I could not get in the door for all the kids (and it was past their bedtime) standing blocking the door. Also the teenagers outside dealing...dont know what they were dealing but it was very obvious. Why do our "cops" let this happen? There is no where to go in Lenoir to have a good time without mess like this. I think this establishment was a waste of money if its going to be a gathering ground for our kids to ruin their future getting caught up in the wrong crowd, and participating in mischeif like this.
WTF? Did you read what you wrote? "FAMILY" gathering site correct? Yet you where there to get the keys from "a friend that was drinking" (DRUNK) at the "family gathering site".
Jesus people (you) will find something wrong no matter what. You bitched about teenagers and kids being in your way at the "family" gathering site while you bounced right in to save your drunk friend. Hahahaha.. your a joke. Would you rather the "kids or teenagers" be out cruising the streets like they used to or would it be better they sit and mingle and play video games at the "family gathering site" while YOUR friends set great examples such as getting to drunk to drive?
You do not like the place? You have a choice to go there. DONT GO - PRETTY SIMPLE. Your friend still chooses to get to drunk to drive... then let them pay for a damn cab so you will not be worried by the "children" at the FAMILY gathering site.

Since: Apr 09

Morganton, NC

#19 May 1, 2009
I said Family because their advertisment states "Bo's Family Restaurant". Its not a family atmosphere. You sound very angry, and I will pray for you.

And I was getting someones keys because that is the right thing to do. I dont condone someone drinking but if I could have save someones family member from being injured or killed by getting keys from someone than it was worth it.
Get a life

Fountain, NC

#20 May 1, 2009
sassy26 wrote:
I said Family because their advertisment states "Bo's Family Restaurant". Its not a family atmosphere. You sound very angry, and I will pray for you.
And I was getting someones keys because that is the right thing to do. I dont condone someone drinking but if I could have save someones family member from being injured or killed by getting keys from someone than it was worth it.
I understand what you said.... and i understand why you said it. The Lenoir mall was a family place as well yet alot of kids and teens hung out there every day and weekend.
My point is this - Bo's was made with the intentions of family entertainment. Bowling alleys, video games, play pits for children ect.
What do you expect? No kids hanging out there? No teens? Do you expect them home by 5pm so your friends can get drunk without the hassle of the family atmosphere?
Plain and simple... you got pissed because children and teens dampered and slowed you down from escorting your drunk friend home.
Yes you did do a good thing by going to help them home. That makes you a great friend but please... blame your friend, not the children and teens that the place is geared toward.
Now you say i sould very angry? Yes your damn right i am. Why? Because every where you go no matter what you do someone has to bitch and whine over the most minor of things.
Sure, you pray for me. I will do the same for you. I will also pray for your friend to not get killed in a drunk driving accident, i will also pray for all those children and teens that you would love to ruin the night for.
Now... i have to run to Bo's and score some dope Ha ha ha.. its such a drug infested place, oh yeah while im there i might as well get DRUNK like others and have to find me a ride home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK LEAVES EU, Obama saddened. 5 min Rock 196
I will be happy when RAMADAN is over. 17 min State of Florida 2
Orlando Shooting STAGED!! Fake crying, reading ... 1 hr Limnig 110
George Will leaves GOP, over Trump. 1 hr TSF 52
The Logic Fails me: 2 hr TSF 283
David story 3 hr Rats rat 16
Did God curse the Negro?. 7 hr State of Florida 50

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir Mortgages