BOEs gear up for retreats

BOEs gear up for retreats

There are 45 comments on the Loudon County News story from Feb 22, 2013, titled BOEs gear up for retreats. In it, Loudon County News reports that:

Just as the cost of providing a quality education isn't getting any cheaper, neither is the cost of planning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Loudon County News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mom

Knoxville, TN

#41 Mar 3, 2013
I think I'll take my kids and send the receipts to the County Commission requesting reimbursement. I'll attend their meetngs. Every one of them. I will eat where they eat and stay where they stay.
Yes, I think I will.
Concerned Tax Payer

United States

#42 Mar 8, 2013
Mom wrote:
Did you read Van Shavers website post about this?. Are you kidding me? Are the school board members really going to make the taxpayers pay for family members to tag along on this vacation? Somebody tell me it ain''t so!
I'm looking for Mr. schnell's website. Help!
Go to www.loudonhomerule.org .
Baddabing

Loudon, TN

#43 Mar 8, 2013
It is stressful spending other people's money
Mom too

Knoxville, TN

#44 Mar 8, 2013
Isn't this the kind off thing that should be covered by what we pay them. They are spending our money twice here. Who knows what other expenses we pay that should come out of their compensation for what exactly? They do not set a very good example for our children do they? Can anyone tell me how many children total the board has enrolled in county schools?
There are teachers out there buying school supplies for students out of their own pockets. And we are paying for the board to take a family vacation to Gatlinburg where while they are there they will have a meeting or two. They should e ashamed to spend the children and taxpayer money this way.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#45 Mar 9, 2013
Mom too wrote:
Isn't this the kind off thing that should be covered by what we pay them. They are spending our money twice here. Who knows what other expenses we pay that should come out of their compensation for what exactly? They do not set a very good example for our children do they? Can anyone tell me how many children total the board has enrolled in county schools?
There are teachers out there buying school supplies for students out of their own pockets. And we are paying for the board to take a family vacation to Gatlinburg where while they are there they will have a meeting or two. They should e ashamed to spend the children and taxpayer money this way.
Mom, they have no shame. They are in office for the perks, not to serve anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rooms to Go/Best Buy TV packages SUCK (Feb '12) 46 min Dsmorris13 77
News Dogfighting case pending in Hamblen County (Jul '07) 58 min The brain 313
News Burchett: I'm running for U.S. House or Senate ... 1 hr Thinking out loud 185
The end of Metro Pulse= No Big Loss (Oct '14) 2 hr Bert Vincent 28
Which side to walk on 13 hr South Knox Hombre 16
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) 17 hr Gonzo 137
News TBI investigates missing records at Lenoir City... (Jan '11) Jul 16 Teacher 118

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages