Recent county mayor hopeful arrested

Recent county mayor hopeful arrested

There are 65 comments on the Loudon County News story from Mar 4, 2011, titled Recent county mayor hopeful arrested. In it, Loudon County News reports that:

A contender for the Loudon County Mayor's position during the 2010 election was arrested Wednesday after violating an order of protection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Loudon County News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Gee Wizz

Seymour, TN

#1 Mar 4, 2011
Standing Tall
Gee Wizz

Seymour, TN

#2 Mar 4, 2011
Standing Tall
give it some thought

Sevierville, TN

#3 Mar 4, 2011
What does that mean?
union man

Greenback, TN

#4 Mar 4, 2011
It was Mark Matlock's campagin slogan. Now that is hilarious! And he almost won too. It is getting more and more frightful to live in Loudon County. The nuts are taking over this place.
Laura Lynn Miller

Salisbury, NC

#5 Mar 4, 2011
Wow, well I guess for all those who voted for Christie Kriescher for the 6th District school board election last Aug. and said she could even run for mayor and win, looks like she'd fit in just perfect!!!
Curious

Knoxville, TN

#6 Mar 4, 2011
Does anybody think someone got him to run at the last minute just to split the vote? Surely he did't think he could win. Some people probably associated the name with Jimmy Matlock that's why he got so many votes.
Puzzled

Cookeville, TN

#7 Mar 4, 2011
Its scarry to think that Mark Matlock came close to being elected? Voters beware, they don't know the candidates and they don't seem to care.

What if Van Shaver had told on Estelle Herron during the race like he used to do with Doyle Arp? How a lawsuit was filed in federal court over Estelle Herron's harrassment of a co-worker that she mooned? Now this matter with Mark Matlock -- and these are the type of people that run for office in Loudon County that come close or got elected to office.
Threads

Knoxville, TN

#8 Mar 5, 2011
Musta had too many beers with that snack. Forgot who I was. Better sleep it off fore I make a fool of myself.
judge Beingham

Sevierville, TN

#9 Mar 5, 2011
Where have all the good guys gone
gone to Heaven everywhere
long time forgotten
is there any any where
help us Lord today
Lousy public officials

Cookeville, TN

#10 Mar 5, 2011
Mark Matlock sounds like he's bad news.

What is this about Mayor Estelle Herron - harrassment and mooning a co-worker? If that is true, this is unreal. Why didn't this come out during the mayor's campaign?

Wasn't Mayor Herron's daughter in a News Sentinel article involving Bobby Johnson and didn't one of the articles say that Eddie Simpson threatened Bobby Johnson?

No wonder people don't want to go to the polls and vote with people like this running for office.
Jack Sprat

United States

#11 Mar 5, 2011
Lousy public officials wrote:
Mark Matlock sounds like he's bad news.
What is this about Mayor Estelle Herron - harrassment and mooning a co-worker? If that is true, this is unreal. Why didn't this come out during the mayor's campaign?
Wasn't Mayor Herron's daughter in a News Sentinel article involving Bobby Johnson and didn't one of the articles say that Eddie Simpson threatened Bobby Johnson?
No wonder people don't want to go to the polls and vote with people like this running for office.
Yes, Eddie Simpson is alleged to have threatened Bobby. The exact nature of the alleged threat has not been told. If true, then Simpson did not like Bobby reprimanding the daughter of the same county mayor that Road Superintendent Simpson must go to for the funding to keep hiring his family. You could even wonder if Mayor Herron was behind the threat. The whole story isn't told yet though.
Johnny Lambert

Sevierville, TN

#12 Mar 5, 2011
No one really cares.
Blue Tick

Cookeville, TN

#13 Mar 5, 2011
Johnny wrote, "No one really cares."

How about "No one really knows!

We're just finding out about the likes of Mark Matlock. Thats not the person that we saw and heard during the election campaign.

As far as Estelle Herron is concerned she's a fake just like Mark Matlock. A co-worker filed a lawsuit against Herron for $1.5 million (harrassment) and the insurance company settled out of court. http://www.loudon.xtn.net/story/191

The courthouse mafia including Herron also threatened a lawsuit against the county but the county caved. Herron got her way.
County budget committee meets to head off lawsuits
http://www.loudon.xtn.net/story/4209
r u crazy

Knoxville, TN

#14 Mar 5, 2011
Johnny Lambert wrote:
No one really cares.
You should care if you live here.
Why

Knoxville, TN

#15 Mar 5, 2011
Puzzled wrote:
Its scarry to think that Mark Matlock came close to being elected? Voters beware, they don't know the candidates and they don't seem to care.
What if Van Shaver had told on Estelle Herron during the race like he used to do with Doyle Arp? How a lawsuit was filed in federal court over Estelle Herron's harrassment of a co-worker that she mooned? Now this matter with Mark Matlock -- and these are the type of people that run for office in Loudon County that come close or got elected to office.
Why does it take so long for people to tell the truth about what goes on. Theres more oldies but goodies on www.beckywatkins.com residents blog.
Ghewhizz

Cookeville, TN

#16 Mar 6, 2011
Just to think, Mark Matlock came sooo close to winning. Thank goodness he didn't.

Based on previous comments just look on the bright side, we have Estelle "Moon" Herron. Estelle wanted new furniture and a catered luncheon and commissioners said no. Instead she got outdoor furniture.

I drove by the county building on my way to the library and it looked different. The big maple is gone and I could see rockers and planters with dead plants and the mayor and her friends talking and smoking.
Why

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 6, 2011
In Loudon County you get what you vote for..then you have to pay for it.
We are continually taken advantage of and embarrassed by the people we vote for...There's more going on than "meets the eye."
A certain amount of dignity and decency shouldn't be too much to ask, unless they just don't have it in them.
whats happening

Cookeville, TN

#18 Mar 6, 2011
I've read all of the comments and I can't believe these are the type of people who run for public office and win. I find it hard to believe that voters elected people like Mayor Moon Herron, highway dept Eddie Sipmson same guy that threatened Bobby Johnson and and Dr. Professor and his lovely wife commissioner Sharron whats her last name.
Madame Sprat

Knoxville, TN

#19 Mar 6, 2011
I get a kick out you Loudon county folks complaining about the same folks you elected again and again. mark matlock getting arrested isn't the joke, the joke is you stupid inbred crackers who gave him a third of the vote.

Estelle gets one third-- proves one third are corrupt
matlock get one third --proves on third are stupid
Shaver gets one third -- proves one third can read a newspaper.
Happy Face

Greenback, TN

#20 Mar 6, 2011
I know we have good people here in Loudon County that do not want this type of leadership. Where has all the flowers gone? Honesty, integrity, pride, hopefullness, intelligence, and creed need to be the ones we look at to get us back on the right path to the kind of place we used to be proud of. If we don't, sisters and brothers, we are going to pick up the paper everyday and see more and more of these goof ups. All we have to do is look at the ones seeking office and weigh the differences. If there is anything that we know about these yodelers that make us believe that they would not be good for this place, we need to stop voting for them and put the right one in their elected office. We are being influenced by their using our tax monies to put their kin folks to work, special gifts, trips, and getting someone out of trouble that need to be punished for their wrong doing.These people are only there for their self gratification. We as citizens can stop this. We just need to stop and think about it when we line up to go vote. I hope you agree and begin to fire the ones that do not deserve our votes on election day. It is our county too and we deserve the good government that brought us here or made us stay a long time ago. We are look at disaster if we do not act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First 100 days 1 hr buck is nuts 7
News Knoxville tops list of high gas prices in Tenne... 1 hr South Knox Hombre 5
Colonel's Café in Bearden 4 hr timsauljr 5
News The Palace replaces Michael's (May '07) 6 hr Ernestine 89
Lenoir City Schools (Oct '16) Apr 14 Juan Jose 5
Taco bell (Jul '16) Apr 13 Eli 5
Living in Lenoir City (May '06) Apr 10 Barney OTool 72

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages