First Prev
of 3
Next Last
heaven help us all

Knoxville, TN

#41 Nov 20, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u on lcub or lub? I am in lub and I will usually check my meters regularly. Mine reads in gallons and the way the meter reads my units on my bill are 100. When the water portion and sewer portion are combined, I pay almost 1 penny per gallon. Lub bills by the 100 gallons. I'm still curious as to why the county pays almost the same for just water. Everyone should pay the same regardless if they have sewer or not
Hmmmm let's see. The topic happens to be about LCUB isn't it? Which one do you think I have been referring? Thanks for all your help.
Lynda with a y

Knoxville, TN

#42 Nov 25, 2012
I know from experience it is terrible for the people who work there and do their job to have to deal with the bosses family and friends who also work there but don't know what they are doing or don't think they have to do anything.
In order to keep their jobs even some management and supervisors have to look the other way and the job gets done by the ones who know how and are willing (and are stuck in the middle). Everybody ends up not getting along or worse. And now there are no jobs so people have to do what they have to do to keep the job they have.
In Lenoir City it looks like a bad situation is the result of the city council giving the jobs to their family instead of hiring according to laws that are there to prevent discrimination.
Aren't they putting the city in a dangerous possibility for a lawsuit?
heaven help us all

Knoxville, TN

#43 Nov 25, 2012
Lynda with a y wrote:
I know from experience it is terrible for the people who work there and do their job to have to deal with the bosses family and friends who also work there but don't know what they are doing or don't think they have to do anything.
In order to keep their jobs even some management and supervisors have to look the other way and the job gets done by the ones who know how and are willing (and are stuck in the middle). Everybody ends up not getting along or worse. And now there are no jobs so people have to do what they have to do to keep the job they have.
In Lenoir City it looks like a bad situation is the result of the city council giving the jobs to their family instead of hiring according to laws that are there to prevent discrimination.
Aren't they putting the city in a dangerous possibility for a lawsuit?
They are not worried about a lawsuit. They own the key players. I do not think we the people will ever be listened to because they do not care.

I used to believe that change could come but not anymore.
Info

Maryville, TN

#44 Nov 25, 2012
heaven help us all wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not worried about a lawsuit. They own the key players. I do not think we the people will ever be listened to because they do not care.
I used to believe that change could come but not anymore.
Because of our good credit, we did not have to pay a deposit. During a vacation we made an oversight and forgot to pay our bill. When we returned our power was out. When we called we had to pay a reconnection fee which I can understand, but then we also had to pay the full amount of the deposit that was orginally waived.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... 24 min packrat 6
News If Wal-Mart Can't Bring Manufacturing Back to A... 6 hr Melinda 9
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 7 hr Rene Skeen 120
Schools 8 hr Orange blue 6
Taco bell Jul 16 Donald 3
Lenoir City Police Shoots A Man Jun 28 Get Over It 86
Poll Favorite Knoxville Meteorologist (past or present) (Aug '11) Jun 28 Shirley 4

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages