steel horse bar and grill

Posted in the Lenoir Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
so what

Ellenboro, NC

#1 May 9, 2007
in response to the DOT and steel horse. that place has really went down hill in the last couple of months since the previous owner. the new owner has let it go down. He don't care about the place. I heard he was doing the previous owner a favor so they could persue other interests. I wish this area would get a couple of good night clubs. guess it's back to hickory for us partying people.
i agree

Lyman, SC

#2 May 10, 2007
good i hope you all go back to hickory .
so what

Ellenboro, NC

#3 May 10, 2007
Get a life.............
yep

United States

#4 May 16, 2007
yea where do people party up here? We need a good sports bar
so what

Ellenboro, NC

#5 May 16, 2007
yep wrote:
yea where do people party up here? We need a good sports bar
Some of our crowd have been either going to boes entertainment or finding a bar in hickory, I guess it depends if you want to hear live music and dance or just sit and drink.We all loved the steel horse till the ownership changed, now the old staff is fighting with the new staff,,, too much drama for us. we go for stress relief at the end of the week... not to get more stress when we are there, so we have been staying away.
coyote on the bar

Bunnlevel, NC

#6 May 16, 2007
I just wanted to say that as a former Hickory native this is true that Lenoir has no nightlife. However, the Sporter in Lenoir is doing some major changes coming up soon. I hear people always talk about the "bad crowd" that hangs there but in all honesty the 3 times I went to steel horses I experienced several altercations and felt as though the whole place was trash!! Sporter has great specials, a hot bartender, and coming up is going to be a coyote ugly type bar!! Seriously you guys...avoid the DUI driving 321 from lenoir to hickory and back!! Bo's is alright but even to me is BORING!!!
Wants To Know

Raleigh, NC

#7 May 16, 2007
who is the manager at steele horses now? it has been a while since i went there.
coyote on the bar

Bunnlevel, NC

#8 May 16, 2007
One other thing I MUST clear up as I just noticed a link to the "Lenoir local news" I was at the Sporter when this "so called stabbing occured" Let me just say BULLSHIT!! The guys just exchanged words inside the bar and then out I think a couple punches were thrown!! Come on people...get a life. Lenoir is small and people talk here but for real...please dont believe all of what you hear. I am big on the Sporter because I see that the employees really care about the place and it has serious potential. On weekends there is going to be a live dj both nights where the tables are moved out downstairs for you to dance and like I stated earlier...Coyote ugly meets calwell county is in huge effect!! Im telling you I am thinking of working as security up there once this starts and it will be awesome. Please help spread the word and just as an inside source...your only other competition is Bos (who waters there liquor, way over priced and is not ran by your "local good ole' boy", Steel Horses (no thank you I will pass in fear of what I may catch from sitting on the bar stool) and then your rest. such as Rubys and Sagebrush which are all great but are not true "Bars" and hell if you go in Sporter after they close you will see all the Fine and sweet employees of both these places supporting this bar!! So come on people, open your mind, give it a chance. The bar is small but upstairs and down is always open, the place has bikini car and bike washes coming up, the hot chicks coming to entertain and is going to start opening for lunch!!! Give it a chance and take it from someone from a bigger city!!
coyote on the bar

Bunnlevel, NC

#9 May 16, 2007
Not sure who the manager of Steel Horses is and let me say in his defense... The place was trash before (in my opinion) so not alot he can be blamed for. I respect "So whats'" comment that he use to like the place but when it comes to new staff vs old staff etc. this just proves my point. Bars and nightlife shouldnt be about drama and the hear say... it should be about just a laid back place to enjoy a drink, hang with people new and old, enjoy the atmosphere etc... Who cares who likes who and who doesnt. So be picky on where you choose to spend your money. Make sure you are getting what you pay for and contributing to people who actually CARE about give lenoir and the people who reside here a good place to come!! Thank you all!!
Duh Uh

Raleigh, NC

#10 May 16, 2007
Wants To Know wrote:
who is the manager at steele horses now? it has been a while since i went there.
I hear that the prostitution business is great there.
so what

Ellenboro, NC

#11 May 16, 2007
former hickorian wrote:
Not sure who the manager of Steel Horses is and let me say in his defense... The place was trash before (in my opinion) so not alot he can be blamed for. I respect "So whats'" comment that he use to like the place but when it comes to new staff vs old staff etc. this just proves my point. Bars and nightlife shouldnt be about drama and the hear say... it should be about just a laid back place to enjoy a drink, hang with people new and old, enjoy the atmosphere etc... Who cares who likes who and who doesnt. So be picky on where you choose to spend your money. Make sure you are getting what you pay for and contributing to people who actually CARE about give lenoir and the people who reside here a good place to come!! Thank you all!!
You must be screwing one of the waitresses at the sporter. I personally have inside info on the action there and I know for a fact it aint all that and the crowd later at night takes on a whole new color.
so what

Ellenboro, NC

#12 May 16, 2007
Wants To Know wrote:
Chris Cunningham is the night manager.

Since: Mar 07

Auburn, AL

#13 May 16, 2007
Exactly where is the Sporter bar? I have never even heard of it.
Duh Uh

Black Mountain, NC

#14 May 17, 2007
so what wrote:
<quoted text>Chris Cunningham is the night manager.
I thought some girl by the name of Stacie was the manager.Or is she the entertainment?
so what

Charlotte, NC

#15 May 18, 2007
Duh Uh wrote:
<quoted text>I thought some girl by the name of Stacie was the manager.Or is she the entertainment?
She is not one of the managers, but she has been there for a while and the day manager and ken starnes, the new owner rely on her because she knows the ins and outs of certain things they didn't know when he bought the place.
Barfly

Raleigh, NC

#16 May 18, 2007
so what wrote:
<quoted text>She is not one of the managers, but she has been there for a while and the day manager and ken starnes, the new owner rely on her because she knows the ins and outs of certain things they didn't know when he bought the place.
From what I've heard I bet she REALLY knows the "ins and outs"!!!! Wonder if Chuckie's wife knows about her?
coyote on the bar

Bunnlevel, NC

#17 May 19, 2007
Okay let me first say that I am very happily engaged to a wonderful and beautiful woman who goes with me EVERYWHERE I go so no I am not "screwing" one of the waitresses at the sporter! They do not even have waitresses for your information "So What" so please let your false accusations cease. And "Duh uh" which I believe is supposed to be Duh huh...but who cares prostitution in the place was supposedly being ran by (3) females who work or formerly worked at Ruby Tuesdays and currently at Buzzards downtown in which once the owner got word of it had the girls "barred" from the place. So once again even on the topic of Steel Horses why are all of you so concerned with who is sleeping with who and etc. Get a life, act like you have just a bit of class and stop acting like you are a group of silly bitches that go on rumors!! Damn its really pathetic and puts me in awe! And "So What" my last comment to you is to each his own! Meaning Saturday nights at the sporter after 12:30 is a primarilly black crowd but not any other time! The crowd that you will even find in there late on Saturday nights NEVER start any problems! So welcome to 2007 glad to see you are in reality to where, yes even Caldwell county, may occasionally allow people of different races, sizes, ethnic groups, etc. in their place of establisment. So your little "inside source" of the bar should probably disreagarded bacause I have only been in this town around 2 years and can probably bring more skeletons out of your "regular bar goers" closet that would blow your mind!!! So Im "David" hope to meet you soon out and hope that possibly you may broaden your narrow minded opinions and views and see the bigger picture on reasons to spend your money at some bars than others!
coyote on the bar

Bunnlevel, NC

#18 May 21, 2007
Oh my this is too funny!!
The People of Hickory

Newton, NC

#19 May 28, 2007
On behalf of all people who live in Hickory and the Police who Protect us...Keep your Redneck nasty ass out of Hickory. We don't need your money or your smell.
Curious

Arnoldsburg, WV

#20 May 29, 2007
Does anyone know about the dark haired girl who goes to Steel Horses named Nikki??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is flying to Mexico City tomorrow. 3 hr Yes Liberal 1
The bulb is dead in the RW head 3 hr Waco 1909 8
American Communist Party backs Hillary! 4 hr Waco 1909 8
I shot a lousy coon last night. 4 hr Waco 1909 7
Media Lies, Trump will Not Grant Amnesty to Ill... 4 hr State of Florida 68
Hillary Clinton's Lesbianism Exposed 4 hr Badabing 1
Trump: Deportations will start on day one. 4 hr comrad 13
Trump defies Louisiana Governor to hand out PLA... 7 hr State of Florida 158

Lenoir Jobs

More from around the web