Lenoir City voters face same two prop...

Lenoir City voters face same two proposals again

There are 66 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Jul 16, 2012, titled Lenoir City voters face same two proposals again. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

It might seem like dA©jA vu all over again for Lenoir City voters who notice that two initiatives on the Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Indian in the Fort

Knoxville, TN

#21 Jul 26, 2012
How does an 'average citizen' afford to purchase $1.65 million dollars of property in Lenoir City, TN on one single day. Must be good work if you can get it. ;)
AIKENS TONY ETUX
  
 PINE RIDGE S/D
12/31/2003
 
 $550,000
 
 VACANT
 
 AIKENS TONY ETUX
 PINE RIDGE S/D
 COM
 12/31/2003 
 $550,000
 AIKENS TONY ETUX
 PINE RIDGE S/D
 COM
 
12/31/2003
 
 $550,000
And Oh by the way I guess I missed this action transferring a City Park Property to a private individual ... Anybody else know about this? Pretty cheap for two acres of land?
AIKENS TONY
POPLAR STREET/TOWN CREEK
02/16/2010 $2,500
Public records
http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/ParcelList....
Curious Landgrabber

Ashburn, VA

#22 Sep 8, 2012
Is there city property for sale arouse the area of the Greenest? Was the property the swimming is on purchased from a counselman?
duuhhhdly

Ashburn, VA

#23 Sep 8, 2012
Dolby wrote:
Why is it so hard to find somebody to run for this office?
Vote for the man with the accounting degree. The others in that office dont have the accounting background to get to the bottom of all that has been screwed up down there.
He's young and hopefully is a man with the backbone to get the place back on track.
The people who vote for him need to support him after he is elected. Let's not just forget why we voted for the right to elect a treasurer and voted for him in the first place.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

AOL

#24 Sep 8, 2012
duuhhhdly wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote for the man with the accounting degree. The others in that office dont have the accounting background to get to the bottom of all that has been screwed up down there.
He's young and hopefully is a man with the backbone to get the place back on track.
The people who vote for him need to support him after he is elected. Let's not just forget why we voted for the right to elect a treasurer and voted for him in the first place.
Can I hear an Amen?
Accountant

Greenback, TN

#25 Sep 8, 2012
Amen Dawg. I know what I am talking about!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#26 Sep 8, 2012
Who Let The Dawgs Out wrote:
<quoted text>Can I hear an Amen?
Amen Dawgs!
And I understand he lives in the city too.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

AOL

#27 Sep 8, 2012
Oh yeah! Amen I totally agree. And hopefully Becky will get elected, too.
Curious Landgrabber

Knoxville, TN

#28 Sep 9, 2012
So the property where the Lauterdale Realty sign is private property. It is right in the middle of the city park Greenway. The city needs to buy that property back from mayor or whoever is selling it. This doesn't make any sense. I must have missed something here. What about the swimming pool. Isn't that part of the park. Who did we buy that land from.
Becky

Knoxville, TN

#29 Sep 9, 2012
Thank you dawgs. I'll do my best. Planning to start door to door distribution of campaign info. tomorrow. I'm thankful for some cooler weather!
The Real Goose

United States

#30 Sep 10, 2012
Curious Landgrabber wrote:
Is there city property for sale arouse the area of the Greenest? Was the property the swimming is on purchased from a counselman?
Okay now I want to know the answer. You asked the question. Tell us the answer if you know it.
When the city built that pool did they purchase the land from a councilman? If so, then WHO?
I KNOW THE ANSWER

Greenback, TN

#31 Sep 10, 2012
No the city already owned the property. It was located on property that was purchased when they bought the propery for the Middle School. It did not belong to a councilman.
Becky

Knoxville, TN

#32 Sep 10, 2012
I KNOW THE ANSWER wrote:
No the city already owned the property. It was located on property that was purchased when they bought the propery for the Middle School. It did not belong to a councilman.
What about the Towncreek Greenway? Are those signs just there to promote the realty business? Surely there isn't land for sale in that area. I've wondered about this myself.
Mr. Brown has some great campaign signs up on Old 95! It is too early for signs to go up on City property, but they are beginning to go up on private property. November 6 will be here and gone before we know it!
Becky

Knoxville, TN

#33 Sep 10, 2012
Thanks "I Know...", Do you also know when and from whom did they buy the property for the middle school?
I'm not suggesting anything improper was done, I have come to the conclusion that the people need to know these things and we have some catching up to do. It is not always easy to get answers if you are not involved and in on the negotiations.
Officials don't seem to like the public asking questions! That always makes me wonder why so much of what goes on is such a secret.
I have asked several questions and gotten answers. I have also asked questions about what is public information and not gotten answers. There isn't a whole lot you can do when being ignored.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Crossville, TN

#34 Sep 10, 2012
Becky wrote:
Thank you dawgs. I'll do my best. Planning to start door to door distribution of campaign info. tomorrow. I'm thankful for some cooler weather!
YW. You have already been in my area. You left a lil packet in my paper box. Good luck.
Who Let The Dawgs Out

Crossville, TN

#35 Sep 10, 2012
I have seen a couple of places where Hurley has NOT picked up her signs. They should fine her. Ha! shes a sore loser.
queenbee

Lenoir City, TN

#36 Sep 10, 2012
Vote Becky Watkins!
XXXXXX

United States

#37 Sep 11, 2012
I KNOW THE ANSWER wrote:
No the city already owned the property. It was located on property that was purchased when they bought the propery for the Middle School. It did not belong to a councilman.
Thanks.
The VoteMiester

Knoxville, TN

#38 Sep 11, 2012
That would be a step in the right direction. We have an opportunity to put two new people on the inside. It is time to get the Chicago style politics out of Loudon County. Why do you think it is so hard to get good people to run? Why do you think it is so difficult for them to win if they do? Looks like there aren't many willing to go up against the political machine in LC any more. Get the word out and get as many people as you can to the polls next month.(Early voting starts in October.)
The Real Goose

Rathdrum, ID

#39 Sep 12, 2012
The VoteMiester wrote:
That would be a step in the right direction. We have an opportunity to put two new people on the inside. It is time to get the Chicago style politics out of Loudon County. Why do you think it is so hard to get good people to run? Why do you think it is so difficult for them to win if they do? Looks like there aren't many willing to go up against the political machine in LC any more. Get the word out and get as many people as you can to the polls next month.(Early voting starts in October.)
It's more the idiot mentality than the machine. Do you know how many people around here think Aikens is honest? The most common reason they give for believing this is that they have known him their entire life
The VoteMiester

Knoxville, TN

#40 Sep 12, 2012
No one who wears a badge and carries a gun should be allowed to gain so many political positions in one city and county. Think of what that person could do if he was not honest.
You know what they say, "absolute power corrupts absolutely." Just sayiñ'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deli near UT campus 1 hr Donald J Trump 4
News Knoxville petition created to remove confederat... 2 hr Thinking Out Loud 50
Steve Bannon goes Bye Bye 2 hr Donald J Trump 19
News White supremacists plan monument protest, summi... 3 hr Donald J Trump 33
Trump's Afganastan War 5 hr Need to know 10
News Family defends fourth suspect in Hamblen murder (Mar '08) 6 hr Bonnie 32
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) 13 hr John 175

Lenoir City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages