Since: May 12

Columbia, TN

#22 Aug 21, 2012
Dolby wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anybody criticizing Shaver, and I don't remember him saying he was quitting Loudon county politics. maybe you should talk about something you understand.. like fixing a broken plow or giving enemas to your cows.
Dearest Dolby,

Prior to taking down his comical website, Van did indicate that he had lost his desire to be in the public eye. You are right, he did not outright state that he was not going to run again...he will wait for the groundswell from you and the other Van aliases to ask him to run again.

Now I am not sure how you know that the person you were addressing gives his cows enemas or even that he has cows, I am a little afraid of the lack of privacy on this website if you were able to verify his identity. Are you a member of the secret police, with black helos and such?

Have a nice day, Van.
Alumni

Knoxville, TN

#23 Aug 21, 2012
Dolby wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anybody criticizing Shaver, and I don't remember him saying he was quitting Loudon county politics. maybe you should talk about something you understand.. like fixing a broken plow or giving enemas to your cows.
Van told me and a couple others, in person, that he would no longer run. I spoke with him the day after the election. Now, he may deny it but I and others heard it directly from him. Perhaps YOU don't know what you are talking about.
Alumni

Knoxville, TN

#24 Aug 21, 2012
Silent Mom No More wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am not sure how you know that the person you were addressing gives his cows enemas or even that he has cows, I am a little afraid of the lack of privacy on this website if you were able to verify his identity. Are you a member of the secret police, with black helos and such?
Have a nice day, Van.
I don't know that you were around then but a couple years ago my identity was outed here. It would not suprise me at all if, indeed, he/she knows exactly who I am.
Harry Pothead

Knoxville, TN

#25 Aug 21, 2012
Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that you were around then but a couple years ago my identity was outed here. It would not suprise me at all if, indeed, he/she knows exactly who I am.
I would rather talk about the split licking Mom who can't tell if she wants a man or a woman.

Columbia, TN

#26 Aug 22, 2012
Harry Pothead wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather talk about the split licking Mom who can't tell if she wants a man or a woman.
Your fascination with people's sex life might lead an observer to believe that you are suffering from a lack of "play". I hope you end your suffering soon.
Harry Pothead

Knoxville, TN

#27 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Your fascination with people's sex life might lead an observer to believe that you are suffering from a lack of "play". I hope you end your suffering soon.
Nope, just don't like queers

Columbia, TN

#28 Aug 22, 2012
Harry Pothead wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just don't like queers
You are aware of all the studies that have linked homophobia or as you so eloquently put it "just don't like queers" ism to latent homosexuality. Stop denying yourself what it is you are broadcasting to the world that you want.

You see, in the civilized world, we realize that not all people are just like us, and we like that. We embrace difference.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#30 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>
You are aware of all the studies that have linked homophobia or as you so eloquently put it "just don't like queers" ism to latent homosexuality. Stop denying yourself what it is you are broadcasting to the world that you want.
You see, in the civilized world, we realize that not all people are just like us, and we like that. We embrace difference.
The studies you refer to are garbage, done by those who have predetermined conclusions before they begin.

But for the purpose of this discussion (and only that purpose- we will assume they are valid. Even then they do not say what you claim they say.

But you now resort to the inane "probability is certainty" argument. Since your so-called studies say there is a 'high probability' that person has these latent homosexual tendencies, you claim it is certain that he/she does have them.

That qualifies you as a moron.
Alumni

Knoxville, TN

#31 Aug 22, 2012
Do we have to talk about queers? Can't we focus on how Van Shaver lost?
Because

Lenoir City, TN

#32 Aug 22, 2012
Alumni wrote:
Sure, because of the queers.
Ginny

Knoxville, TN

#33 Aug 22, 2012
Alumni wrote:
OK... the reason Van Shaver lost is because he did not work as hard as Jeremy Buckles. Most of the people in 5th District don't read the papers and they never heard of the "gay" issue etc. until they heard it from Jeremy Buckles. Buckles got to more people about Van's issues than Van got to about Buckles' issues. Buckels issue of course was his complete lack of experience or accomplishment in virtually anything.

The result was a race that was won, very narrowly I might add, by the person that got his face in front of more people. What this means of course is that Jeremy Buckles was elected DESPITE his lack of qualification not BECAUSE of his qualifications.

Columbia, TN

#34 Aug 23, 2012
Ahh, Ginny, it's because of the queers. Which apparently number around 700 in Loudon county. You can only be offended by Van if you are queer or support Jeremy if you are queer. It's a queer thing.

And Goose, I am no moron. I am probably slightly more traveled than you and I would bet slightly more intelligent than you. I see people in individual terms, not in group labels. I admit, it's hard to not think that there a lot of very close minded people in our fair town judging by this forum, but when I meet people, I find that to not be the case. There are just a few loud mouth yahoos that can not/will not adjust.

As an aside, I truly hope you have no gay relatives or loved ones. Your hatred is part of the reason the suicide rate is so high in the gay community.

Oh, and I agree on the whole silly homophobic study, but I have seen and met so many LOUD men that deride the queers, and the gays and the rainbow connection that are totally gay. Supremely gay. Get busted giving bj's in the park gay, because they tried to deny it. I hate studies. I love empirical evidence.
Ginny

Knoxville, TN

#35 Aug 23, 2012
Ahh, Ginny, it's because of the queers. Which apparently number around 700 in Loudon county. You can only be offended by Van if you are queer or support Jeremy if you are queer. It's a queer thing.
And Goose, I am no moron. I am probably slightly more traveled than you and I would bet slightly more intelligent than you. I see people in individual terms, not in group labels. I admit, it's hard to not think that there a lot of very close minded people in our fair town judging by this forum, but when I meet people, I find that to not be the case. There are just a few loud mouth yahoos that can not/will not adjust.
As an aside, I truly hope you have no gay relatives or loved ones. Your hatred is part of the reason the suicide rate is so high in the gay community.
Oh, and I agree on the whole silly homophobic study, but I have seen and met so many LOUD men that deride the queers, and the gays and the rainbow connection that are totally gay. Supremely gay. Get busted giving bj's in the park gay, because they tried to deny it. I hate studies. I love empirical evidence.
Silly Mom.. where did I say anything about hating queers(they don't like that term) or gays. I love gays and some of my best friends (no relatives that I know of)are gay.

All I'm trying to do is to give you toothless Loudon County wretches the benefit of my keen political insight.

Buckles out-campaigned Shaver. That's why he won. There are not enough gays, gay-lovers, gay haters, right wing nut jobs or liberal dingbats in the 5th district to swing the election either way.
fat Albert

Knoxville, TN

#36 Aug 23, 2012
I wish Van would turn that tractor around and get back to watching over Loudon County. We miss you Van.
Don

Knoxville, TN

#37 Aug 23, 2012
fat Albert wrote:
I wish Van would turn that tractor around and get back to watching over Loudon County. We miss you Van.
Van will always be watching over Loudon County. You may not see him, but you will hear him as the wind in the trees, you will feel him as the warm glow of the sun's rays upon your face, you might even smell him, like the gentle fragrance of goat hair, wafting upon the breeze on a warm summer's night....

He will be there when we need him. He will be there when we call. I hear that mayor herron has already ordered one of those spotlights like Commissioner Grodon and Chief O'Hara used to summon Batman. Whenever she needs guidance she will shine the "Van-signal" at the clouds and he will come down off his tractor to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and bring comfort to the afflicted.
The Real Goose

United States

#38 Aug 23, 2012
You love emperical evidence? Good!

Look this one up: The most gay-friendly nation in the world is Iceland. They have all of the laws that fagagandists here advocate. AND - the suicide rate among gays is just as high there as it is here.

I know it's a sad thing. But their God-given consciences tell them they are wrong - and alot of them just find it hard to live with themselves.
jamie Pettie

Knoxville, TN

#39 Aug 24, 2012
I talked to Dr. Bob Jenierzin at Princeton University and he said it is a fact that gay's are born with a muscle in the brain called a (feedner) that does not function. This causes them to be gay. It is no fault of their own. You can read more by going to Dr Jenierzin's web site.

Columbia, TN

#40 Aug 24, 2012
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text> You love emperical evidence? Good!
Look this one up: The most gay-friendly nation in the world is Iceland. They have all of the laws that fagagandists here advocate. AND - the suicide rate among gays is just as high there as it is here.
I know it's a sad thing. But their God-given consciences tell them they are wrong - and alot of them just find it hard to live with themselves.
So, did a quick google search. Googled gay friendly countries and then opened up another window and googled suicide rates by country...wow. You must try to independently research instead of just regurgitating your hate speech.

The suicide rate is lower in 6 of the ten countries listed as the top ten gay friendly (or countries that have laws protecting people of different than heterosexual) and about even in the other three. See how statistics work? For you to take one country and it's similar suicide and try to use that to prove your point is kind of funny.

Listen, I truly hope you take an inward look at your hatefilled ways. I am not gay, don't care who is, but I do care about a civilized place for my children to grow up in. The facts are that suicide is a leading cause of death for gay kids and it's not because their brain is telling them that it's wrong, it's because they have uncles, dads, moms, cousins, grandparents that like you, say vile things about them and all they know is they need to hide their feelings or end their life. You may not want to acknowledge that you are playing a part in all of this, but you are.

I will pose one last question, or ask you to actually think about something. What if they announced tomorrow that they isolated a gay gene? Would that make this any different for you? What if it truly wasn't a choice?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41 Aug 24, 2012
<quoted text>
So, did a quick google search. Googled gay friendly countries and then opened up another window and googled suicide rates by country...wow. You must try to independently research instead of just regurgitating your hate speech.
The suicide rate is lower in 6 of the ten countries listed as the top ten gay friendly (or countries that have laws protecting people of different than heterosexual) and about even in the other three. See how statistics work? For you to take one country and it's similar suicide and try to use that to prove your point is kind of funny.
Listen, I truly hope you take an inward look at your hatefilled ways. I am not gay, don't care who is, but I do care about a civilized place for my children to grow up in. The facts are that suicide is a leading cause of death for gay kids and it's not because their brain is telling them that it's wrong, it's because they have uncles, dads, moms, cousins, grandparents that like you, say vile things about them and all they know is they need to hide their feelings or end their life. You may not want to acknowledge that you are playing a part in all of this, but you are.
I will pose one last question, or ask you to actually think about something. What if they announced tomorrow that they isolated a gay gene? Would that make this any different for you? What if it truly wasn't a choice?
First off, I have no dislike for gays. Personally I don't understand it, but it doesn't effect me. However, before you chastise those aunts uncles, etc....the source of this opinion originally came from God. The Bible clearly speaks to homosexuality. Now before you get mad at me, I'm simply telling you what the Bible says. If you think the Bible is hooey, then that's your issue, not mine. But secondly, before we talk about isolating a gene, let's talk about ALL of us trying this alternative lifestyle out. Put all men on one island, put all women on another. Everyone practices this lifestyle. Who's going to be around in 100 years to discuss how the experiment turned out? NO ONE! This isn't for me to figure out or understand. Personally I believe God has a handle on this and will straighten it all out someday. I'm also fairly certain that the suicide rate would be higher amongst drug addicts if they hung around with citizens of integrity instead of other addicts. So not sure about your correlation here.
The Real Goose

United States

#42 Aug 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Silent mom, the last sentence in your post is downright funny - especially so since it comes from someone who claims she is 'a little bit smarter' than I am.
Did I ever call queerdom a CHOICE? No I did not. But you who claim to dislike stereotypes just assume this about me, after claiming you view people as individuals
Let this float your boat:
http://exodusinternational.org/resources/real...
That link is to a page full of ex-gay testimonies on the Exodus International website.
Yes, those are people that USED TO BE gay. There are more such websites put there.
Did these people all do the impossible, and go get their genes changed?
Before you go off on a tangent, calling them all liars and claiming they cause suicides, there's one interesting bit of info you'll discover if you read those testimonies: NOT ONE of them talks of ever CHOOSING to be gay.
So it sounds like there must be some other cause - and not necessarily the same cause in every case.
You need to read and learn, as it is YOU who wrongly assumed that everyone who disagrees with you on this (me included) must necessarily believe being gay is a choice.
(Don't you feel stupid?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman sent to jail over overgrown yard 1 hr I know her 33
Dawn Hovis Slept With My Husband Of 15 Yrs 12 hr Studley Hungwell 3
Jackson Bolton 12 hr Mary Jane 14
Brittany cox 13 hr lenoi 22
Looking for a place to have Group Bible Study 15 hr bbsmith 1
Shawna and Jon Jon Smallen Tue Dumb 10
Don White Tue I know her 8
Lenoir City Dating
Find my Match

Lenoir City Jobs