Lenoir City officials decline to expl...

Lenoir City officials decline to explain $5,000 donation

There are 8 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Aug 23, 2012, titled Lenoir City officials decline to explain $5,000 donation. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

Lenoir City officials have declined to provide any comment regarding questions raised about a donation to a local non-profit organization that supported changes to the city charter during the Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Thank you Hugh Willett. Has our Loudon County so-called newspaper said one word about this yet?

Somebody has read Tony Aikens his rights and he is exercising his right to remain silent.
Loudon County JOE

Kingsport, TN

#2 Aug 23, 2012
Loudon countypaper IN THE POCKET of local LC and County POLS. I was callled a week ago about getting the paper for 6 months at a reduced rate. I ask caller how he would rate the paper "1st class" he said . I decline , it is a REAL PIECE OF CRAP.
The Real Goose

United States

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Yeah I guess the Newsless Herald is exercising their right to remain silent as you also exercise your right to save 75 cents twice every week.
mucho corruption

Dayton, TN

#4 Aug 23, 2012
Does this story really surprise anyone?
Weird

Knoxville, TN

#5 Aug 24, 2012
Very weird
Weird

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 24, 2012
Extremely weird even
Mystery

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 24, 2012
mucho corruption wrote:
Does this story really surprise anyone?
Probably not many. It does make one wonder how many times something like this has gone on in the past. Looks like nobody in the city gov. is looking out for the taxpayers in this town.
Bob

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 25, 2012
They are busy looking over their shoulders right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lenoir City Police Shoots A Man 16 hr Sept 2016 81
News Nissan recalling Altima and Sentra cars over se... (Nov '07) 17 hr toywrench 22
Friends and I need help. 18 hr Curryalltheway 6
News OUR STORIES: The legendary life of Knoxville's ... (Apr '07) 21 hr Friend of Jackie 3
Stolen tools and tool box from state street gar... Fri Pissedoff 1
The Village Barn (Oct '10) Fri old timer gloria 27
News Sevierville auto dealer facing tax evasion charge (Jan '08) Fri Tweeter 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages