Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Online Bill Payments

http://www.lcub.com/cs/SitePages/billpay.aspx

LCUB partners with a third-party provider for online bill payments. You may make a one-time electronic funds transfer, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express payment by clicking the link below.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Any payment made using Online Bill Payments will be assessed a $7.25 convenience fee by our third-party provider. LCUB does not receive any portion of this fee.

Does anyone know who the third-party provider is?

Why are we paying to pay our already too high bills?

Little help please.....
Aussi

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Sounds very high for an online payment fee. Why can't they pay the provider? We can't get a break from the politicos in Lenoir City.
The crap about no tax increases is just kicking the can down the road. Have you heard how much debt they have run up? To borrow instead of increasing taxes gets them reelected until the credit runs out. Payday someday is closer than they think.
nope

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

While I can see recouping the fees a flat fee is ridiculous. Most gov entities charge 3% of the total. With so many customers that use credit cards the could set up their own processing system. This could bring in a couple hundred thousand dollars a yr
heaven help us all

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

nope wrote:
While I can see recouping the fees a flat fee is ridiculous. Most gov entities charge 3% of the total. With so many customers that use credit cards the could set up their own processing system. This could bring in a couple hundred thousand dollars a yr
Great Idea!

Better yet LCUB could do the job in-house and then the City Officials will be able to give more jobs away and we won't have to pay the fee.

win win ?
Aussi

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Do they need another couple hundred thousand dollars of our money every year? If this takes some of the workload off the women and men in customer service. Think what they could save by eliminating positions when the next few employees retire, instead of giving them to their kids and grandkids.
heaven help us all

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Aussi wrote:
Do they need another couple hundred thousand dollars of our money every year? If this takes some of the workload off the women and men in customer service. Think what they could save by eliminating positions when the next few employees retire, instead of giving them to their kids and grandkids.
Yes indeed they do need the money-thanks for asking. They (we) just bought the two acres on Broadway for over $700,000 which does not include any building yet. They will need another million or so. Bad use of City property or just a bad situation. I don't know enough facts. Would they pay any property taxes?

It would be nice for the citizens to have a voice again. But hey, nobody would listen or do anything. Right?

Sad
Becky

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I think there are going to be a few more people getting involved, going to meetings and using blogs to help keep the people informed. At least that is what I've been told by a few.
The only way to get their attention since we can't seem to get anyone elected to tell us what is going on behind the scenes and what all the confusing rhetoric really means, is to show up at the meetings.
They have some of their public meetings during the day when many people are working. And in my opinion, the information in the local newspaper is basically only what the officials want said.
We don't even get all the meetings that are supposed to be broadcast on the local tv channel. I see no reason to broadcast the meetings at all if they are going to be edited or we are only going to see the first twenty minutes of a forty-five minute meeting.
By law they have to put ads in the local newspaper to let the public know when and where public meetings will take place. It should also be on the website: lenoircitygov.com
The agendas and the minutes are also on the website. The problem, again, is that the agendas and the minutes are very much lacking in specifics and detail. Again, it appears they include only what they want the people to know.
Andy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I believe they have several million saved up to build the building on the city lot. At least they were supposed to and it wasn't that long ago.
Andy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Andy wrote:
I believe they have several million saved up to build the building on the city lot. At least they were supposed to and it wasn't that long ago.
Oh yes!!! Several! Million!
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

If you go inside LCUB to make a debit card payment they charge you the convenience fee. And if you get your tags(for vehicle) there and use a debit card you are charged a .75 convenience fee.
Lost

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Who Let The Dawgs Out wrote:
If you go inside LCUB to make a debit card payment they charge you the convenience fee. And if you get your tags(for vehicle) there and use a debit card you are charged a .75 convenience fee.
You obviously don't know what LCUB is and have never been in there
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I just made that up for giggles and laughs
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

And if you go to City Hall when they are there for license plate renewal u are charged a .75 convenience fee if you use a debit card.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
LCUB stands for Lenoir City Utility Board, correct? And on certain days of the week you can get your license plate renewal at City Hall, correct?
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
And LCUB in Lenoir City where you pay your bill is on Depot street on the backside of First National Bank and right down from the fire dept, correct? And City Hall sits on the right hand side on the corner before you get the Pilot downtown, correct?
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be LOST in space
Boo

Harriman, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Who Let The Dawgs Out wrote:
& FYI the tag lady is employeed by Darlene Russell, Loudon County Court Clerk-not a Lenoir City anything employee. She's sent there as a convenience to all Loudon county residents-same as she goes to Greenback on Wed & Thurs. She's at city hall only on Mon & Tues.---Read the sign on the city hall doors
Johns Son

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

I went to the county building annex. The five women behind the window on the left as you go in.
Ive never seen five women less interested in helping the public. There were two lines with about five people in each line. One woman was helping someone at the last window. One was standing around with a purse on her shoulder, one on the computer helping the man in front of me had no clue what she was doing. One at the other window was totally disinterested in helping her or anyone in either of the lines that werent moving. And one was sitting at a table putting stickers on something like a robot in a trance.
Now I see why they have a reputation for not working very hard. Hardly working would be more like it. It was a disgrace. More wasted tax dollars to keep family members in good paying jobs.
All the decent hard working people who hate the waste and corruption should move out of this county. Dont let anybody tell you it is this way everywhere. Its probably bad everywhere but not this bad.
Boo

Harriman, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Johns Son wrote:
I went to the county building annex. The five women behind the window on the left as you go in.
Ive never seen five women less interested in helping the public. There were two lines with about five people in each line. One woman was helping someone at the last window. One was standing around with a purse on her shoulder, one on the computer helping the man in front of me had no clue what she was doing. One at the other window was totally disinterested in helping her or anyone in either of the lines that werent moving. And one was sitting at a table putting stickers on something like a robot in a trance.
Now I see why they have a reputation for not working very hard. Hardly working would be more like it. It was a disgrace. More wasted tax dollars to keep family members in good paying jobs.
All the decent hard working people who hate the waste and corruption should move out of this county. Dont let anybody tell you it is this way everywhere. Its probably bad everywhere but not this bad.
It's awfully easy for those of us who don't do those people's jobs to sit back & criticize the way they do them. The one with the purse on her shoulder could have been going to the bank for a deposit or maybe even finally getting her lunch break since she could have had to work thru her normally scheduled time-helping the public. Maybe the one on the computer who was -your words "clueless" could have been assisting a person who wasn't sure of what they needed to do & just maybe there were computer problems that day-it happens. The "robot" could have been placing proper stickers on tags that have been sold-it has to be done. Sure, any place has a few less productive people on payroll-but until you've worked with the public who, just as you are doing, demand perfection because YOU DESERVE IT & don't care to belittle the jobs/people you know nothing about....as the old saying goes until you've walked a mile in their shoes.....think before you criticize. No matter how smart YOU think YOU are...you DON'T KNOW ALL the facts. I don't personally know Ms. Russell, but I have friends who have worked in that office & I do know they do lot more than sell tags. I have worked in a public job-similar to these- for over 25 years. It didn't take long to realize we have to deal with the likes of you & your attitude all day long. Always know more than we do. Too bad you can't take your business elsewhere. We would love to see you go.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Boo wrote:
<quoted text> & FYI the tag lady is employeed by Darlene Russell, Loudon County Court Clerk-not a Lenoir City anything employee. She's sent there as a convenience to all Loudon county residents-same as she goes to Greenback on Wed & Thurs. She's at city hall only on Mon & Tues.---Read the sign on the city hall doors
And your point is? We were talking about the convenience fee that is charged using a debit card. I dont give a flying flip if she is LC or Loudon County, either way its all a money game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Lenoir City Forum right now

Search the Lenoir City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min Overtaxed 123,917
Crouch Florist Owner RUDE! 17 min Won't be back 1
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 36 min John 58,241
massive drug operation (cocaine) uncovered 1 hr hmmmm 24
Jessica Dugger Knoxville woman arrested 8months... 3 hr lotida 1
Cuonzo Martin discusses his decision 4 hr buttereye 11
Lenoir City's Jaylond Woods 10 hr Who Cares 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lenoir City Jobs

•••