lenoir city boys basketball coach is ...

lenoir city boys basketball coach is a joke

Posted in the Lenoir City Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
PROUD AMERICAN

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2013
Went to the basketball game tonight lc boys coach doesn't have a clue its a dam shame these kids have to put up with his stupidity. It reminds me of UPWARDS basketball everybody's kid gets to play painful to watch going to be a long season
The System

Lenoir City, TN

#2 Nov 22, 2013
Well the the coaches took credit for the last win. Will take credit for this loss? No. Actually I wonder if the coaches blog will mention how the coach quit coaching his team and just sat there saying nothing. Hey let's never play our best players together and only let them play half of the game. There is no bad shot obviously in this system. The other team does get some good looks though.

I guess keeping the coach may not look so good now. Plus he kept the baseball coach. Who cares who these kids play for all the while sending his daughter to Farragut to play golf.
Wondering

Lenoir City, TN

#3 Nov 22, 2013
I have been around basketball for years and this type of play has apparently become very popular. I don't think it is true basketball. Where is the defense? It is a form of Upward, like Proud American mentioned, everyone's child gets to play and throw up shots from all over the court. When you shoot 50 times, there is a good chance you are going to hit some of those. The thing is you probably will not hear many parents upset because for most in Lenoir City, they don't care if you win or lose as long as their child is playing. I just wonder what will happen when LC plays the likes of Maryville or West, just to mention a few in the district.
lc fan

United States

#4 Nov 22, 2013
Played basketball at lc yrs ago its a shame what the parents have done to this program. These boys practice yr around and put their heart and soul into this for what to play a third of the game. The two pace boys and the Brewster boy look to me like the best players but they never play together. Boiling needs to do his job and stand up for these kids but I noticed you've got your school board kids in there playing which is a joke. Lets just give everybody a trophy and pat them on the ass and tell them how great they are. Makes me sick to watch the shit glad I don't have a kid at that school I don't blame kids for going somewhere else there's nothing here but a bunch of parents that think their they know about basketball but the fact is when they were in school you actually had to make the team instead of just showing up and getting your Jersey to play.
Food Dude

Kingsport, TN

#5 Nov 22, 2013
PROUD AMERICAN wrote:
Went to the basketball game tonight lc boys coach doesn't have a clue its a dam shame these kids have to put up with his stupidity. It reminds me of UPWARDS basketball everybody's kid gets to play painful to watch going to be a long season
Stupidity is not knowing the difference in "dam" and "damn".
amazed

Knoxville, TN

#6 Nov 22, 2013
I swear, folks gripe when they only play the hot rods and now they gripe when the coach tries to play and reward the lesser players who practice just as hard as the hot rods. I know and deeply admire Coach Kirkland.
lc fan

United States

#7 Nov 22, 2013
They got the hell beat out of them you dumb ass
lc pride

United States

#8 Nov 22, 2013
Damn do you people not care if you win or not why don't you ask the kids if it matters to them. These parents make me sick all that matters is if the precious little boys get to play no matter if they are any good for the team or not. From what I've seen most of them shouldn't even be on the team if they had a coach with any guts its disgraceful to the kids that can actually play the game
who cares

Lenoir City, TN

#9 Nov 22, 2013
who really cares about this thread.as long as these players are getting their shots and scoring their points I think their parents are happy.LC has never been about wins.when they do get good character kids it just causes jealousy within the program.Folks this will never change no matter who coaches these kids or whatever system they run.this is a graveyard for coaches and their families to have to coach here.
lc pride

United States

#10 Nov 22, 2013
What a bunch of losers you should be proud hope you get a trophy
Tiger Woods

Knoxville, TN

#11 Nov 23, 2013
I have never seen a true winner that didn't care if he won or lost. It's important to teach young people that winning is important however if you play your best and lose you are still a winner.
PROUD AMERICAN

United States

#12 Nov 23, 2013
Where do you people come from DAMN you all make me sick. Winning is fun losing sucks these kids need to learn how to win they deserve that
The System

Mount Vernon, OH

#13 Nov 23, 2013
No good coach would chose to play their best players only half of a game and never play the best 5 together.

I can assure you that all the parents aren't happy and I can assure you not all the players are happy.
Ballers

Cosby, TN

#14 Nov 23, 2013
Don't leave out the sucky girls program... My daughter has literally been screwed over her whole entire high school career. She has been coached by four different coaches ...starting with coach lee the summer before her freshman year ... She never even had a chance ... It's pitiful and a shame ... Dedicate your life to something you love for ten years (year round-nonstop) and then get totally screwed by coaches...Ridiculous.. Her confidence has been totally stomped on... Thanks LC.. You guys are the best
amazed

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 23, 2013
It is just a game.
PROUD AMERICAN

United States

#16 Nov 23, 2013
Hell the girls at least can win maybe should let him coach the boys
Ballers

Cosby, TN

#17 Nov 23, 2013
True... I totally agree boys coach is crazy... Maybe things will turn around... Hopefully
lc fan

United States

#19 Nov 24, 2013
When does the woods kid get to play again
Problem Solver

Lenoir City, TN

#20 Nov 24, 2013
Parents..... Why don't we have a petition formed and get a bunch of signatures to get Coach Kirkland fired and then have another petition formed and signed by us parents to get the coach of our choice???
The System

Lenoir City, TN

#21 Nov 24, 2013
What makes you think they will get a new coach? They kept the baseball coach and he was run ruled in almost all of the last 15 games. They have some talent on the baseball team. Would have more of they had a coach.

I guess everyone could send their kids to Farragut like Boling to make sure they get good coaching. His daughter plays golf at Farragut and he is our AD.

It's one thing to have not so great coaching. It's another thing for kids not to enjoy playing or even chose not to play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 6 hr Smelly Savales 177
Karen childs 6 hr Drew 1
Ebt benefit a not there 12 hr XXX 8
Was Dump just a front man? 16 hr In rhe know 10
News Parents want answers in alleged student paddling (Mar '08) 22 hr Just Saying 20
Do Black Lives really matter? Mon Mari Cone 17
News Knoxville man dies after police chase, jumping ... Mon Mari Cone 10

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages