Posted in the Lenoir Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Sign the partition to secede from the union

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pea...
Brandon

Hickory, NC

#2 Nov 13, 2012
You're joking right?
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Nope! It's a goverenment web site 30 states now have patitions to secede from the union.

The White House a year ago started a “We the People” program at www.whitehouse.gov which allows citizens to create and sign petitions. When/if a petition reaches 25,000 signatures, the President is required to address it. Reaching 25,000 signatures does not mean the petition will succeed, but it does mean the President will have to address it and say Yay or Nay, and give reasons.
Brandon

Hickory, NC

#4 Nov 13, 2012
I've heard about it. Texas is the closest I think. I just can't believe someone would actually want to seperate themselves from the United States.

What reasons do you have? Please don't just say because Obama got re-elected...
TDR

Lenoir, NC

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Buncha sore loser crybabies... usually these are the same people who tell me how much more patriotic they are than me...but when they don't get their way, start shrieking about secession. To them I say, "GO! GO NOW! Maybe Rush will take you with him to Costa Rica."
Brandon

Hickory, NC

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Article 1, Section 4 of the North Carolina Constitution addresses North Carolina's stance on sucession.

"This state shall ever remain a member of the American Union; The people thereof are part of the American Nation; there is no right on the part of this state to secede; and all attempts, from whatever source or upon whatever pretext, to dissolve this union or to sever this Nation, shall be resisten by the whole power of the state."
get some

Spruce Pine, NC

#7 Nov 13, 2012
I wish it were a joke but it is not, they're truly some stupid idiots in this country that would propose succession over the election of a certain person. These people may think they are doing this in the same spirit of the old Confederacy, it was touched off by the election of Lincoln but these people have nothing in common with that cause and that cause had been boiling for several decades plus it had legitimate roots in the inequality of representation.

These are cry baby fools that are simply trying to be symbolic and cause the White House grief. They are trying to force Obama's hand in the matter in the hopes they can make his second term miserable.

I think they are treasones and should be treated as such. If any state officially supports the cause then it should be sanctioned and have all federal money removed plus have it's assets frozen, just like we would do any other country like Iran. If that doesn't work send in the troops and occupy the state.

I for one have no problem taking up arms against my neighbors to defend the union against these traitors. I say this even having had many family members die for the old Confederacy. I have served my country and I will continue to defend it at all costs.
get some

Spruce Pine, NC

#8 Nov 13, 2012
I would like to see Texas to be allowed to leave the Union just as a joke. I estimate it would be less than six months before it's economy collapsed and it is invaded by Mexico LMAO... go for it morons.
mike

Ellenboro, NC

#9 Nov 13, 2012
get some wrote:
I would like to see Texas to be allowed to leave the Union just as a joke. I estimate it would be less than six months before it's economy collapsed and it is invaded by Mexico LMAO... go for it morons.
Texas would do fine...oil
get some

Spruce Pine, NC

#10 Nov 13, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Texas would do fine...oil
Oil is not enough to sustain Texas unless Texas could trade freely with other nations. I imagine there would be an embargo against Texas by the U.S. and it's allies. Even if the enemies of the U.S. bought oil from Texas it wouldn't be enough as Texas would have to import thousands of other every day items like food stuffs that cant be grown in Texas.

There again is the little matter of the country to the south called Mexico that would more than likely love to reclaim it's former land and it's oil. I suppose Texas would have to hurry and spend billions (billions it cant afford) to raise an army with modern equipment just to defend itself from threats abroad now that it doesn't have the U.S. Military to protect it.
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Brandon wrote:
I've heard about it. Texas is the closest I think. I just can't believe someone would actually want to seperate themselves from the United States.
What reasons do you have? Please don't just say because Obama got re-elected...
My way of life and the future of my children is being threatened that’s enough reason!

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Texas has 75,000 signatures, Louisiana has over 30,000, and thats just the begining!
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#13 Nov 13, 2012
You people are the dumbest things to ever exist. I have never been so ashamed in my life.
Common Sense

Sherrills Ford, NC

#14 Nov 13, 2012
I say start practicing now. Give up your Social Security, Medicare, Disability. Don't drive on roads that federal money helped to create. You get the picture.

In reality, it is a few nuts making a fuss. I wish we could create a place for all of you where your ideal country exists. Based on your criteria, Somalia sounds good.
DownLo

Cumming, GA

#15 Nov 13, 2012
I think somebody has a sore vagina.

Put some ointment on that thang and quit yer whinin'!
sheesh...
concerned

Rockmart, GA

#16 Nov 13, 2012
as of this morning there were 22 states filing and this evening 48 today alone 26 states filed and 4 states have enough signatures a few others like very few i guess people are tired of the goverment running their life and taking their hard earned wages and not doing anything about the illegals

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 13, 2012
concerned wrote:
as of this morning there were 22 states filing and this evening 48 today alone 26 states filed and 4 states have enough signatures a few others like very few i guess people are tired of the goverment running their life and taking their hard earned wages and not doing anything about the illegals
Translation: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, I'm a butthurt republican.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#19 Nov 14, 2012
CDCeltown wrote:
You people are the dumbest things to ever exist. I have never been so ashamed in my life.
We have been ashamed of you for years! Welcome to the real world!
Ashamed

Hickory, NC

#20 Nov 14, 2012
I've been ashamed of this country for the past 30 years. More and more government intervention, abortion on demand, gay rights, taking GOD out of schools not allowing prayer, teaching evolution as fact…..etc. It’s been going downhill for quite a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cop cleared in Freddie Gray Euthanization. 1 min Gin Mill 92
State Honored With NAMBLA Award 6 hr Robert 22
Dindu hit by car, thrown 20 feet into air. 7 hr Robert 1
Black lives Matter is a Child Prostitution Ring. 10 hr waco1909 9
NAMBLA & LBGTQ Communities Exalts State of Florida 11 hr Just Sayin 2
Sanders. says breadlines a good thing . 11 hr Rick Bleys 9
The Jews are a race of Pedophiles. 11 hr Rick Bleys 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir Mortgages