Wreck on Abington road

Posted in the Lenoir Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wondering123

Maiden, NC

#1 Apr 17, 2011
Heard there was a bad wreck today on the Abington road....anyone have details?

Since: Apr 11

Denver, NC

#2 Apr 17, 2011
iam wondering what happen to
WHAT A JOKE

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2011
Someone burned to death due to CF&R's inability to do their job. I pray I never have to depend on them to "TRY" to save me. And you should too. Because you will be dead by the time they get done talking about what to do. They are the biggest JOKE in the county. The Collettsville boy's are the running joke among the counties emergency crews. To make matters worse now word has spread to Charlotte. Now that they had to send a crew up here to do a job that CF&R didn't know how to do. We once had a Rescue Squad that could do all of the rescue stuff but somehow "PAYOFFS" the big wheels that run CF&R got that stopped. Thanks for putting our lives at risk Ben, Chad, and Cory. As long as you look good in the public eye we'll be safe right.
Just Wondering

Charlotte, NC

#4 Apr 18, 2011
I heard that it was Jesse Woods from Woods Plumbing that died in the wreck. Does any one know?
In Gamewell We Trust

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2011
No it wasn't Jesse
Jesse Woods Plumbing

Black Mountain, NC

#6 Apr 18, 2011
I believe that it was not me if it was they forgot to tell my wife and I.
Square

Charlotte, NC

#7 Apr 18, 2011
What a joke - I cant say anything but good things about Cory. You are wrong for running him down.

I am fairly certain that having the rescue squads around would not have had any affect on someone burning to death in his car. I am also fairly certain that CF&R could not have done anything to prevent this from occuring if true.
ONE TO TALK

Casar, NC

#8 Apr 18, 2011
WHAT A JOKE wrote:
Someone burned to death due to CF&R's inability to do their job. I pray I never have to depend on them to "TRY" to save me. And you should too. Because you will be dead by the time they get done talking about what to do. They are the biggest JOKE in the county. The Collettsville boy's are the running joke among the counties emergency crews. To make matters worse now word has spread to Charlotte. Now that they had to send a crew up here to do a job that CF&R didn't know how to do. We once had a Rescue Squad that could do all of the rescue stuff but somehow "PAYOFFS" the big wheels that run CF&R got that stopped. Thanks for putting our lives at risk Ben, Chad, and Cory. As long as you look good in the public eye we'll be safe right.
It is apparent that you have no clue as to what happend on the Abington Rd yesterday ! But if you have any balls , they are meeting tonight to go over the crash that 2 people lost their lives in ! Come on up and please show them or tell them how they could do or have done it any better !!! Easy to hide behind that laptop aint it ! And as for LRS, you gave your self away as one of them losers ! Oh the meeting is at 7 pm
LRtards

Spruce Pine, NC

#9 Apr 18, 2011
At least CFD didnt run out of gas on the way to the call, remember that you LRS looser. I suppose someone has to be the running joke of CC since you guys are gone lol.
ohannah

Banner Elk, NC

#10 Apr 18, 2011
WHAT A JOKE wrote:
Someone owes an apology here! Collettsville's Fire and Rescue have been working around the clock this past weekend! First the flood and now this. Listening to my scanner when this accident was called in and I believe it was originally reported as a car fire. CF&R, who were most likely scattered everywhere on other calls and overworked already, responded immediately according to what I heard on the scanner. I really don't see how they cope trying to do their job in such a vast, mountainous area. They are to be appreciated and commended. Eat your crow and hush!
In Gamewell We Trust

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2011
I'm not talking so much about the wreck as I am about their "RESCUE" abilities or lack there of. The wreck just puts an exclamation point on an already cluster of a weekend for CF&R. They have to call for assistance so that more qualified people can do the job for them. A job that they should be able to do themselves. That new building and land, which by the way, helped pad Chad Graggs pockets. Those new trucks and all of that new equiptment and they can't even use it. They call other agencies to do the work for them and in some cases such as Saturday even save them. But you didn't hear about that on the news. LOSERS , REJECTS , and WANNABE's.
WHAT A JOKE

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2011
Chad made a killing off of the sell of that land to the fire dept. that he was the Chief of at the time. They told everyone that Chad sold the land "at fair market price" yea right. If that wasn't a conflict of intrest there has never been one. But when you have money and friends in high places you can get away with anything. Then you have to step back and look at what he did next he gave the job as Chief to his #1 boy so that it wouldn't look like a conflict of intrest. But rest asured he still has his #1 boy in his pocket. That is how Chief Houck got the landscaping job for ALL of the Coves project. It's one of those you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours deals. Man poor ol Collettsville as a community is hurting for honest people to run the CF&R. As bad as I hated Mark Stallings at least his people were trained to do the job at hand. LRS meetings weren't just a good ol' boy pat my back session. They actually TRAINED.
Grace 7

Newton, NC

#13 Apr 18, 2011
Seriously people, have you stopped to think that their is a family or families that have lost their loved ones and you want to sit and post all of this junk about the response time. You have a right to your opinion, but have a little class and let the families get over the shock of this horrible accident. If something needs to be done so be it, but do it the proper way and not post it on a topix page.
In Gamewell We Trust

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2011
WSOC TV said that one of the people was Ronnie Pennell. Is he a local person? That name don't ring any bells for me.
just me

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2011
Well I know. That they all did there best to rescue us no matt
er where they were from, let your but wake up to a camper swiftly floating down stream and you want complain about where rescue comes from. They all worked very fast and very hard to do as much as they could these waters rise fast and furious up here. As for the wreck I don't know who it was I wish I did but I pray for there family and thank you to all rescue fire medical etc who saved us
Just saying

Maiden, NC

#16 Apr 18, 2011
I drove by the wreck Sunday just minutes after it happened and before any fire/rescue were on the scene. The car was fully involved and the fire had already reached the road. From what I could see, the people in the car probably died instantly. I am sure that CFR did all they could. These people risk their lives everyday for the community, but they are not God. They can only do so much. And before anyone ask why I didn't stop....I am not trained in fire or rescue and for me to stop would have only added to the traffic and those in the way that would have slowed down the ones trying to get there who are trained and know what to do.
Amanda-Collettsv ille

Wellford, SC

#17 Apr 18, 2011
Its really sad that people have nothing else better too do then to sit on a computer and put others down that put their lives at risk to save others. I hate this for the victims' famailies and the Collettsville firefighters. Both are in my thoughts and prayers. I see it as a honor to live in Collettsville and be represented by the Collettsville Fire Department. As for the idiot that is sitting back and making a joke out of a situation like this ill also pray for you and the fire department you represent.....any human being that is willing to put their life on the line I praise you.
not in school

Greenville, SC

#18 Apr 18, 2011
are they any adults in this town. come on dont u fuss at ur kids for this kind of bs. grow up and look at life in a better way. only got one why cry over little things. mistakes are made that is why god put in our language.
hurumph

Black Mountain, NC

#19 Apr 18, 2011
WHAT A JOKE wrote:
Attitudes like yours are exactly why LRS is no more.
WHAT A JOKE

United States

#20 Apr 18, 2011
Attitudes like mine? I'm begging for CF&R to train to use their equiptment. They can't use the items that are at their disposal. Our, and I mean ,yours and mine tax dollars are paying for equiptment and training that, in the current hands, are useless. What good does it do to have all that stuff that none of them are qualified to use. More people should have an attitude like mine and demand that the fire dept. that protects them be as well trained as possable. Ask any one of them at CF&R what they did Saturday and if they tell the truth they will tell you that they WATCHED other agencies save the people that CF&R is supposed to be protecting but don't know how.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only 36% of Voters Would Re-Elect Donald Trump 9 min conrack 2
Trump Has Dementia 19 min conrack 182
Polls didn't stop Trump in 2016 20 min Waco1909 1
WaPo/ABC Poll says Trump wins 30 min Waco1909 1
100 Days of Trump's Lies 37 min conrack 19
De Vos says Common Core basically dead 1 hr Yes Liberal 10
Schiff still can't explain why no Trump/Russia ... 3 hr State of Florida 12

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance