Matt Brookshire - Co. Mayor
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pamela

Taft, TN

#21 Apr 3, 2010
I haven't lived here very long, but in Florida you could go to the City Treasury Office and ask to see the current financial report for the city or town. That fell under Public Domain. I don't know why TN would be any different.
Before you make statements about Lenoir City being broke maybe you should get some real numbers.
MomOf2

Crossville, TN

#22 Apr 4, 2010
Not to mention, have we all forgotten about the hissy-fits he pitches at the meetings when things don't go his way, demanding do-overs like a child.
Alumni

AOL

#23 Apr 4, 2010
I actually had Mr. Brookshire as a teacher. He is a nice guy, funny, likeable. Oh, he also is dumber than a bag of hammers when it comes to articulating his beliefs. I forgot how illogical he was until I saw him recently and started talking to him. He can't form a coherent opinion on anything. It is not that I disagree with him ideologically; he just can't explain why he believes something. He says it and that makes it right. There would never be anyone voted county mayor who acts that way!(Yes, his name is Doyle Arp, I was being sarcastic.)
MaryAnne

Oak Ridge, TN

#24 Apr 4, 2010
MomOf2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger makes me laugh.:)
LOL!!! That would be you dingle! No one here has that issue but you/David and webb. Didn't you start a new web site??? LOL. You(David) was busted for removing stories posted on Topix, now that's anger. Quit being a hater. We adults need to discuss real issues now. Go and play with Van. Doesn't he still have that hater blog? My in-box is full from the community laughing at you(not with you).
bystander

Kingsport, TN

#25 Apr 4, 2010
Alumni wrote:
I actually had Mr. Brookshire as a teacher. He is a nice guy, funny, likeable. Oh, he also is dumber than a bag of hammers when it comes to articulating his beliefs. I forgot how illogical he was until I saw him recently and started talking to him. He can't form a coherent opinion on anything. It is not that I disagree with him ideologically; he just can't explain why he believes something. He says it and that makes it right. There would never be anyone voted county mayor who acts that way!(Yes, his name is Doyle Arp, I was being sarcastic.)
It's probably going to take you a few years to realize you are not nearly as smart as you think. Get out of Loudon County, travel the world a little, and you will find that you are just a cat fish in a little pond, intellectually, I mean. It seems you spend half your time telling people how smart you are.
Alumni

AOL

#26 Apr 4, 2010
I have independently confirmed that I am every bit as intelligent as I think I am. If you would like to challenge that, I will be happy to entertain your attempts.

I have traveled, a great deal actually, and you are correct that there are others smarter than I am. That really doesn't matter, though. I know people in Loudon County that are smarter than I am. The issue is not my degree of intelligence. It is, instead, my degree of reason and logic. Those two tenants are the foundations of a preeminent ideological argument.

If you disagree with me, perhaps you should just make your case and let me defend my argument. That is what I would expect from a well-traveled intellectual.
MomOf2

Crossville, TN

#27 Apr 4, 2010
MaryAnne wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! That would be you dingle! No one here has that issue but you/David and webb. Didn't you start a new web site??? LOL. You(David) was busted for removing stories posted on Topix, now that's anger. Quit being a hater. We adults need to discuss real issues now. Go and play with Van. Doesn't he still have that hater blog? My in-box is full from the community laughing at you(not with you).
Still laughing at you. Did I offend your precious Matt? He acts like a child sometimes, maybe your his nanny?:) P.S. I like Van, and I like what he stands for, that piss you off too?
Tony

Louisville, TN

#28 Apr 5, 2010
He does act as a child. I don't know how smart he is, I have never been able to look past his behavior. It wouldn't matter how smart he was until he changes his attitude, he'll continue to have problems with the public.

I can only imagine what his wife has to deal with, and what his father in law really thinks about him.
bystander

Kingsport, TN

#29 Apr 5, 2010
Alumni wrote:
I have independently confirmed that I am every bit as intelligent as I think I am. If you would like to challenge that, I will be happy to entertain your attempts.
I have traveled, a great deal actually, and you are correct that there are others smarter than I am. That really doesn't matter, though. I know people in Loudon County that are smarter than I am. The issue is not my degree of intelligence. It is, instead, my degree of reason and logic. Those two tenants are the foundations of a preeminent ideological argument.
If you disagree with me, perhaps you should just make your case and let me defend my argument. That is what I would expect from a well-traveled intellectual.
"Independently confirmed"? Interesting. You haven't made any ideological arguments here. People in Loudon County that are smarter than you? Really? Surely, none of us could measure up! Especially not your worthless teachers or any of our government leaders. How is it that idiots always seem to rise to positions of authority and those of us who are more intelligent and thoughtful have to sit on Topix and whine about how incompetent they are? You will get your shot someday to influence people. I hope that you use your intelligence to do something positive. Otherwise, simply being intelligent is worthless.
Alumni

AOL

#30 Apr 5, 2010
You are correct. Most of the public school teachers are worthless and the same follows for many of our government officials. That is not to say that all of them are mindless fools, just a convenient plurality. Chuck Jenkins is great. I believe he has shown intellect and leadership in his opposition to Arp. That is only one of several "leaders" who I believe have it right. If you think that, by virtue of being a "leader" one is intelligent, then you are wrong. Some have the ability to lead but possess no capacity to lead anywhere worthwhile. Was Hitler intelligent? He was one hell of a leader. By your logic those in the resistance were just whiners.

Regardless, you only hurt the usefulness of Topix when I have to come back and defend myself instead of my positions. Get back on topic.
bystander

Kingsport, TN

#31 Apr 5, 2010
Don't get me wrong. I am often in opposition to government leaders, school administrators,etc. I simply don't believe it is effective to point out wrongdoings without offering constructive solutions. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, so they say. I just haven't heard any intelligent solutions to problems from you. You once said that teacher pay should be based on percentage of those passing. What is passing? Who determines that? The teacher in his/her classroom? That would be easy enough to control. The state with its T-CAP test, which by their own admission considered students proficient if they were at the 15th percentile? I hope that wasn't what you were using to "independently verify" your intelligence. I do not doubt that you are an intelligent young person with a world of potential. I just wonder what you will do with it. As for the topic, whether Matt Brookshire will be a good county mayor, I believe that he will. You'd have to admit he is a step up from where we have been and until you are ready to run and put your ideas out there for public scrutiny, we may have to make do with Mr. B.
Alumni

AOL

#32 Apr 5, 2010
Ok, so an intelligent solution to the problem at hand would be to vote for Van Shaver. A less intelligent solution would be to blindly vote for a Republican. An unintelligent solution would be to vote for Matt Brookshire, unless you are slightly cynical and think that his incompetence would lend itself to further destroying the Democrat party's already pathetic chances in Loudon County. These are all valid (opinionated) solutions which I thought so elementary as to omit them. Did you expect me to call for a revolution as a solution to Brookshire’s possible election? Working within the guidelines of our prescribed election methods, the “solutions” seem clear to me.
bystander

Kingsport, TN

#33 Apr 5, 2010
I just lost all respect for your intellect.
Traveling Man

Oak Ridge, TN

#34 Apr 5, 2010
Van is the man
vote for Van
Dude

Knoxville, TN

#35 Apr 5, 2010
Traveling Man wrote:
Van is the man
vote for Van
On the square???
Traveling Man

Louisville, TN

#36 Apr 5, 2010
I have given him the third degree on many issues and he seems to have the best solution.
Ghost_of_Charlie

Franklin, TN

#37 Apr 6, 2010
What has happened to the once small friendly village?
humm

United States

#38 Apr 6, 2010
LCUB wrote:
He's only running for county mayor 'cause he didn't get the LCUB manager's job. Lenoir City is broke because of him.
its broke because of the rate of pay we are paying for peoples kin folk to have good jobs! check the pay scale around surrounding counties! i bet youll be surprised!!!
PUMASOCKSTAR

Shelbyville, TN

#39 Apr 8, 2010
All You Have To Do Is YouTube Lenoir City Council Meeting and Watch Matt Pitch a Fit Like a 5 Yr Old Toward Eddie Simpson... Tells Him To Not Get Up...lmao
Preston

United States

#40 Oct 11, 2012
Matt Brookshire wrote:
You dumb ass, " Hell No " I will not teach...
If this is really matt brookshire you would know who i am....i was in your class last year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
surveillance drones flying over knox and other ... (Mar '13) 7 hr Cat Woman 58
Poll Favorite Knoxville Meteorologist (past or present) (Aug '11) 14 hr Rudy Kipyard 7
Shooting on Whittle Springs Rd 14 hr Rudy Kipyard 4
Roads closings for bike races WHY??? Mon Charity Fraud 7
Another Fatal Stabbing on Knoxville Greenway :( Sun What a waist 36
News Police: Teenager sought in double homicide rela... Sun Panther Pride 3
Do you smell that? Sun South Knox Hombre 24

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages