Krystal Myers should be Excommunicate...
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#204 May 8, 2012
Indigo wrote:
All of America is laughing at you right now. Your comments are being featured in the news, showing your religious hatred in it's full display.
You should all be be ashamed of yourselves. You aren't Christians, you are just bigoted fools and harlots.
So you believe all of America reads GLBT TOPIX?

You're a bit of a loon then.
Reezin

Knoxville, TN

#205 May 8, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet why do Christians pray to their god? I never really got the point.
Millions of Christians will pray to their god and ask for his help, mercy, etc. Yet I keep hearing how God is all-merciful and good, so why bother begging to God asking him to be something that he already is?
Christians also believe in the devil who they see as the source of evil. So why don't they ask Satan not to be so evil by praying to him? You can't make God any more merciful than he already is and neither can you make him act in your personal circumstances.
However, praying to the bad guy might get you a resul
This has got to be the most incredibly clueless statement about God and the Devil and prayer Ive heard yet.
No wonder you are confused. That you and many others use these forums to spread confusion and make statements and assumptions that have nothing to do with what you would find in the Bible if you were to read it objectively. Of course that would mean you would have to put aside all of your false assumptions and preconceived notions about God, faith and prayer. I dont see that ever happening but much worse than your personal choice of atheism when you give account of your life before the Creator of the universe and beyond will be that you deliberately became what the Bible calls a stumblingblock for those who would believe.
The people professing to be followers of Christ who make statements about stoning and who spread hatred and condemnation toward people are stumblingblocks as well.
Before anyone accuses me of judging by making this statement let me say I'm guilty too. The Bible tells us there is not one righteous among us.
reality check

AOL

#206 May 9, 2012
Enough wrote:
Jesus also taught that in Heaven "the first shall be last and the last first."
How popular do you think he would have been if he had told the truth?

Folks you are screwed in this life and well that's it, sorry but that's how the cookie crumbles.

If you want people to follow you then just tell them what they wish to hear. Do you think the communist could have taken over Russia if they told the truth about what was comming?

Folks there were so many new religious ideas floating around in those early years that no one could keep track of them. Religious leaders just picked the most popular ideas and ran with it. Even John the Baptist was considered for the leading role in the new best selling book. They even had to decide who was going to be the star of this new religion and if he was going to be a prophet or a god.

No one knows if a real Jesus ever existed and that's the truth and anything else is blind faith. That's why faith is so important to religion, if you ask questions it vanishes.

Since: Apr 08

Corby, UK

#207 May 9, 2012
Concerned1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding.
I am real interested in what others think and believe. You said there was one a time in your life as a child that you used to pray. What faith were you at that time, or what faith were you raised as?
You're welcome.

Neither of my parents were believers although I was baptised Church of England. Not for any religious reason but more because in those days it was the done thing to do.

There were never any prayers at home and religion was rarely discussed. However, my parents never stood in my way and they allowed me to attend religious Education classes (which in those days meant Christianity and no other belief system).

My memories of prayers go back to living in Hong Kong in the sixties where we had prayers at school assemblies. Also, my dad used to take me and my brother to Sunday school.

In later years, I asked him why he sent us to Sunday school. He did it for the peace and quiet. He would drop us off at the church and off he'd go for a few hours to the Repulse Bay Hotel (long gone now) for Sunday brunch, coffee and a read of the newspapers.

I think it's safe to say that I had a faith in the Christian god but my the time I hit my teens I'd grown out of it.

Looking at faith in general, it seems to me that people of different faiths are all so sure that their particular belief is the true one; yet that certainty is purely down to an accident of birth.

If we'd been born in Saudi Arabia it's odds on that we'd be reading the Quran and extolling the virtues of Islam. Whereas if we'd been born in India we'd probably have been singing the praises of Shiva.

There's no getting away from the fact, that for the vast majority of believers, parentage and country of birth dictate just what their belief is.

Most of this planet's believers haven't chosen their faith as a result of in-depth studies of all the others where they've decided which belief system has the best ethics, miracles, etc. People's belief is arbitrary through its heredity.

Corby, UK

#208 May 9, 2012
Reezin wrote:
<quoted text>
This has got to be the most incredibly clueless statement about God and the Devil and prayer Ive heard yet.
No wonder you are confused. That you and many others use these forums to spread confusion and make statements and assumptions that have nothing to do with what you would find in the Bible if you were to read it objectively. Of course that would mean you would have to put aside all of your false assumptions and preconceived notions about God, faith and prayer. I dont see that ever happening but much worse than your personal choice of atheism when you give account of your life before the Creator of the universe and beyond will be that you deliberately became what the Bible calls a stumblingblock for those who would believe.
The people professing to be followers of Christ who make statements about stoning and who spread hatred and condemnation toward people are stumblingblocks as well.
Before anyone accuses me of judging by making this statement let me say I'm guilty too. The Bible tells us there is not one righteous among us.
Why is it a confused post? Pray tell.

Why ask God to be something that he a;ready is?
Fired Up

Knoxville, TN

#209 May 9, 2012
How do you know what God is or isn't?
lcguy22

Greer, SC

#210 Jun 6, 2012
Maybe if they had left her alone she wouldn't have gone to this extreme. She's a hymn being. Not a slut, tramp, or a bitch. She's a very respectable young lady.
Jess

Oxford, MS

#211 Sep 9, 2012
Nara wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine you didn't have a birth certificate. Prove you exist. Maybe you could get some honest people to say they know you. Maybe there is a painting that has your signature or you fingerprint on it. Maybe you have children that will testify that they love you and that you love them. Or maybe some of those who have known you have written letters about having seen you and talked to you and all the things they saw you do and wrote down the words you said...and that you performed miracles to prove you were who you said you were.
Ive never seen Alexander the Great but we know he existed. Jesus was God in the flesh. One reason He chose this plan may be so there would be a historical record for skeptics like you.
I can prove I exist without a birth certificate by just standing in front of you. That is a very poor analogy. God does not present himself for such scrutiny. For some reason he requires others to profess and prove this thing of existence FOR him.....probably bc "he" is not remotely close to the ideas expressed within the Bible. I'm not an atheist, far from it, but I find the concept of "god" that most religions have as repulsive. I find myself recalling a couple of quotes that I think you should consider: "If one says he knows God, then surely he does not" and "The more a man knows, the less he speaks." I think you might do well exercise both of them.
Faithless Forrest

Maryville, TN

#212 Oct 24, 2012
If you liked, "Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian" you might enjoy Freethought Form on the Knoxville community access television streaming from ctvknox.org at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM most Tuesdays. It is also carried on some east Tennessee cable stations. It is a call in program and we love to speak to believers and non believers alike.

Watford, UK

#213 Oct 24, 2012
Fired Up wrote:
How do you know what God is or isn't?
Seeing as I don't believe in the god of the Bible, I don't know what he/she/it is.

However Christians seem to know what their god is when they say he is good, loving, jealous, angry, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stolen tools and tool box from state street gar... 6 hr Pissedoff 1
The Village Barn (Oct '10) 7 hr old timer gloria 27
Lenoir City Police Shoots A Man 10 hr Sept 2016 79
News Sevierville auto dealer facing tax evasion charge (Jan '08) 11 hr Tweeter 9
Review: Smoke House Bar N Grill (Apr '13) 12 hr Big T 66
Do you have to be 18 to buy Nyquil?? (Feb '08) 14 hr ThomasA 5
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 14 hr Susan 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lenoir City Mortgages