Unsolved Murders in Caldwell County, NC
Prine Freak

Carolina Beach, NC

#63 Oct 31, 2009
Willard wrote:
<quoted text>
In the grant case there is a person of interest but he was never arrested
I agree. He was questioned in 1994 and then released. He also was a suspect in another murder many years ago.
Willard

Black Mountain, NC

#64 Oct 31, 2009
Prine Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He was questioned in 1994 and then released. He also was a suspect in another murder many years ago.
I don't know about the one many years ago but I do know his brother was convicted of kidnap rape and murder in 1974
Who knows

Tarboro, NC

#65 Oct 31, 2009
Willard wrote:
<quoted text>
In the grant case there is a person of interest but he was never arrested
The one I referred to was arrested in 1999-2000 on an unrelated charge.
Shocked

United States

#66 Nov 1, 2009
I had also heard about the "alleged" suspect in the Bryant case. I would love to see them get the evidence to arrest them, even if it had been so long ago. If the person really did do it, they need to be punished. IF it is the one I heard about, it makes sense why this person is so interested in the election process.
Who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
From my understanding they have a person in the Bryant case that is a person of interest but cannot get enough on him to charge him.
I also heard that drugs and an "officer" may have played a part in the Seacrest murders. Not that the officer did it but the results of a drug deal gone bad.
And finally, there was a suspect in the Grant case that was arrested in 1999-2000 but there isn't enough to charge him with either.
Who knows

Tarboro, NC

#67 Nov 1, 2009
Shocked wrote:
I had also heard about the "alleged" suspect in the Bryant case. I would love to see them get the evidence to arrest them, even if it had been so long ago. If the person really did do it, they need to be punished. IF it is the one I heard about, it makes sense why this person is so interested in the election process.
<quoted text>
You're probably right. The only problem is that no one will prosecute it without some good evidence. If we could only get someone that could bring forth the evidence needed.
think

Fayetteville, NC

#68 Nov 1, 2009
Whether or not they suspected rape, it is clear they didnt want a DNA finger print that could connect someone to Emily's death. Could that indicate they knew who that someone WAS? With no blood in the truck bed in SC and then suddenly there was blood in the truckbed in Caldwell County tells me she wasnt in the toolbox in SC. So who had possession of the vehicle when Emily was placed in the toolbox? So who else was missing during the days that Emily went missing? Barney Fife could not have botched a case that badly. Could the object have been to destroy evidence rather than collect it? Why would anyone dig the bullets out of the Secreast victims unless they didnt want to have to destroy a favorite weapon? Could it have been some local who enjoyed gore or at least didnt mind it in the least?
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't think Wilma was raped, but could be wrong. We'll never know about Emily because the SD failed to send off the rape kit. They said, if I remember correctly, that since she didn't "appear" to have been raped, they saw no need to send it off.
Shocked

United States

#69 Nov 1, 2009
I can't imagine how someone could do such a thing. I know it happens every day BUT how can you sleep at night after doing something like that?

The previous cases were in the process of investigation before all of the DNA marvels, but the Emily Anderson case should have never been as botched as it was. They just clearly did not collect evidence, or contain the crime scene. My daughter who was 8 at the time would have known better. Whose idea was it to move the truck instead going over it for evidence? I'm sorry, BUT Mr. Clark bragged about how great of a leader and all his training, and experience he had in law enforcement...What happened? Like he said during his own campaign..."The Sheriff is always responsible for the leading and actions of the Sheriff's Office."
think wrote:
Whether or not they suspected rape, it is clear they didnt want a DNA finger print that could connect someone to Emily's death. Could that indicate they knew who that someone WAS? With no blood in the truck bed in SC and then suddenly there was blood in the truckbed in Caldwell County tells me she wasnt in the toolbox in SC. So who had possession of the vehicle when Emily was placed in the toolbox? So who else was missing during the days that Emily went missing? Barney Fife could not have botched a case that badly. Could the object have been to destroy evidence rather than collect it? Why would anyone dig the bullets out of the Secreast victims unless they didnt want to have to destroy a favorite weapon? Could it have been some local who enjoyed gore or at least didnt mind it in the least?
<quoted text>
Fact

Pelzer, SC

#70 Nov 2, 2009
Stafford and Pyle went to SC and decided to move the vehicle without processing it. Wasn't Stafford the HMFIC of this case?
Shocked wrote:
I can't imagine how someone could do such a thing. I know it happens every day BUT how can you sleep at night after doing something like that?
The previous cases were in the process of investigation before all of the DNA marvels, but the Emily Anderson case should have never been as botched as it was. They just clearly did not collect evidence, or contain the crime scene. My daughter who was 8 at the time would have known better. Whose idea was it to move the truck instead going over it for evidence? I'm sorry, BUT Mr. Clark bragged about how great of a leader and all his training, and experience he had in law enforcement...What happened? Like he said during his own campaign..."The Sheriff is always responsible for the leading and actions of the Sheriff's Office."
<quoted text>
Just Wondering

Jonas Ridge, NC

#71 Nov 2, 2009
think wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good questions. I've wondered about them myself, and the blood being by the toolbox in NC, but not in SC, as ALWAYS bothered me. Another thing that I'm not remembering clearly, is that it seems like I read that one person headed the investigation while it was a missing person case, then it was taken over by another when it became a homicide. If Stafford was the homicide detective, and they didn't know Emily was dead, let alone in the toolbox, why did he go to SC when the truck was found? It didn't become a known homicide until they opened the tool box in NC, right?(Memory is vague right now. I'll look it up when I get time.)
Willard

Black Mountain, NC

#72 Nov 3, 2009
Prine Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey have you read today's obituaries?
good news

Carolina Beach, NC

#73 Nov 4, 2009
Willard wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there was a death bed confession? I appreciate your message because I would have missed that obituary. What was the cause of death?
Willard

Black Mountain, NC

#74 Nov 4, 2009
good news wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there was a death bed confession? I appreciate your message because I would have missed that obituary. What was the cause of death?
i'm not sure a death bed confession would have helped him much there's some things the good lord just ain't willing to forget it would have given her family some closure.
I don't know the cause of death but i'm going to try to find out if I can.
Ironic

Carolina Beach, NC

#75 Nov 4, 2009
I think it's interesting that in the middle of our conversation... he dies. It's like speak of the devil...
Who knows

Tarboro, NC

#76 Nov 4, 2009
Willard wrote:
<quoted text>
who died?
Willard

Black Mountain, NC

#77 Nov 5, 2009
Who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
who died?
http://newstopic.net/pages/full_story/push...
Dante

United States

#78 Nov 5, 2009
Why da dude worried about who killed who?
Didn't shoot yo ass!!
Just Wondering

United States

#79 Nov 5, 2009
Because the interest of some people goes beyond themselves. They actually care about others in the community.
CouldThisWork

Pelzer, SC

#80 Nov 5, 2009
What would it hurt for the Municipal Police Forces and the Sheriff's Department to set up a cold case unit consisting of two to three detectives to work solely on these old unsolved cases? I think this would be something the citizens of Caldwell County would be comfortable funding with tax money and I am sure the families of these victims would most certainly appreciate it! It doesn't make sense to just file these cases away and forget about them. Who knows what these killers will do next?
Just Wondering

United States

#81 Nov 12, 2009
It would certainly be worthwhile.
Lee

AOL

#82 Nov 16, 2009
Just Wondering wrote:
It would certainly be worthwhile.
And would make this world a safer place to live. GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Approval at LOWEST LEVEL 2 min Victoria 7
🐄 your moms milk is tasty 🐄 25 min VICKYMOOSEKNUCKLEZ 206
State of the Milk Address! Victoria, Waco, Milk! 25 min VICKYMOOSEKNUCKLEZ 79
HaHaHa! I'm The MILKMAID! 26 min VICKYMOOSEKNUCKLEZ 111
😂 POTUS Exploits One Legged North Kor... 1 hr VICKYMOOSEKNUCKLE 80
I Love My Sperm Too! 1 hr VICKYMOOSEKNUCKLE 126
State Of The Onion? McDonalds Onion Rings and ... 1 hr VICKYMOOSEKNUCKLE 72

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance