What's really going on at LCUB?

What's really going on at LCUB?

Posted in the Lenoir City Forum

Jack Sprat

United States

#1 Mar 14, 2011
Look at these two stories on Van's site:
http://www.vanshaver.com/dear_lcub_employee.h...

http://www.vanshaver.com/executive_session.ht...

Why is LCUB hiring people if they are facing layoffs?
Are they going to layoff the non-relatives of board-members? Is that why they need to bust the union?
LC Voter

Sevierville, TN

#2 Mar 15, 2011
LCUB will be here a lot longer than this topic. Don't wast any more of you time here.
Another Voter

Knoxville, TN

#3 Mar 15, 2011
LCUB will be here but it will be a better LCUB. There is always a day of reckoning.
I KNOW

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2011
There buying drugs in BUCKTOWN
susan bright

Sevierville, TN

#5 Mar 15, 2011
If LCUB is busted I guess thats why our utility bills have gone up. Got to make it somewhere.
Another Voter

Knoxville, TN

#6 Mar 15, 2011
Looks like lcub has been carrying the rest of the city government and this is a big no no.! What else would you expect if city council is also the board of directors for lcub. guess they just didnt know what the consequences would be in the end. We should be seeing lenoir city gov. as we have known it ending and a new way of doing business beginning soon. we can only hope!
Jill Gourley

United States

#7 Mar 15, 2011
Another Voter wrote:
Looks like lcub has been carrying the rest of the city government and this is a big no no.! What else would you expect if city council is also the board of directors for lcub. guess they just didnt know what the consequences would be in the end. We should be seeing lenoir city gov. as we have known it ending and a new way of doing business beginning soon. we can only hope!
I think you're right about the day of reckoning. The city officials have seen LCUB as their own cash-hen for a long time. Now it's coming back to bite them. The city's year long budget is tiny compared to LCUB. They sell utility service all over north Loudon County and in east Roane and west Knox counties. That is the money source that people who run for city offices want to get their hands into.
Sweetie

Corbin, KY

#8 Mar 15, 2011
The problems at LCUB didn't just happen over night. It's been that way from the beginning. Everybody wants to work there because of the benefits & pay; most are angry because they don't have the inside help it takes to get hired. I am happy for anyone who has a job like that, but at the same time I'm angry because city council/board of directors has let the benefits get out of hand. Other people at other less paying jobs outside of a government job deserve good benefits, too. As a taxpayer/ratepayer it gripes me to have to pay for their extravagance. Previous administrations have continued and compounded the pay & benefits that the union now demands & we have to pay for-& that we can no longer afford. I (we) cannot afford the planned water rate increase that is required to pay the loan for water expansions in the past. However; what is the alternative? Aikens & other city officials went to the state Comptroller for answers/guidance & came back apparently empty handed. You just cannot fix in 1 day what has been growing for years. I personally don't see what efforts they have done to find answers as "union busting", but as trying to find common, less financially painful ground for all concerned. I just hope they find it quickly.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

AOL

#9 Mar 21, 2011
Why does the LCUB have their meeting at 4:30 that looks like if people that works it would be hard for them to attend the meetings,or is that the intent behind it. That time should benefit everybody,How does other people feel?
Another Voter

Knoxville, TN

#10 Mar 21, 2011
I've wondered the same thing.
Forrest Dump

Knoxville, TN

#11 Mar 22, 2011
If LCUB would drug test everyone then they wouldn't have to worry about budget cuts. Also the way it works to sell to LCUB. You know greese my palm.
John Drug Tester

Sevierville, TN

#12 Mar 22, 2011
I have personally checked everyone one men and women at LCUB they all passed the drug test with flying colors. My badge # is ICU2
Jack Sprat

United States

#13 Mar 22, 2011
John Drug Tester wrote:
I have personally checked everyone one men and women at LCUB they all passed the drug test with flying colors. My badge # is ICU2
Too bad you are full of kaka de toro.
Know it all

Sevierville, TN

#14 Mar 26, 2011
Something is going on at LCUB
Duh Winning

AOL

#15 Mar 27, 2011
Backroom politics...Duhh Losers
Clyde Rcell

Kingston, TN

#16 Mar 30, 2011
What's really going on? Well whatever it is I know at least 5 are watching while one does the only work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When will "Coach" Pankey get released? 2 hr Jacket 34
Johnson street in kingston 3 hr Kingston 2
Woody being invesigated for extortion 3 hr Kingston 2
Gangs In Knoxville 4 hr Luke 8
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 5 hr Jesus 6
What gang runs the tillery ridge apartments? 5 hr Tamika 1
terri d brabston, smiley riley, and chase 6 hr XXX 3

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance