LC Police have to drive so fast when ...

LC Police have to drive so fast when not even on a call

Posted in the Lenoir City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rainy days

Lebanon, TN

#1 May 18, 2012
Over the past month or so I have noticed so many Lenoir City Police cars driving very fast and not having to go to anything. What gives them them the right to not drive the speed limit when they have no calls to go to?
Luna Shepherd

Lenoir City, TN

#2 May 18, 2012
they dont stop ay stop sighns neither!
Lcean

Sevierville, TN

#3 May 18, 2012
Just because the lights and sound are no activated doesn't mean they aren't on a call, get their unit number and call Chief White.
Tiger Woods

Shelbyville, TN

#4 May 19, 2012
Our police force have a job to do and they get it done. I say we stand behind them and don't worry about how they drive.
Local Guy

Kingsport, TN

#5 May 19, 2012
How do you know they aren't answering a call? Sometimes it's not kosher to come wailing in with sirens when you actually want to catch someone committing a crime. They also have to spend so much time behind idiots dragging ass like the OP that when they do get a chance to make up time, they take advantage of it. I have no problem with them moving a little faster to cover more ground. My only issue is with the ridiculous amount of coverage on Harrison road. Do people really need to be constantly microwaved with radar on a road that should be 40mph except during school times. I'd love to set up radar to find out how many cop cars exceed 30mph on that road.
Brings to mind

AOL

#6 May 19, 2012
Why do people pass you when you are already doing the speed limit
Tennessee Boy

Knoxville, TN

#7 May 19, 2012
Brings to mind wrote:
Speed up and drive like you do up North
Sounds like

AOL

#8 May 19, 2012
O, North what?
Local Guy

Kingsport, TN

#9 May 19, 2012
Brings to mind wrote:
Classic azzhole driver comment. It's not your responsibility to regulate the behavior of others. You have no idea if they want to pass you for an emergency or whatever. You just need to get out of the way. I'm so tired of left lane jerks dragging ass in the left lane refusing to pass the car beside them. The left lane is not for speed limit Nazis.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

AOL

#10 May 19, 2012
They are probably on their way to lunch/dinner. They might miss out on their discount meal!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 May 20, 2012
Local Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Classic azzhole driver comment. It's not your responsibility to regulate the behavior of others. You have no idea if they want to pass you for an emergency or whatever. You just need to get out of the way. I'm so tired of left lane jerks dragging ass in the left lane refusing to pass the car beside them. The left lane is not for speed limit Nazis.
I agree. I keep right whenever I can, and let faster traffic pass me.

But I cannot always do that. When I am westbound on I-40 I need to go left at the I-40/75 split, to get home to Lenoir City. So I must be in the left lane when I'm approaching that split. Then some moron comes zooming up on my rear end, and keeps flashing their headlights at me expecting me to move out of their way.

But NASCAR rules are not in effect on these roads. There is one more lane to my left, and that speedster can just go around me. Flashing those headlights will not do one thing to change that.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

AOL

#12 May 20, 2012
Or they may be on their way for a fresh HOT donut! Ha!
Who Let The Dawgs Out

AOL

#13 May 20, 2012
it seems like they always have a cell phone up to their ear talking. And, no its not pertaining to work. You can ask the dispatcher to have one of them give you a call and the dispatchers say they dont have phones in their car.Pfft! thats perjury right there! Ha They need to be setting examples about cell phones, too. If laws are passed about drivers and cell phones they need to be included
Sounds like

AOL

#14 May 21, 2012
Local Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Classic azzhole driver comment. It's not your responsibility to regulate the behavior of others. You have no idea if they want to pass you for an emergency or whatever. You just need to get out of the way. I'm so tired of left lane jerks dragging ass in the left lane refusing to pass the car beside them. The left lane is not for speed limit Nazis.
You should read your drivers manuel, left lane driving is not acceptable on a two lane road. Some day you will end up as bird shit on the windshield of & on coming car.
Sounds like

AOL

#15 May 21, 2012
Local Guy wrote:
How do you know they aren't answering a call? Sometimes it's not kosher to come wailing in with sirens when you actually want to catch someone committing a crime. They also have to spend so much time behind idiots dragging ass like the OP that when they do get a chance to make up time, they take advantage of it. I have no problem with them moving a little faster to cover more ground. My only issue is with the ridiculous amount of coverage on Harrison road. Do people really need to be constantly microwaved with radar on a road that should be 40mph except during school times. I'd love to set up radar to find out how many cop cars exceed 30mph on that road.
Sounds like they are out to get you before you kill one of our children
Harry Pothead

Knoxville, TN

#16 May 22, 2012
Drive stoned and flip people off
Luna Shepherd

Lenoir City, TN

#17 May 22, 2012
These cops today just after one thing!
Local guy

Kingsport, TN

#18 May 22, 2012
Sounds like wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like they are out to get you before you kill one of our children
Sounds like you need to put down the crack pipe.

“glass half enough”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#19 May 23, 2012
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I keep right whenever I can, and let faster traffic pass me.
But I cannot always do that. When I am westbound on I-40 I need to go left at the I-40/75 split, to get home to Lenoir City. So I must be in the left lane when I'm approaching that split. Then some moron comes zooming up on my rear end, and keeps flashing their headlights at me expecting me to move out of their way.
But NASCAR rules are not in effect on these roads. There is one more lane to my left, and that speedster can just go around me. Flashing those headlights will not do one thing to change that.
I actually agree with you on a lot of this. I will make safe accommodations for other drivers as I can, particularly large transfer trucks, but I can only do what I can do. I'm not risking spinal cord injury because someone got delayed getting a latte.

From what I've seen, most of the police around here do an awesome job. You can tell from talking with a police officer or emergency respondent if they are genuinely concerned for the interest of the public and individuals or if they are on a power trip. Rottenness is everywhere, but LC cops do have a genuine hospitality and kindness for the most part.

That being said, we have the right to report anything like a police officer not driving safely. Just make sure you don't jump to conclusions or are rude if you ever need to call anything in and you'll probably be received with kindness by the phone operator. Get them the info, they'll handle it from there if anything needs to be handled. It'd be different if LC cops were all Grand Theft Auto IV ramping off railroad tracks doing crazy Dukes of Hazards tricks and no one did anything about it. Most seem to drive very well and precisely due to training.

I don't know what happened that got the OP upset, but a simple call would have sufficed I'd say. If someone wasn't doing what they were supposed to, they would get heat from it. If they were doing everything by the book under instruction/etc., no sweat but a few cents of phone operator hourly pay worth of tax payer money. It's better to report something you think might need to be reported and be wrong than not report something and have needed to report it.

Overall though I think some LC people need to just slow down and not drive with things like driver response time taken for granted or ignored. Too many tailgaters, speed demons, etc. in general, but again, that's all over. At least we aren't in Europe on that one, not that Europe isn't awesome.

I used to have very bad driving habits when I was younger and before an accident made me value safety and seatbelts more.
Spud

AOL

#20 May 23, 2012
Harry Pothead wrote:
Drive stoned and flip people off
Word

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... 26 min Jimmy 24
Idiot drivers 40 min Jimmy 1
News OUR STORIES: The legendary life of Knoxville's ... (Mar '07) 44 min Mosfet 57
Amanda Hara (Feb '15) 44 min Just saying 27
Taco bell Jul 16 Donald 3
Lenoir City Police Shoots A Man Jun 28 Get Over It 86
Poll Favorite Knoxville Meteorologist (past or present) (Aug '11) Jun 28 Shirley 4

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages